Author Topic: Naming my Cuda ,need suggestions  (Read 3747 times)

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
Naming my Cuda ,need suggestions
« on: January 30, 2009 - 04:58:01 PM »
I've been thinking of a name that suits my 71 Cuda with 1200+HP 2JZ-GTE powerplant from Toyota Supra,what do you guys think? Intruding into Mopar territory with import :bricks1:I know all of you would never even think of doing this, but at this point I'm trying to come up with a name that makes a statement,but aside from the powerplant ,it will be a project built on a level of some of the best builders,but on small budget,since I can do just about everything to a car with my own two hands and my attention to detail is very high,there will be alot of custom sheetmetal ,suspension,interior,glass, lighting,exhaust,exterior trim fabrication and much more, kinda like a mix between Bob Johnson's and Joe Rogan's Cudas with my own twist,

So please, don't hate me,as much as I'd love to stuff all aluminum 528 HEMI Twin Turbo, I just don't see it happening any time soon,I don't have the extra $60k  or more to fork on that 

if you have a good suggestion for the name, let's hear it :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009 - 10:47:26 PM by exvelocity »
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline Grancoupe

Re: Naming my Cuda "INTRUDER" what do you guys think?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:09:34 PM »
Hate You? I love the fact you did something different. And with 1200 HP lets see how many museum pieces can prove you wrong. I saw a program the other day of a guy that stuffed an electric motor into a small toyota and went 11's with it. got me thinking how much bigger an electric motor I can fit in an e-body! LOL Plenty of trunk space for the lithium ion batteries too! Go for it and have fun with it. Nothing like going against the grain to lift a few eyebrows. Have fun with it. Sorry. Can't help much with the name thing though. Post some shots of the engine sitting in the cuda bay when you get a chance. Just might learn something form it.

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:25:58 PM »
   I agree      :iagree:   Dare to be different !!!   I think this is going to be a great project. Post lots of pictures so we can follow along.  I think the Intruder kinda has a sinister sound to it.  What color are you planning at this time? 

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:29:28 PM »
Toyuda & SupraCuda come to mind.

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:30:10 PM »
Intruder dont sound right!!! Im feeling somtheing else  :eek7:

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009 - 05:49:51 PM »
I will most likely paint it black,maybe PXR Brilliant Black Pearl or dark gunmetal ,either way it will be dark shade metallic,

I don't really like parts of Toyota,Cuda or Supra mixed in the name, but rather something ,mean,intimidating,sinister and original that will suit this car  ,

keep in mind the car will ride on custom air suspension and it will be slammed even at riding height of about 2-3",tubbed to fit the widest 22" tire,smoked custom Xenon headlights,smoked custom LED tails
Stefan B

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009 - 06:07:18 PM »

what do you guys think?

Well, you did ask. ;D :lol2: I'm all for being different but a straight 6 import engine in one of the greatest cars ever built? Not a big fan of that, to me it's just wrong. It's like that Fast & Furious movie where they put a Skyline engine in a Mustang, but worse (cause it's MoPar). It sounds like it's going to be similar to an import with all it's add-ons (see rice) just on a muscle car body, with better build quality and not as cheap. You seem to have a good eye for detail and a creative head on your shoulders. Thought about a twin turbo small block or single turbo big block? As always, it's your car so do what makes you happy, just don't get those cheap "Altezza" lights and neons....... :biggrin:

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009 - 06:53:09 PM »
thanks for your  :2cents:

I asked about the name, not about my building plans for the car,

Rice? I think far from it, it's old hard core american patriot guys who never had a decent non domestic car that usually will have their panties in a bunch ,by decent I mean something with over 500hp,with leather interior,bigger than 17" wheels wrapped in tractor tires,that were bought on sale at Sears or Pep Boys,

originally when I bought this car I wasn't planning to use 2JZ in it, but the way my budget is looking I can't see myself spending $50+k on a nice aluminum turbo HEMI,especially when I spent well over $30k on this set-up, and even if I went with a HEMI,then my car would be just another dime-a dozen resto-moded Cuda,which do not want, period,all my cars and trucks are custom built,I'm not looking to copy anyone,I plan on driving this car just about everyday and by "driving" I mean beating the living daylight out of it   

Stefan B

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009 - 07:41:16 PM »
thanks for your  :2cents:

I asked about the name, not about my building plans for the car,

Rice? I think far from it, it's old hard core american patriot guys who never had a decent non domestic car that usually will have their panties in a bunch ,by decent I mean something with over 500hp,with leather interior,bigger than 17" wheels wrapped in tractor tires,that were bought on sale at Sears or Pep Boys,

originally when I bought this car I wasn't planning to use 2JZ in it, but the way my budget is looking I can't see myself spending $50+k on a nice aluminum turbo HEMI,especially when I spent well over $30k on this set-up, and even if I went with a HEMI,then my car would be just another dime-a dozen resto-moded Cuda,which do not want, period,all my cars and trucks are custom built,I'm not looking to copy anyone,I plan on driving this car just about everyday and by "driving" I mean beating the living daylight out of it   

Fair enough, I too am into custom cars, Batram, stealth Jeep, Madeline which is "just another resto mod" but that's all good, that's your opinion, like mine. I too love to drive my cars, by driving, I mean "enthusiastically". Seems as though I struck a nerve and that was not my intention, sorry. I see your point about the American guys although I'm not American and have owned (still do) Japanese cars with good power, not 500hp fast but fast enough to leave it's fair % at the lights and on bends.

Back to topic. I think Intruder works, not being a smart arse here but the engine is intruding the roots of the other car. Again, don't take it to heart but that's what came to mind straight away. It also sounds like some kind of robot and with the tech gadgets you'll have it will go well.

Peace.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009 - 08:49:00 PM »
Does it have to have a name?  I dont like to name vehicles, get too attatched.  They are just pieces of iron. 

I'd think of something different.   :clueless:

And a TT small block or big block wouldnt cost nearly as much of what a TT Hemi would cost.  A TT 5.7 Hemi would put out crazy HP, and not cost so much, either. 

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009 - 08:57:01 PM »
I think anyone should be able to do anything they want to their cars. Its not like your putting a Pinto engine into it or anything. Violater seems more appropriate to me. "To break in on or disturb rudely" Seems like 1200hp worth of import engine would do just.  :burnout:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009 - 11:09:49 PM »
First,  :useless:

Second, call it Fugu...a deadly, Japanese blow FISH.  1200 HP = Deadly.  Blow = Turbos.  Fish = Self explanitory.

Too much of a reach?
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009 - 11:17:45 PM »
Thanks, what I don't like is when some people are quick to throw word "rice" around,to me "rice" is something tasteless,quickly thrown together with cheap off the shelf parts,"grocery list" on side of the car ,"Vtech" on a Ford or "GT-R" on a Cavalier or Neon,colorful neon floormats,gold orchrome door edge trim wrapped around every body panel,stick-on vents,unpainted body kits,e.t.c. that's what I consider "rice", when a car is well built with alot of character,clean lines with no tacky junk with many one off made parts would be very far from rice, as I also said before, I build cars with my own ideas,not a copy of someone's car,I like to be original,sure I may stir up some hate from purists,but I don't mind the hate as long as they don't call it rice or something out of retarded  Tokyo Drift flick,there will be alot of  fabrication in every department,not just some import motor thrown in a Cuda,plus it's not like I'm ruining a numbers matching high dollar Hemi car,it's just a little 318 auto  :bigsmile:  

Fair enough, I too am into custom cars, Batram, stealth Jeep, Madeline which is "just another resto mod" but that's all good, that's your opinion, like mine. I too love to drive my cars, by driving, I mean "enthusiastically". Seems as though I struck a nerve and that was not my intention, sorry. I see your point about the American guys although I'm not American and have owned (still do) Japanese cars with good power, not 500hp fast but fast enough to leave it's fair % at the lights and on bends.

Back to topic. I think Intruder works, not being a smart arse here but the engine is intruding the roots of the other car. Again, don't take it to heart but that's what came to mind straight away. It also sounds like some kind of robot and with the tech gadgets you'll have it will go well.

Peace.

Stefan B

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009 - 11:26:05 PM »
Agreed that the term "rice" has become a pretty tense word in the car world.  I do find it ironic to see the two of you having it out on this post.  After seeing examples of both of your cars, I think you got the full gamet of dream car covered in every possible direction.

I envy Carlwalski on the purist efforts he's created and you for the leading edge stuff you're doing.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009 - 12:12:11 AM »
not crazy about it but it's yours so go for it.as for a name.......birachell (2 breeds in a racing shell),sumocuda.yea they corny but .........intruder just reminds me of that movie about the military jet that crashed.