Author Topic: sentimental car items....what do you have  (Read 1555 times)

Offline DAYTONA

sentimental car items....what do you have
« on: January 28, 2009 - 12:29:35 AM »
...I have tons of stuff I keep for certain reasons, memories, what ever...some of it is really useless dumb stuff

...still have the "Hurst T-Handle" from my new '69 Chevelle SS 396

...still have the GTO cuff links/tie clasp from my new 68 GTO (dealer gave it to me)

...have most of my old speeding tickets from 67-69, apparently threw some of 'em away(had plenty)

...have a key fob I made in 7th grade shop class, used it with my 55 Chevy (first car)

...have the original trunk mat from my 1st 69 Daytona, has a rip, probably worthless, but I still have it

...have a small piece of maroon fiberglass off of my neighbors 65 Vette from the night it was hit next to my house....the Vette was scattered all over the intersection

...have all of my old model cars, some I bought/built 50 years ago

...most of my 8-track tapes from 69, some were stolen, got most back

and on and on and on...........

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: sentimental car items....what do you have
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009 - 12:35:16 AM »
I have several things.

I got some things from ford when I worked there

I got some things from Chevy when I worked there

I still have some Gold sockets from Plymouth also

I have some street machine t shirts and other things from them also.

Just to name a few things
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline aarcuda33

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009 - 07:33:17 AM »
 Hey Daytona
  Is  the picture at the bottom of your post from the Mopar Nationals ? That was the New Castle  T/A display tent  (  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:ha ha) !!!  As I remember you had a couple T/A there Jodys pink T/A , Mike's green T/A I did know the owner of the red T/A I remember being there . It was a shame Mr Norm T/A Is too busy that time of year to bring his white/red  T/A over to the show !   
  It is amazing how many of these car are in your town !! Makes you sometimes forget how rare they real are . And that is just the ones that come out regularly,quite a few I know of in and around town that stay hidden .
   A great town to go to if you want to look at shaker cars also !!
   Man I'm jealous of the guys who got to group up in your town with all those cool car .
   I love it when I visit your town  always guaranteed to see some real cool cars be it mopar or otherwise !!! My last visit I got the pleasure of checking out the Opel Gt that runs around town with the 2 small block chevys powering it  :cooldancing: :cooldancing:!

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009 - 04:07:29 PM »
Hey Daytona
  Is  the picture at the bottom of your post from the Mopar Nationals ? That was the New Castle  T/A display tent  (  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:ha ha) !!!  As I remember you had a couple T/A there Jodys pink T/A , Mike's green T/A I did know the owner of the red T/A I remember being there . It was a shame Mr Norm T/A Is too busy that time of year to bring his white/red  T/A over to the show !   
  It is amazing how many of these car are in your town !! Makes you sometimes forget how rare they real are . And that is just the ones that come out regularly,quite a few I know of in and around town that stay hidden .
   Man I'm jealous of the guys who got to group up in your town with all those cool car .
   I love it when I visit your town  always guaranteed to see some real cool cars be it mopar or otherwise !!! My last visit I got the pleasure of checking out the Opel Gt that runs around town with the 2 small block chevys powering it  :cooldancing: :cooldancing:!

...the Opel GT
...Plum and White T/A Challengers are mine
...Pink T/A used to be mine (now Jodys)
...green T/A - Mike, New Castle
...Red T/A....Dan ?, Greenfield
...blue T/A-Preston, Indy

we all owned the same car...Preston, me, Jody...Preston first owner, I was 2nd/3rd owner, Jody is the 5th owner...I gave the T/A to my daughter and she sold it to Jody
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 - 04:17:01 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009 - 04:11:11 PM »
 :puke: this is for the Opel.........

Daytona slipped the T/A's in there after I posted....  :misbehaving:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 - 04:32:30 PM by wally426ci »
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009 - 04:24:27 PM »
Hey Daytona

...Mr Norms T/A-B.B., is very busy during the summer

...many years ago, there were 17 Trans Am MOPARS in New Castle/Henry Co.....and 6 Winged cars, plus numerous 6-PACKS and a few HEMI E-Bodys...

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009 - 04:55:18 PM »
I've got a lot of odds and ends too. I only could dream of the collection you have Daytona. (awesome) What I like is to dig out my old time slips from the old Suffolk Raceway 1/4 mile dragstrip (now closed) where I used to race my '73 Barracuda in the early 80's. If I can get my scanner working, I'll post some pics. I still have the distributor from it!! :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009 - 05:42:05 PM »
:puke: this is for the Opel.........

Daytona slipped the T/A's in there after I posted....  :misbehaving:

...thats what I figured ( I agree with you) :bigsmile:....or you are really a closet MUSTANG LOVER :roflsmiley:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 - 05:43:50 PM by DAYTONA »

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009 - 05:48:26 PM »
I have.....

-The trunk emblem off my dad's old '69 GTO. I'm still looking for it...I've gotten alot of great leads, I'm chasing one right now.

-'68 Mustang gas cap. I don't know where my dad found it but he found it when he was a mailman.

-All my model cars, diecasts and hot wheels

Tons more I can't think of.
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

wagesofsin

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009 - 06:16:51 PM »
seems everything i own is sentimental in one way or another...

that may or may not make sense, but who i am is where ive been,who i have learned from, what ive done, and who i have met.

john

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009 - 06:45:57 PM »
Nice T/A pictures by the way :drool:

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009 - 09:19:55 PM »
I have my punch ticket from the first texas motorplex race
i have all my pay stubs from my sprint and midget races
also saved the qtr windows from my ss/f mopar with all the division decals the best parts are from my crashed cars wing boards severed seat belts and the likes . also a cuda wing with handcuff damage but thats personal.c

Offline back n black

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009 - 02:25:19 PM »
Still have the truck plate off my first vehichle...89 Dakota Convertible!

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009 - 02:37:07 PM »
also a cuda wing with handcuff damage but thats personal.

:sly: :eek7:

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009 - 02:39:14 PM »
While helping my dad clean out his basement last year, I found the original alternator from my very first car, a 1970 Dodge Dart Custom with a 318.

I brought it home & checked the part number & date code, it is "correct" for my T/A, so it will be rebuilt & put to good use once again.