Author Topic: President thread???  (Read 16990 times)

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
Re: President thread???
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009 - 12:37:32 PM »
Nope I am not.   I do take it personal.  I am building my dream car and all that is said is cutting that dream down.  I sent a message to ken about this also.  I am not kidding I will never ever own another Challenger and will never ever buy a new Challenger.  If things dont change I will delete my account.  Gordon

Dude, get over it. I own a Cuda and never once took offense to anything that anyone has said about either car in the 3 years that I've been here. 

Plain and simple, get over it.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009 - 12:44:33 PM »
It just seems there is a lot more cuda bashing now than any other time I have been on this site.  I thought we loved both cars and that is why we are here on this site. Thought we were all after the same thing to save our cars and make them better.  Kidding goes just so for in my book then it gets more like the truth of what the person is saying.  Remember that others read what we say on here.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009 - 12:50:51 PM »
It just seems there is a lot more cuda bashing now than any other time I have been on this site.  I thought we loved both cars and that is why we are here on this site. Thought we were all after the same thing to save our cars and make them better.  Kidding goes just so for in my book then it gets more like the truth of what the person is saying.  Remember that others read what we say on here.
yes you are correct, everyone here is here for a reason, the love of these cars....so when people joke around, that's all they're doing.  Some people joke more than others, that's all there is to it.  Take me for example, where I work, abuot 5 of us do not know when to stop bashing each other.....to the point where other people look at us and say "I can't believe he just said that about him" and the 5 of us know we are only playing around and that's it.....no harm done, no one gets upset.  Even when the other people see us laughing they then know we are joking and they understand.

I can see if someone wrote "Cuda's suck" with no emoticon after it and someone replied "ha your funny, know they don't" and they replied back "yes they do, I'm serious"......then you have something to move on, but all these threads have had the  :stirpot:  or  :poopoke:  or some form of smiley that shows they are not only kidding, but are also trying to be humorous about it.

Trust me, there are threads that I won't go near in the Other Mopars/Off Topics section because I know I would get too heated and wear my emotions on my sleeve.....but you got to know when people are kidding and when they are not.  if they say they are not, take their word for it until you can prove them wrong.   :cheers:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009 - 12:57:11 PM »
All I can say is we will see.  When someone writes big it is yelling at me and everyone else.  May take me a while to calm down but we will see what happens.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009 - 01:07:29 PM »
It is interesting that the political overtones (Presidential) have apparently taken a back seat to the "cuda-challenger" one on this thread......   

VT Mopar
VT MOPAR

Offline farmertan

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009 - 01:33:37 PM »
gordon nobody not once was serious about the debate,it is in other threads to and was quite funny to me, trust me its been all in the name of fun kind of like this...   cudas have way better grilles instead of just a sad face.. see no one took me serious :poopoke:   :naughty:  :naughty:
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009 - 02:01:14 PM »
All I can say is we will see if I stay around or not.  I used to really like coming on here but again it seems that it is a bashing place and not all in fun or even friendly like it was.  Same politically not just the cuda and challenger thing.  I love e-bodies and think everyone on here should have at least 2 or 3 of them and if we can get a stimulous check lets see if we can do that.

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009 - 02:08:09 PM »
gordon,it's jealousy i tell ya jealousy. those pesky challenger owners know cudas look waaayy better and sexier than the chally(old or new) :violin: or anything else on the road for that matter.besides that if they hadn't shelved the plymouth name there would be a cuda on the market.had that happened again the chally would have followed it to the dealers.
                                                                         :cheers: :burnout: :burnout:cudas rock :burnout: :cheers:

don't let it bother you my mopar brother.....put it up on your shoulder and let it roll off.

:burnout::stirpot: :stirpot:  :burnout::stirpot: :stirpot: :burnout:

:cheers:everybody :cheers:

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009 - 02:12:10 PM »
All I can say is we will see if I stay around or not.  I used to really like coming on here but again it seems that it is a bashing place and not all in fun or even friendly like it was.  Same politically not just the cuda and challenger thing.  I love e-bodies and think everyone on here should have at least 2 or 3 of them and if we can get a stimulous check lets see if we can do that.

where's my check??
                                                                                   "it's my money and my cuda needs it now!!!"

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009 - 02:18:21 PM »
Mine needs it also I have a big list I need for my car to fill!!!!

I know part of my problem is not being able to get in touch with my girlfriend.  Makes it harder on me right now to deal with things.  I know I should not let things get to me like I do but sometimes they still do.

I love the way Aaron made my picture of my car and can not wait till it looks like that.  I hope it runs as well as it will look also and I really think it will for sure. 

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2009 - 02:33:32 PM »
Gordon, no one forces you to click on a thread.  If good fun really gets your blood boiling, dont click on the link. 

If we're going to talk politics, I like that sticker someone posted in the sticker thread.

nObama-

Keep the Change. 

:roflsmiley:

Offline Mike70

• Future Challenger Pilot
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2009 - 03:14:03 PM »
Guys, I never meant anything by my comment - just poking fun  :poopoke:

If it was taken the wrong way, I apologize. Yes, I have a Challenger, but if I had the money I would like to have a Cuda like the one in The Engineers avatar. I've always liked the way the front looks on that model.

Again, I apologize.

Mike
Mike
70 Challenger RT/SE
(If I ever get it done - wait, I guess I have to start first).

Offline lumpy

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009 - 03:27:09 PM »
Obama drives a Chevy ;)

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:23:05 PM »
Obama drives a Chevy ;)

He does?   :clueless:  I thought he used to own that 300 that was for sale on E-bay.

Right now, he's not driving much of anything - just ridin' around in a Cadillac bank vault. 
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:32:08 PM »
Right now, he's not driving much of anything - just ridin' around in a Cadillac bank vault. 

He also has several of these bad boys with him in every motorcade.  Check it out:

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p141/ronvette/?action=view&current=president_car.flv

Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"