Author Topic: Attaching TA Hood Trim to TA Hood  (Read 879 times)

Offline challengermaniac

Attaching TA Hood Trim to TA Hood
« on: January 31, 2009 - 01:30:41 AM »
Hey guys,

I just picked up a repro TA Hood Trim piece along with a used TA Hood (believe it's an older repro), and now I need to figure out how the trim piece connects to the hood!  What hardware does it take, and if the hardware is specifically manufactured for this purpose, where can I get it?

Thanks, Charlie
70 Challenger (TA Project Replica)

Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Alaskan_TA

Re: Attaching TA Hood Trim to TA Hood
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009 - 01:48:45 PM »
The T/A hood uses the same trim as the 1970 steel hoods, but the mounting studs are longer. Tom at R/T Specialties has them.

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009 - 08:34:04 PM »
Alaskan_TA,

Now that I have my fiberglass TA Hood, I find that my original steel hood chrome molding piece will fit just fine along with the stock mounting hardware (just as you noted).  I am going to return the aftermarket piece. 

Thank you,

Charlie

ps: I have read that with the fiberglass TA Hood, I should either remove my stock hood springs or replace them with softer ones.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009 - 09:00:22 PM »
Someone is reproducing the T/A springs, but I do not remember who?

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009 - 09:39:28 PM »
Alaskan_TA,

Now that I have my fiberglass TA Hood, I find that my original steel hood chrome molding piece will fit just fine along with the stock mounting hardware (just as you noted).  I am going to return the aftermarket piece. 

Thank you,

Charlie

ps: I have read that with the fiberglass TA Hood, I should either remove my stock hood springs or replace them with softer ones.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have light weight springs on my TA hood.... can buy the same oness at lowes...