Author Topic: AMD bumpers  (Read 4651 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
AMD bumpers
« on: February 02, 2009 - 05:56:46 PM »
What kind of quality are the AMD bumpers? I am about to pull the trigger on a set for my car with the parts buy in but I just want to make sure they are good. I am not looking for show winning chrome, just nice quality that will last without peeling/flaking. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Brett
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
Re: AMD bumpers
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009 - 07:07:02 PM »
fronts are good, the rears they are retooling due to a crown in the center and they are not flat across. 279.00 per bumper. I have the fronts just depends on your year. This applies to the challenger bumpers.
cuda bumpers are fine.
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline mopardave

• Sponsor
  • Resident
  • 1973 Challenger F8 in and out, 68 383,727 3.23 pos
    • rosevillemoparts
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009 - 06:28:03 PM »
Brett. I talked to my goodmark rep today and he said that there rear bars are nice. IF you want to I can send you the AMD front and the Goodmark REAR. No return issues if you dont like them.

let me know thanks David
Mopar Dave
Rosevillemoparts.com

if I haven't replied to your post or PM email me direct    dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

70 FK5 Challenger RT/SE
70 FC7 70 Road Runner - Sold
71 FM3 Challenger RT
71 Cuda (in process for restoration)
73 F8 Challenger
1990 XJ - sold
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
2010 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd - sold
2015 Ram Crew Cab 2500 4wd Black Out

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009 - 07:08:35 PM »
I have an AMD front bumper on my 74 Challenger. Looks good. I have no problem with it. I did however not like the shipping package. It could have been better wrapped for shipping. It had a brown paper overwrap and was shoved into a cardboard box. Maybe they've improved on packaging!!                                                             Matt B.
Matt

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009 - 07:26:23 PM »
Brett. I talked to my goodmark rep today and he said that there rear bars are nice. IF you want to I can send you the AMD front and the Goodmark REAR. No return issues if you dont like them.

let me know thanks David

Hey David, will the chrome match on both of the different makes of bumpers? How is the Goodmark front? I dont care if they are a little lighter and I dont care if the interior reinforcement shell matches up, that was always one of the things that I would lose really quick anyway. I just want to make sure they look the same. Thanks David and thank you Matt for giving some insight   :2thumbs:
*Brett*

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009 - 07:36:50 PM »
I have an AMD front bumper on my 74 Challenger. Looks good. I have no problem with it. I did however not like the shipping package. It could have been better wrapped for shipping. It had a brown paper overwrap and was shoved into a cardboard box. Maybe they've improved on packaging!!                                                             Matt B.

Could you post some close up pictures of the bumper so we can get an idea of the quality of the plating?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009 - 08:56:49 PM »
We are expecting a great weekend, warm and up near 65 on Sunday. I am expecting to roll the car out of the garage & wash, so I'll try and get some closeups of the front bumper then!! I still need to shift the alignment about 1/8 inch to the passenger side! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009 - 08:56:13 AM »
 :popcorn:

man, wish I could get mine out. my driveway never gets sunlight, so hopefully the 58* mark will melt it quick!!
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009 - 06:11:46 PM »
OK,
Here's some pics of my new AMD bumper. Hope they're OK. It's not too good a camera. I installed it about 6 months ago. The rubber bumperettes are old/original. Like I mentioned before, I still need to center (left to right) the bumper. I am very pleased and think it looks great. Definitely a HUGE improvement over the old faded original one!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009 - 06:13:35 PM »
I keep forgetting you're in Virginia.. nice pics, thanks!  :wave:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009 - 07:07:23 PM »
Those look good to me   :2thumbs:  I have lots to do for a while anyway so I might just wait on AMD to bring their rear bumper back onto the market before I buy a pair. Thanks for the pics.
*Brett*

Offline 71ChallengerSE

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009 - 07:37:29 PM »
We are expecting a great weekend, warm and up near 65 on Sunday. I am expecting to roll the car out of the garage & wash, so I'll try and get some closeups of the front bumper then!! I still need to shift the alignment about 1/8 inch to the passenger side! :2thumbs:

Matt B.

The weather sure was great today, I pulled the cover off my car for the first time in months and did some more planning on how to do some repairs, I wish I had a paint job to wash :biggrin:
That new bumper looks really good :2thumbs:

Offline duodec

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009 - 08:21:57 PM »
Are the AMDs lighter than factory bumpers, like the earlier repros?  Or are they made to original specs?

Thanks!

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009 - 10:30:25 PM »
I didn't weigh my on a scale, but out of curiosity did a rough comparison by feel and they really did seem to be about the same weight. It fit well and to me looked like a great match to the original. This was the front bumper only. i don't know anything about the quality or fit of the rear!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009 - 11:08:53 PM »
Where did you buy the AMD front from?  Looks pretty good to me, I've been thinking about getting one, my front is not too good.

Thx