Author Topic: Woman has octuplets! Discuss.  (Read 3545 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Woman has octuplets! Discuss.
« on: January 31, 2009 - 06:55:38 PM »
Single woman has 6 kids and lives w/ her parents. Decides she wants eight more and has invitrofertilization. So now single mom with 14 kids lives with parents. Is it now time to start putting in applications to have kids?

Let's discuss.

Offline farmertan

Re: Woman has octuplets! Discuss.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009 - 07:14:53 PM »
a farmer near me has 14 kids, no problem there good people work there butts off. let people have as many as they want i think  at 9 your basicly tax exempt, until.......... they hold out there hand and say give me something for nothing tax payers ie gov. wic,welfare,etc then i get ticked off and they should be forced to have there tubes tied.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009 - 07:24:06 PM »
My Dad was 1 of 12. Grandma was 1 of 16. They were farmers, they raised thier own food and worked hard.

This case however is an un-employed woman since 7 years ago, lives off her parents, and used God who knows' money for the procedure (probably the state of California). No wonder that state is in the crapper with things like this.

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009 - 07:29:45 PM »
the more kids she has the bigger her govt check.she probably also hopes oprah will have her on and give her a new bigg house,van clothes and everything necessary to provide for them.oh and her 18yrs of fame.
personally i feel she is a irresponsible B.the doctor that implanted her as well as the clinic should have their licensing removed.dhs should take all of her kids and adopt them out.her parents ....well no comment about them other than they dropped the ball BIG TIME.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009 - 07:39:25 PM »
I have no problem with the idea of large families, when people go about it as nature intended  :bigsmile: and don't ask society to support them.  In fact, if a couple brings a child into the world that has disabilities, I don't mind the idea that we as a society can help ease their burden by providing care and programs to increase the quality of life for that child and that family.  

However, in this case, I'm outraged at the lack of responsibility shown by the woman, to bring all these children into the world using an artificial process, when octuplets usually involves months of intensive care to nurse them to viability and the increased likelihood that.  To do so when she already had six children is the height of irresponsibility in my opinion.  Actually, maybe not the absolute height.  That belongs to the doctor who performed the procedure.  I read a quote from a Las Vegas fertility doctor in today's paper: "Who am I to decide if someone should or shouldn't have children?"  Well, Doc, you're the guy implanting the embryos.  I look at this akin to the way I view smoking:  If you want to smoke, go ahead.  So long as it doesn't bother me, feel free to kill yourself in the best way you see fit.  Just don't ask me to buy them for you; I'm not going to be a party to helping you kill yourself.  In this case, there's a viable need for fertility doctors, but there comes a point where you draw a line and say "I'm not going beyond this."
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009 - 09:50:04 PM »
my parents had 12 kids and never took a dime from our government but this womans messed up and should be charged with child endangerment ,she cant even keep an eye on all of those kids .that said im glad the kids are healthy and didnt end up on a hook .c

wagesofsin

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009 - 09:56:05 PM »
have a child... need help, ok
have another, dont quite have it together, need some assistance...ok
have a third, need help...naaaaa

and more to boot?!!!! slam it in a door !!!

just my personal opinion

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:13:20 PM »
Shoulda' tied her tubes after #1.

I had to pass a test and pay an annual fee to drive a car, but anybody can breed unchecked. It wouldn't matter if SHE was paying the hospital bills and MY taxes didn't go to her litter of ****. Why is it that the more kids you have, which is a bigger burden on society, the LESS taxes you pay? Bass ackwards.

I know......way more than 2 cents from me this time.

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009 - 10:48:00 PM »
I say we make a few states work states no one can get sh!t for free and you have to show proff of work to visit.
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009 - 12:25:15 AM »
a farmer near me has 14 kids, no problem there good people work there butts off. let people have as many as they want i think  at 9 your basicly tax exempt, until.......... they hold out there hand and say give me something for nothing tax payers ie gov. wic,welfare,etc then i get ticked off and they should be forced to have there tubes tied.
:iagree:

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009 - 06:53:36 AM »
I support all the kids in my area whether on welfare or not.I pay $7000 a year in property taxes of which a major % goes to fund the school system.We have no kids but the couple next door with the identical house (hypothecially) has 8 kids and pays the exact same property tax but gets a huge federal tax break.Something not fair about that as I`m paying for thier kids to get an education!  :villagers:

As far as that woman goes she should never have had that done knowing she could not support or take care of them-just total stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009 - 06:56:12 AM by torredcuda »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009 - 07:07:44 AM »
I'm sure she thinks she'll just live off public assistance the rest of her life, but what about her poor parents? Having all of that under their roof to deal with.   :22yikes: This woman is a real piece of work.   :stomp:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009 - 07:13:51 AM »
 That belongs to the doctor who performed the procedure.  I read a quote from a Las Vegas fertility doctor in today's paper: "Who am I to decide if someone should or shouldn't have children?"  Well, Doc, you're the guy implanting the embryos.  I look at this akin to the way I view smoking:  If you want to smoke, go ahead.  So long as it doesn't bother me, feel free to kill yourself in the best way you see fit.  Just don't ask me to buy them for you; I'm not going to be a party to helping you kill yourself.  In this case, there's a viable need for fertility doctors, but there comes a point where you draw a line and say "I'm not going beyond this."

Whatever happened to doctors ethics?If I am a little whacked and ask this doctor to cut off my arm just b/c I want him to he will do it without asking questions?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009 - 10:31:55 AM »
I support all the kids in my area whether on welfare or not.I pay $7000 a year in property taxes of which a major % goes to fund the school system.We have no kids but the couple next door with the identical house (hypothecially) has 8 kids and pays the exact same property tax but gets a huge federal tax break.Something not fair about that as I`m paying for thier kids to get an education!  :villagers:

As far as that woman goes she should never have had that done knowing she could not support or take care of them-just total stupidity.

You're supporting little anchor babies too. An anchor baby is a kid by illegal immigrants kids who are born on US soil to ensure them a legal status.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009 - 11:00:07 AM »

You're supporting little anchor babies too. An anchor baby is a kid by illegal immigrants kids who are born on US soil to ensure them a legal status.

We all are, how can they be legal when their parent is here ILLEGALLY.  Take that loophole away and send 'em all home.

Tom

The tax thing is tough since any lifelong renter with kids never directly pays enough taxes towards their kids education.  True they pay rent(unless on assistance) and a portion goes to the re taxes, but maybe 50-100/mo compared to my 700+/mo.  Sickening for sure.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009 - 11:59:30 AM by 72challorange »
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear