Author Topic: Here one for you Carl  (Read 810 times)

Offline Confederate Cuda

Here one for you Carl
« on: January 31, 2009 - 09:40:28 AM »
I went to see AC DC last night and I must say it was one of the best concerts ever. Sorry for the quality of the pic but it was from my phone.  :ylsuper: :aussie:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Here one for you Carl
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:04:56 AM »
Thats so awesome!   Can I ask what you had to give for tickets?  And were you zoomed in on your phone?  You dont seem terribly far away.  But you still have your hearing though.   :rofl:

They were up here a few weeks ago for their second time in the last two months.  I'd like to go to one someday.   :ylsuper:

Offline PlumCrazyRTSE

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:37:38 AM »
I remember the first time I saw AC/DC in concert, they were the warm up band for Ted Nugent.  That was over thirty years ago.  :faint:

...they've been one of my favorite bands ever since.  :2thumbs:
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FC7 Plum Crazy Purple
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FE5 Bright Red

nivvy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:50:16 AM »
isnt ac/dc a cover band now since its not the original players... kinda like van hagar er um i mean van halen 

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:05:25 AM »
Thats so awesome!   Can I ask what you had to give for tickets?  And were you zoomed in on your phone?  You dont seem terribly far away.  But you still have your hearing though.   :rofl:

They were up here a few weeks ago for their second time in the last two months.  I'd like to go to one someday.   :ylsuper:
You should go for sure. I did not have the zoom on at all. We had great seats as they were in a suite that the company I work for owns.

isnt ac/dc a cover band now since its not the original players... kinda like van hagar er um i mean van halen 
They are not a cover band and I guess I am not sure what you mean by not the orginal players as Angus and Malcom Young were founding memebers and are still playing with them. The lead singer is Brian Johnson who has been with the band since 1980. Bon Scott was the lead singer from 1974-1979. These guys are getting old but I must say that Angus can still play and was a wild man for 2 hours.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009 - 01:42:48 PM »
cool  :ylsuper:   nothing beats a band like that in concert  :clapping:

Angus lives here in the netherlands, about 30 min drive from me.... he lives in a small town where he built this huge house a few years ago... other residents had the feeling the house was about half the size of the town... :bigsmile: :faint:
*** Bart ***

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009 - 12:15:36 AM »
I think I've seen them 8 times . . . many years ago.   :bigsmile:

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009 - 01:45:06 PM »
I saw them on the 'Blow Up Your Video' tour. Thunderstruck was a highlight of that show :ylsuper:

Sounds like you had a great time CC :2thumbs:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009 - 04:05:53 PM »

Thanks for posting them pics mate, can't beat TRUE Rock 'n Roll. :ylsuper: These days they class anyone as "rock stars" like bloody Fall Out Boy and all that other fairy stuff LOL. Too each their own but sheesh, the least the muppets who present shows could do is label them correctly. From Chuck Berry  to AC/DC is what Rock 'n Roll is all about. Like most true fans I prefer the older stuff, but to see them live is something I really want to do. They are coming to New Zealand in 2010 and I will be there 100%.

:cheers:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

nivvy

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009 - 04:45:06 PM »
ACDC rocks..... carl you should have a greatest ACDC song ever poll  :cooldancing: