Author Topic: Naming my Cuda ,need suggestions  (Read 3738 times)

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
Re: Naming my Cuda "INTRUDER" what do you guys think?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009 - 12:21:32 AM »
well, when you spend years building a car,you get attached, no doubt,

I said it before and will say it again, I don't like to build a car with a powerplant that everyone and their grandma has, if I ever have a chance to go with a HEMI, it will be no smaller than 528, I was thinking a while back about dropping  a Viper motor/tranny,but that's been done more than once and from what I hear is a PITA,also most guys end up with no A/C ,I have to have A/C here in Florida

Does it have to have a name?  I dont like to name vehicles, get too attatched.  They are just pieces of iron. 

I'd think of something different.   :clueless:

And a TT small block or big block wouldnt cost nearly as much of what a TT Hemi would cost.  A TT 5.7 Hemi would put out crazy HP, and not cost so much, either. 
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009 - 12:25:35 AM »
Intruder is not set in stone,I'm not 100% sold on it, someone mentionned Hemi-killer, :roflsmiley: that will definitely piss off many Mopar heads :stirpot:
Stefan B

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009 - 02:21:53 AM »
Don't sweat it. You don't seem to be but don't I recall year ago when I got a lot of crap about wanting to fule inject my car and possibly get it to ride like my friends 7 series BMW which meant having to convert over to struts. Now look at what is going on and accepted. Few years from now you might be selling a kit on installing Toyota motors into muscle cars.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009 - 02:55:24 AM »
I like your plans, and look forward to the project, although personally I`d stuff a v8 into anything on wheels just for the feel and the sound... :2cents:
as for the name; I don`t like Intruder... it reminds me of the suzuki wannabe harley...
*** Bart ***

Offline Kapteenikosmos

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009 - 03:14:39 AM »
Nice setup! I'm personally more into v8 growl but with that amount of hps it really can't be too bad  :burnout:

The intruder sounds a bit cliche and also reminds me of a movie which is mainly based in the "educational aspects" of human breeding  :naughty:

However the methods they used on that education film hardly yield in population growth. What can I say, they were on the wrong base?  :rofl:

1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009 - 08:41:59 AM »
Rice? I think far from it, it's old hard core american patriot guys who never had a decent non domestic car that usually will have their panties in a bunch ,by decent I mean something with over 500hp,with leather interior,bigger than 17" wheels wrapped in tractor tires,that were bought on sale at Sears or Pep Boys,
     Sorry but I kinda see a crossover lol so my name picks ( not that you asked for picks) would be CROSSOVER, or TUNEA crossover self explanatory, TUNEA well here you are going to get mad but that 2JZ is something I would expect to see on that tuner tv show. tuner+cuda=tunea. I think it's going to be a cool ride, and you wont see one like it on cruise night.

Offline somedaysoon

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009 - 09:38:21 AM »
So when does the build start? Please keep us updated with pics. All fab work is interesting. I don't blame you hemi shmemi. It's got oomph so go for it. Don't know how to spell the word and you would have to shorten it but let me try scitzaphrenic. Is that right ,you know multiple personalities or is that split personalities. Call it scitzo.  Pete
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009 - 10:13:32 AM by somedaysoon »

Offline lumpy

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:10:05 AM »
Tunea? Don't you mean Tuna? I like Sumocuda :roflsmiley: How about Black Sheep?

nivvy

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:22:32 AM »
intruder just dont seem right.... i would think it needs to be on a based wording of something like... denial or mislead... if you follow my drift..... hope that made sense... lol

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
Re: Naming my Cuda ,need suggestions
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:51:24 PM »
I like your plans, and look forward to the project, although personally I`d stuff a v8 into anything on wheels just for the feel and the sound... :2cents:
as for the name; I don`t like Intruder... it reminds me of the suzuki wannabe harley...

yeah, as much as I'd love to drop in monster V8,but most likely it won't happen ,and I think I'm already over the "intruder" name,so I'm still looking
Stefan B

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:58:36 PM »
So when does the build start? Please keep us updated with pics. All fab work is interesting. I don't blame you hemi shmemi. It's got oomph so go for it. Don't know how to spell the word and you would have to shorten it but let me try scitzaphrenic. Is that right ,you know multiple personalities or is that split personalities. Call it scitzo.  Pete

LOL, @ scitzo,

the build will hopefully start in a month or two, but I will be tearing it down next week,so I can have all new sheetmetal ready when I start the build
Stefan B

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:01:36 PM »
intruder just dont seem right.... i would think it needs to be on a based wording of something like... denial or mislead... if you follow my drift..... hope that made sense... lol

I like your idea,

BTW, how are you feeling? sorry to hear about what happened to you, how is the fender? if you were closer, I'd love to fix and paint it for you at no charge
Stefan B

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:09:08 PM »
I know there have been a few names like this but how about Hemi'sFear? If it has as much power as you say then a lot of hemi's will definitely fear it lol.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:44:45 PM »
I know there have been a few names like this but how about Hemi'sFear? If it has as much power as you say then a lot of hemi's will definitely fear it lol.

I like, though it sounds like Foose's

but I do like it,the car dynoed 853rwhp at 6000rpm on 24psi before full rebuild as well as the turbo with the best components avaliable,extensive head work,and plenty of fuel ,so I have no doubt it can put down well over 4 digits
Stefan B

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009 - 12:18:07 AM »
How about the name    SniperFish?
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)