Author Topic: Rallye Dash Harnesses - the differences from year to year?  (Read 935 times)

Offline chaps70rt

• 70 Challenger R/T Hardtop in Progress (Canada)
Rallye Dash Harnesses - the differences from year to year?
« on: February 03, 2009 - 07:38:00 AM »
I am in the process of retrofitting a rallye dash harness from what appears to be 72-74.   My car is a 70, my colored schematic is 1970 R/T with the rallye dash features.   Does anyone know what wiring was changed from the first year to the 72-74 era?   I am having trouble connecting the time delay relay, and the heating A/C, everything else seems to be the same (under the dash).

Thanks .... CHAPS70RT
White 1970 Challenger R/T
440 - 4BBL - Shaker
Daily Driver - 2014 Dodge RAM 1500
Stouffville, Ontario Canada

Offline 71 DEPUTY

• IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT--RAM IT!
    • Cardomain
Re: Rallye Dash Harnesses - the differences from year to year?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009 - 08:31:57 AM »
Far as I know from 72and up ralleys should be same-tach, gauages, clock, ac, etc. ( can't see any changes to the ac. part! )

differences would be for the seat belt system- 70 was different- but just don't worry about it- I have a 72 ralley dash in mine- only I used the seat belt light on the side- had a lens made up to say " LINE LOCK ON " and used it for the line lock indicator.

the delay timer was a acc. add on- not part of the main harness- there is connections for it.  Acc. diagrams will show it.

Offline chaps70rt

• 70 Challenger R/T Hardtop in Progress (Canada)
Re: Rallye Dash Harnesses - the differences from year to year?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009 - 11:15:56 PM »
Yes, I agree with your comments.  The time delay feature is not integral for the present time.   I will sort that out later.    Just trying to get it ready to install and get most main features working without too much headache while getting the motor fired up.

Thanks .... CHAPS
White 1970 Challenger R/T
440 - 4BBL - Shaker
Daily Driver - 2014 Dodge RAM 1500
Stouffville, Ontario Canada