Author Topic: Penstar Productions  (Read 6404 times)

Offline mickey

Penstar Productions
« on: February 02, 2009 - 02:06:45 PM »
HI folks, no place here for this topic, but a will vent to those who will listen.. i purchase some items from penstar productions december 3rd over $300.00 and still to this date no parts,   im from :canada: they did have troubles at customs , so they told me, and order was sent back to them and was supposed to have been sent out again to me, i called them many time, most times all i get from these people is a answering machine, got through twice  they said they would check it out....there are alot of companys out there to which we spend our hard earned money on our compasion for our cars,, most are good and im hopeing this company will come threw,, but were do i stand if i don't recieve my parts,,, there is a spot for companys to advertise there products on this site which is a good thing,,but do we know if they are good or bad to deal with, my question??? if we had a spot for our members to post which companys to look out for, maybe would be helpful to those buying parts when rebuilding our cars..again i will mention the companys name PENSTAR PRODUCTIONS I DON'T WANT TO BAD MOUTH AND WILL GIVE TIME CONSIDERING i'am from canada but i had many parts mailed to me in less then two weeks... december 3rd to feb 1st.. still no parts...worst thing about this, is  penstar not answering or returning  my phone calls i leave my name , phone number,date time of day and still they will not return to my calls.  thxs

Offline pink panther

• Resident
Re: Penstar Productions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009 - 02:08:41 PM »
sorry to hear you are having problems, most times someone on here will ask if anyone has dealt with a certain company before they purchase anything from them, to get feed back to decide who to buy from.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009 - 03:26:22 PM »
Onefornow, Chryco, and I all met him at Carlisle and we all bought parts from them then.
He seemed to be a straight shooter no BS to us I felt dealing with.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009 - 05:30:38 PM »
Bummer to have problems and they won`t contact you.If you paid with a credit card dispute the charges with the cc co.,that usually gets a response!
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 500Stroker

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009 - 06:47:26 PM »
Do you mean Penstar Reproductions?  http://www.penstar.net/

I have heard of many others having probems with them in the past.  They are about 5 minutes from my house.  If you keep getting a run around and need me to stop by let me know.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009 - 02:01:51 AM »
Onefornow, Chryco, and I all met him at Carlisle and we all bought parts from them then.
He seemed to be a straight shooter no BS to us I felt dealing with.
Actually if I remember correctly I had a list of parts to buy & I pulled out the list & asked about a few items , he asked what else was on the list & promised to get everything for me on firday  ....  :2thumbs: 1 stop shopping ,he told me to give him a few hours & come back ..... cool now I have the rest of the weekend off to spend with the members here & actually enjoy the show well sunday morning he still didn`t have my stuff togther so I raced around sunday morning locating everything I needed as they were closing up . Not a good experience at alll , I never bought a thing from him .

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009 - 02:11:05 AM »
So he fell thru on you. wow I didn't know about him doing this.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009 - 12:05:04 PM »
Anybody remember the owners name?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009 - 12:54:21 PM »
I have never had a worse experience with a company. Penstar Reproductions.  :bricks1:

those Twin douchebags can sell BS all day long, maybe you will get the parts in a couple months but dont expect any customer service. Dont bother asking them to stand behind their products either. I had to eat a drivers door handle than wouldnt lock due to production design.

Never, Never, Never will I support them. there are too many other REAL companies out there.  :villagers:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009 - 12:56:15 PM by wally426ci »
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline mickey

Re: Penstar Reproductions
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009 - 11:53:30 PM »
Still no parts, still no response. i took your advice torredcuda sent them and email saying if they didn't respond i would dispute the charges, tryed to fax the same email by fax won't respond either. in email i noted the many mopar sites and forums and to the effect word spreads fast.
500stroker may have to take you up on your offer. if i don't get anywere with dispute the charges. i'll give till the end of this week for my items to arrive not holding my breath though. And yes it Penstar Reproductions. Thanks for the responce members cudachallenger.com rocks.

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009 - 04:46:53 PM »
Should have asked the question here first. I had issues with them similar to yours about 3 years ago. Make a long story short, I had to file a dispute before they would answer my phone calls. Needless to say, he then called and asked what he could do to correct the problem which he blamed on an employee with problems at home, I then said nothing as I already have my money back from the CC company. I will never use them again, they rank right up there with Jim's auto parts.   :2cents:
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline mickey

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009 - 12:33:23 PM »
 Low and Behold, i recieved one item out off the three today, maybe there is still hope. :2thumbs: never deal with Penstar Reproduction again, still no responce by email/fax/phone..

Offline ja20

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009 - 11:04:55 AM »
       I dealt with Penstar  once, and it will be only once. They don't have any idea as to what they are doing. It took about a month to get my order from them. I had ordered about ten item's. Waited a week nothing, made a phone call got a haft ass answer, some thing to do with shipping. I live in the same state as their warehouse. Well two days later haft of my order shows up. Another phone call another haft ass answer, week later some more items show up still not all here. Well another call, this time not so friendly. The following week the rest show up, as I said dealt with once, only once.   Thanks John     

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009 - 11:36:43 AM »
I requested a board like what you mentioned along time ago and it got shot down. Liabilities and legalities etc etc. Hottrodders.com went through a lawsuit with a company when a post was made about their credibility in some way. I don't recall the details but the company sued the website claiming deformation of character and so on. My request for a board like what your requesting was for good input as well as bad.
i guess we have to go through the good old technique of asking before buying. I hope this turns out well for you. Good Luck.

Offline 500Stroker

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009 - 08:59:02 PM »
Penstar just joined Moparts cause a friend of his told him he was being "whipped like a bad dog".  So far all his replies are poor excuses.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5067163&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1&nt=3