Author Topic: Ever feel like its one thing after another ?  (Read 2500 times)

Offline AARCUDADEN

Re: Ever feel like its one thing after another ?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009 - 03:08:11 PM »
yeap every day of my life  :grinyes: i just sunk a whole pay check in my Dodge Ram this past week for a tune up and brakes. Now since my cars have been setting for the winter i've been wondering what they will need done this spring. It never ends  :pullinghair:   
Dennis,Ohio

Offline cudaneil

• Mopar or Nocar ?
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009 - 06:12:58 PM »

:iagree:   With every word thats been said !!!    But when you are behind the wheel on a nice sunny day with your favourite tunes playing and the background v8

rumble...............

Hell its worth every swearword and knuckle skinning !    :ylsuper:

Even when it wont run, you can still get loads of pleasure just looking at YOUR MOPAR just sitting there on YOUR driveway.       :cheers:          :bigsmile:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009 - 06:17:03 PM by cudaneil »
just one more job to do..................  (O----{|||}----O)

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009 - 01:11:00 PM »
I also feel like everything I want to do to my car at this point is at least $500.  :money:

That's how you know it's not far from completion :money:

:bigsmile:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009 - 01:18:42 PM »
I don't feel like it's one thing after another. I know it's one thing after another. My speedo needle started wobbling between 40 and 60 just the other day after I found that I have a tranny and engine oil leak. Oh well now I have something to do this weekend.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009 - 05:46:50 PM »
How about dropping a metal ramp down the side of your driverside fender and scratching the hell out of it. Not that that happened 20 minutes ago with obscenities flowing from the garage.  :swear:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline farmertan

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009 - 08:18:50 PM »
tell me your kidding or at least it wasnt your car. it was the neighbors honda right?
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009 - 10:05:59 PM »
Or, that it was your wifes car, or daliy driver.  :faint:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009 - 10:22:45 PM »
or a rust free d100 truck just coming into your driveway :2thumbs:

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009 - 10:52:25 PM »
I just cant relate here .junk dont fix its self ,restore the car maintain it drive it . this thread would lead one to think the common denom is the type of car or its owners .hot rods and muscle cars are tlc ,time and lotsa cash and not for every one . think about this mr shelby builds a steller cobra and the first complaint was that some one burnt there leg on the exhaust .this person had no business with a hot rod . A 25+ year old car thats unrestored is junk and i dont care who made it . rubber and gaskets are on borrowed time at 5 years so keep a time log on your parts . i just cant drive on luck and a prayer ,so step up and quit the whinney dribble . :2cents:  :violin:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009 - 08:49:40 AM »
Oh yeah, it happened alright. I threw the ramps clear down the driveway and im going to buy the plastic ones from autoworld..  :bricks1: I was quite angry.  :villagers:

the only way i can look at it is that Im getting a fender for my car this spring so I'll just have to hit a few extra spots and reclear from the bodyline up.  :banghead:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009 - 10:00:18 AM »
I just cant relate here .junk dont fix its self ,restore the car maintain it drive it . this thread would lead one to think the common denom is the type of car or its owners .hot rods and muscle cars are tlc ,time and lotsa cash and not for every one . think about this mr shelby builds a steller cobra and the first complaint was that some one burnt there leg on the exhaust .this person had no business with a hot rod . A 25+ year old car thats unrestored is junk and i dont care who made it . rubber and gaskets are on borrowed time at 5 years so keep a time log on your parts . i just cant drive on luck and a prayer ,so step up and quit the whinney dribble . :2cents:  :violin:

Whoa, who pissed in your cheerios? 

I fix things as I go along.  I don't want to take the car down and out of action for a complete rebuild.  No cash and no patience right now.  I do what I can, when something breaks I fix it.  As long as its not a piston shooting out of my block I can take care of what comes my way.  I know alot of folks on the board that do the same thing.  Its a hobby and a fun one at that. 

Wally, sorry to hear about that fender.

Offline cudaneil

• Mopar or Nocar ?
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009 - 02:42:14 PM »
              THESE CHEERIOS TASTE A BIT FUNNY !!!!!.............................................. :roflsmiley:     :roflsmiley:      :smilielol:

Yeah,sorry about the fender Wally.     >:(       :stomp:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009 - 02:46:20 PM by cudaneil »
just one more job to do..................  (O----{|||}----O)

Offline cjm

• 70 Cuda - In Progress.....
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009 - 08:39:30 AM »

I agree.....   

If it's broke --- fix it ....  Go out and enjoy it and be proud of it....

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009 - 03:54:37 PM »
   Yea---I get that feeling every once in awhile to.!!!!!!!

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009 - 04:19:39 PM »
If that picture's for real I'm in!  :thumbsup:

My '72 has had its share of issues in the last 9 months I've had it. But it went from garage space occupier to daily driver in about a month so I don't hold it against her. So far I've replaced the fuel tank, sending unit, door and window seals, pretty much the entire front end needed a rebuild to get rid of some strange clunks (torsion bars, rotors, UCA's and LCA's replaced, strut rods) front brake lines replaced, wiper motor, rear springs, hangers, u bolts, shackles, and my left blinker still stops blinking when I step on the brakes. And don't even get me started on oil and transmission leaks!!! Just bought 3/8" lines, gotta replace the fuel pump too, poor thing starves at WOT going uphill.

But honestly, my '04 SRT-4 (with only 40k on the clock mind you) spent 6 months in and out of the shop with various issues. In the last 6 months I owned it I changed the entire vacuum harness, the air intake tube, the wastegate (twice!), the intake manifold gasket, the front axles (CV joints), rear brake pads, and the catalytic convertor.

Given all that, I prefer the hell out of my unrestored 37 year old car!  :2thumbs: