Author Topic: calender  (Read 2140 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
calender
« on: May 30, 2004 - 10:47:23 PM »
I saw on another site, they had a calender that showed all the holidays, everyones birthday and special events! (like car shows)  Could be handy!!   ;)

lemonboy69

Re:calender
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004 - 12:58:52 PM »

Did some searching around... something like that would require a whole new forum software package... most likely one that costs $$$... I've kinda been thinking that we should start a CC.com server fund... so, if we decided to upgrade to something like that... the money would be there...  ::) Any ideas??

LB

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004 - 01:17:08 PM »
If you were to charge a fee, it would have to be set something like:  As soon as you become a jr member $10.00 or something??  You would have to target the members who comes around alot and not a newbie that only posts 3 times. . . Maybe then we could get a map that shows where everyone is located!  Just a thought!  ::)

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004 - 05:40:59 PM »
im not interested in taking donations for 2 reasons.  first, the server we reside on is a full blown professional server that is more then capable of handling a board this size and much much longer.  we are here for free, no money out of my pocket.  second, the forum software is also free, no money out of my pocket.  this latest version has been a disappointment to me, but they have released a beta version of a ground up redesign of the software.  ive been tempted, and may still upgrade us to the beta, but at worst case, there will be brand new fresh forum software ready to go within a month or two.  

since nothing more then a little time is spent by me to keep us going, i dont want or need money from the members.  the only thing ive ever considered spending money on is a new professional look, which hopefully is in the works now for a reasonable price.

as for the calender, sit tight on that for a few weeks while i decide what is going on with this new software.  i dont want to mess with our current one if im gonna totally change it in a week.

lemonboy69

Re: calender
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004 - 12:33:16 AM »

Tons of changes already tonight Ross... gonna keep it?? I kinda like it!!

LB