Author Topic: 1970 ALL NUMBERS MATCHING U CODE FOUR SPEED DANA TRACK PACK CHALLENGER! RARE!  (Read 3933 times)

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
I know guys, I'm awful. I have kinda shyed away from the forums this past year as things have been some what out of hand. So for that I apologize. If any of you need anything at all, just give me a call. I know some of you have called over the last year with certain things and I hope I was able to help you out. What I have is a Challenger that we are currently finishing up but where we are at is kind of an odd position. We are some what at odds on which direction to finish this car. This car has been fully documented and authenticated by Gaylen Govier. It has its original fender and vin tag. It has all of its original equipment (even the original divots for the vin tag) but most of it needs redone. We have all new materials for it and quite obviously it would make this Challenger worth far more if all of the original equipment was redone but by doing that, it takes out of the realm of being able to sell it. So we are thinking that perhaps someone might be interested in finishing this car themselves? It is an original 47k mile car that we have put quite of time and energy in to. If someone was interested in taking it like it sits, we are asking 45k. If someone wanted us to complete it and was willing to foot the rest of the bill, options could be evaluated and we could get it completed. Here are full photos of the Challenger:

http://mmbrokers.com/newcars/1970UChallenger/1970UChallenger.htm

Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns you might have.

Thanks,
Shawn
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009 - 01:56:33 AM by shawnmid »
FastMetalToys.com

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
its only worth that completely finished... just my opinion...  :dunno:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline brianz426

:iagree:^
Nice car nice options good luck with the sale

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
Thanks! Wally, I some what agree but I also believe that this is one of the few collectible Challengers you will find in the market place. I mean it is loaded with everything someone would want and you know as well as I do, it isnt cheap to have these things built so I suppose it will just come down to that specific buyer. I do appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline gomangoRT/SE

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
I do agree but I still gotta try. It seems we may end up holding on to this one for a while. Mango, you're not the same guy who had the 70 Mango RT Challenger that was just up on eBay are you? The four speed U code car?
FastMetalToys.com

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
Ok so what do you guys think about 40k? Everything included to complete this car. All of the heavy work is out of the way. The motor, transmission, both are rebuilt, paint and body work are completed.. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline DAYTONA

...I've seen a couple of 6-Pack Challengers advertised for just a little more and they were finished .... doubt they sold, not much moving now

...looks to be a nice car, hope you well in your sale

Offline Purple73Cuda

Shawn,
Nice car. Good luck with the sale.
The font on the fender tag doesn't look right to me. Is the tag a replacement tag?

John
John
'73 Cuda 340
'70 RR 440+6
'66 Charger 383

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Shawn the fun part is assembly!! go for it!  :swaying:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
Re: 1970 ALL NUMBERS MATCHING U CODE FOUR SPEED DANA TRACK PACK CHALLENGER! RARE!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009 - 06:40:36 PM »
Haha we are currently putting it back together. All of the interior is now in the car. The fender tag is the original fender tag. It is a little bent up on one side but it is the original that came with the car. Thanks for the feedback guys. I do appreciate it.
FastMetalToys.com

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
Re: 1970 ALL NUMBERS MATCHING U CODE FOUR SPEED DANA TRACK PACK CHALLENGER! RARE!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009 - 07:43:00 AM »
Shawn,
Nice car. Good luck with the sale.
The font on the fender tag doesn't look right to me. Is the tag a replacement tag?

John

John,

Los Angeles built cars had a different font as the Hamtramck cars. Barry W. could probably tell us which/when. Maybe I'll start a thread on it.

Just my opinion, but Gay Len's blessing only takes away from the value of the car.

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009 - 07:25:22 PM »
That would be awesome. I'd definitely appreciate it.

Thank you,
Shawn
FastMetalToys.com

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009 - 08:34:27 PM »
Barry says L.A. used TWO stamping machines at the same time, so either font is cool. Apparently, it's totally random, too. No date cutoff or anything weird.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Purple73Cuda

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009 - 07:32:31 AM »
quapman,
I didn't realize that they used different fonts. I assumed that things such as the font on body tags would be standardized.
Starting a thread on the subject would be great IMO.
John
John
'73 Cuda 340
'70 RR 440+6
'66 Charger 383