Finally !

Author Topic: Finally !  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
Finally !
« on: January 27, 2009 - 10:58:19 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090127/ts_alt_afp/uswarmingenvironmentclimate_20090127132619

This mean we can stop wasting all that money on fake carbon reductions ?

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: Finally !
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009 - 11:10:50 AM »
I dont think if we had not put any of the bad gases into the atmospher that it would have made any difference.  Things on this earth change by themselves. With an eruption of a Valcano the gasses greatly go way up.  If you looked at all of the ones that have gone off in the last 50 years or so I think you would find a great number of them.  There are other sourses of bad gasses also.   :2cents: 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009 - 11:15:44 AM »
Those fires in southern california what a year or two ago put more carbon in the atmosphere than all of the cars in california (may have been all of the cars in the country not sure) over the course of a year, and those fires lasted what a few weeks.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009 - 11:23:33 AM »
Those fires in southern california what a year or two ago put more carbon in the atmosphere than all of the cars in california (may have been all of the cars in the country not sure) over the course of a year, and those fires lasted what a few weeks.

I watched a thing on TV where all the forests that were flooded by hurricane katrina are decaying and releasing more carbons then the entire world's forests consume in a full year...that was pretty crazy. 

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009 - 11:40:10 AM »
What about what a lighting strike does and how many we have of them every day?  Just dont think they thought about all of the natural causes! 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline farmertan

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009 - 11:45:01 AM »
whats that you say carb and califoria the sky is falling oh no!!! quick force your stupid green weany laws on the rest of the country, that will help the economy, and save the planet, and dont let lumber jacks cut your trees its funner to watch them burn later. oh i forgot hussein hired the best greenies he could find and will pass more green laws that will help.wow where did that come from i couldnt stop my fingers from venting on the key board.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009 - 12:14:21 PM »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009 - 12:23:02 PM »
Yeah,

When I found out ( and not from the media ) that man is responsible for less than 3/10 of 1% of greenhouse gasses produced, I kinda lost interest in giving money to the Global Warming bunch.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009 - 12:52:05 PM »
Oh Well! i sold a house in NY that faced another row of houses that were water front property. If I just could have held on to it for another 300 years I would have finally had waterfront according the scientists and the sea levels rising.  :roflsmiley:

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009 - 01:17:02 PM »
I'm not opposed to warmer weather a shorter drive to the shore.  :2thumbs:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline farmertan

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009 - 02:15:45 PM »
Kill all the cows,eat all the steak and hamburg and fight global warming.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/emissions-from-burping-cows-higher-than-family-car-967995.html
well i have about 100 of these acused criminals and asked one of them what she thought of this article,she stuck her tounge out at me, i think that means in cow sign language (lick me) and then she burped, when asked why,? she said if it feels good do it.her grandpa was from the 60s, she also said please eat more chicken.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009 - 02:24:52 PM »
15000 years ago, the ice sheets were melting drastically.  This is when we lost many large animals on this continent alone.  Such as the Mammoth, Saber toothed Tiger, Saber toothed Lion, Giant Sloth, Dire wolves, Cave bears, etc. etc. etc.
We are still warming up from the same cause that made the ice sheets recede.  These had nothing to do with humans.   That's just 15000 years ago.  If you look at the fossil records, there are hundreds if not thousands of extinction events that have happened all around the world for millions of years.  After all, the dinosaurs died in an extinction event 65 million years ago.  It is believed that an asteroid hit the earth in the gulf of mexico.  That created what is similar to a nuclear winter for around 15 years.  This planet was toxic at that point. Still, thousands of species of animals survived.  The gases that tore thorugh this planets atmosphere eventually just escaped thorough the hole in the ozone.  You know, the one that keeps getting bigger(supposedly)
   Global Warming is a Sham!!!  Theres my two cents!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009 - 04:20:36 PM »
I guess we can blame global warming for the freaking cold arse winter in New York so far, and the near record snow falls, and the ice storms back home in Dallas, and the freezes in the deep south.  It's a good thing we have global warming or else it might freeze in Mexico.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009 - 04:58:35 PM »
  Global warming is a hoax, the earth has actually cool slightly over the past 20+ years, it is only the money hungry that benifit from forcing us to PAY to be green.   :money: 
  With a compliant media the truth cannot be told to the masses and so many believe without checking the facts what is printed in the newspapers.   :villagers:
  There has been some benifits, engines have become more efficient but that possibly would have happened anyway.
Dave

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009 - 09:48:02 PM »
no we have global warming and it's all because mopars make large amounts of horse power.it's all our fault.just ask the smartest man on the planet.....al "i invented the internet" gore. :stirpot: :poopoke: :bigsmile: