Author Topic: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
« on: January 31, 2009 - 11:08:24 PM »
I gotta work.  Who's watchin it?

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:11:09 PM »
I just shoved a brisket into the oven for a slow overnight cook @ 200 degrees. Going to go over to a friends house tomorrow where a few couples and their families are getting together. I have watched the SuperBowl at home for years so this will be different.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:20:58 PM »
Not for me they are showing it from 1am to 5 am but I am  not going.  Guess what we get afn next week.  Just my luck.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:33:03 PM »
Don't forget to pick up your free 3D glasses at any supermarket. They're for the commercial at half time.
MONSTERS VS. ALIENS.

I have the Chili on the slow cooker going. Shelby's of course.  :stirpot:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009 - 11:54:55 PM »
I always work on super bowl sunday so i can go to indy ,fair trade off.c

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009 - 12:12:47 AM »
I'm going bowling . . . there will be TV's there though . . .  :naughty:

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009 - 01:26:00 AM »
I'm not working and will be watching it with a bunch of friends.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline duodec

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009 - 02:50:00 AM »
I used to watch the games and care about the outcomes (and I still get a happy nostalgic twinge for the Steelers, who were my team back then) but the strike (which did it for baseball too) and more recent thug-ifying of most pro sports just killed it.  Screw'em.  Overpaid, overcommercialized pablum.  I'd rather go out and do my own thing, thanks, so I'm working on getting a real workbench built in the garage for the heavy stuff.  I can see the commercials, if there are any good ones, on youtube later; they'll be the most entertaining part of the thing.

Its a good time to stock up on soda and some freezer food at a good price, and visit the new mega-Menards that opened this past week for workbench parts.  Should be nice and quiet.

nivvy

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009 - 05:39:55 AM »
cardinals are gonna win.....

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009 - 09:49:34 AM »
I'll be out in the barn listening for the first half, we usually get in in time for the second half. 

Those 3D glasses you can use for "Chuck" on NBC Monday night.  Its a full length 3D episode!   :cooldancing: :bigshades:

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009 - 09:59:18 AM »
its party time .......I like the Steelers, but it wouldn't kill me if the Crdinals won. I like Curt Warner, everyone discarded him like the rest of the Cardinals team, but I think Steelers D will kill him...RIP Curt :dogpile:

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009 - 10:50:09 AM »
being a diehard Browns fan,, I cannot begin to tell you how much I despise Twittsburgh.

Prediction... Cards in an upset!! 

Furberger sacked in Superbowl record amount of times

The 'flyin Hawiaan' for my lack of being able to spell Palamalou ...or say it for that matter
will suffer lower back injury while flying up infront of somebody to grab a ball and get
hammered from behind.

Hines ward will be reduced to ketchup as he gets slammed on several near catch situations.

:stirpot: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009 - 10:55:03 AM »
I'll probably be watching cartoons tonight with my little girl. Momma has to work so I've got kid duty. I 'll try to sneak in a few minutes.

I'm a Chargers fan so I don't really care but I think the Steelers D is going to own the night.

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009 - 02:31:08 PM »
I used to watch the games and care about the outcomes (and I still get a happy nostalgic twinge for the Steelers, who were my team back then) but the strike (which did it for baseball too) and more recent thug-ifying of most pro sports just killed it.  Screw'em.  Overpaid, overcommercialized pablum.  I'd rather go out and do my own thing, thanks, so I'm working on getting a real workbench built in the garage for the heavy stuff.  I can see the commercials, if there are any good ones, on youtube later; they'll be the most entertaining part of the thing.
I agree totally ,we have jerry jones nuff said
Its a good time to stock up on soda and some freezer food at a good price, and visit the new mega-Menards that opened this past week for workbench parts.  Should be nice and quiet.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009 - 03:11:29 PM »
being a diehard Browns fan,, I cannot begin to tell you how much I despise Twittsburgh.

Prediction... Cards in an upset!! 

Furberger sacked in Superbowl record amount of times

The 'flyin Hawiaan' for my lack of being able to spell Palamalou ...or say it for that matter
will suffer lower back injury while flying up infront of somebody to grab a ball and get
hammered from behind.

Hines ward will be reduced to ketchup as he gets slammed on several near catch situations.

:stirpot: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

I suspect losing twice by a combined 41-6 score to Pitt this year, with similar yearly results as far back as I can remember might have something to do with how you feel? Maybe the Browns (and Bangals) fans should blame thier teams owners and management for squandering so many high draft picks on bad players instead of just wishing ill will on a division opponent??  :clueless: ME, I would have cheered on the Ravens if they beat Pitt in the AFC title game, but that's just because they play the same way the Steelers do. I can't say that about the other teams in their division. They just make excuses year after year and decade after decade for losing.  :blah:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!