Author Topic: Small block engine performance and 8.75 parts for sale!  (Read 1094 times)

Offline quagmire

• Traction Impaired......
Small block engine performance and 8.75 parts for sale!
« on: February 14, 2009 - 03:11:38 PM »
Okay, I have a bunch of parts all NEW unless stated otherwise that have been collecting dust for long enough.  I want to get rid of them to make some room and additional funds for my EFI conversion coming up.  I'll also open to offers too, especially since I don't know what some of these are worth.  All parts are located in the Chicagoland area.  Local pick up or shipping through UPS for all parts, prices DO NOT include shipping.  Cash for local pick up and Paypal for other works too.  Any questions or anything just PM or email me at dmod1974@aol.com, this is also my Paypal addy.  Thanks guys!

Powermaster high amp 1 wire alternator -  Puts out 50 amps at idle, 89 at cruise.  I will install a single groove pulley when it gets sold.  This was on my car for maybe 100 miles before I put in a bigger one I had sitting around.  Works perfectly.  Can be converted to external regulator by removing onboard reg. if wanted.  $100 obo

Factory style tapered roller axle bearing kit - Includes bearings, races, collars, and outer grease seals. $75obo

Small Block stock volume Melling M72 oil pumps (2) - Both brand new, I have no idea why I ordered two of these and the HV installed.  ??? $15 each

Clevite CB481P-10 rod bearings for small block -  .010" under, full set of 8  $25

Clevite .020" undersize main bearing set for small block - $30

90* right angle oil filter adapter kit - This is used, but in good shape and includes new seals - $100

Universal polished stainless steel battery tray kit - $10

ARP RB engine square drive damper bolt - This was listed incorrectly for a small block, apparently it is for RB and Hemi motors - $10 SOLD

Edelbrock Performer RPM valve springs, hardened retainers, and stock locks for stock style small block heads and valve set up - $85 for all

Factory 1974 Challenger front seat belts - These are definitely used, and a little dirty.  One of the retractors that bolt under the rear side panels has a cracked plastic cover.  I'm sure it could be fixed, but it isnt visible installed and should'nt affect operation either way.  I installed XV belts since I dont care for originality or the too quick to lock up factory belts.  $60 for the pair
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009 - 04:35:02 PM by quagmire »

Offline quagmire

Re: Misc. performance parts for sale!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009 - 03:13:41 PM »
More Pics

Offline fiddlestix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009 - 04:24:50 PM »
Hi, I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I would like to buy the ARP crank bolt. How much would it be shipped to zip 45822 Ohio? Thanks

Offline quagmire

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009 - 04:53:02 PM »
Sorry about that, I cleared them now.  Because this is so small, it's a lot cheaper to go through USPS.  It'd be less than $5 shipping that way for Priority Mail shipping in a package, so about $15 total.  The ARP part number is 145-2503, it is listed for all Chrysler engines but apparently is only for big blocks.  I found out the hard way.  The thread size is 3/4" and has 1 1/2" long underhead length.  I'm not sure what engine you have, but as long as your bolt is that size you'll be good to go.  Let me know!

Offline fiddlestix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009 - 05:14:41 PM »
I sent you a PM. Please PM me with an answer and your paypal address. Thanks again

Offline quagmire

Re: Small block engine performance and 8.75 parts for sale!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009 - 04:37:07 PM »
Crank bolt is sold, if anybody else needs any of this feel free to make offers.  None of the listed prices are set in stone.  I really need to get rid of these things before I spend any more money on the car!  :faint:

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009 - 05:05:05 PM »
Does that alternator bolt right in to a 70 small block or do I have to modify soemthing?

Offline quagmire

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009 - 05:14:26 PM »
It uses the stock case design, so it should fit just fine.  It fit my car perfectly too.  It's also one wire alternator, which means all you have to hook up is the big charge wire.  If you want to run an external regulator all you have to do is disconnect the regulator mounted on the side of the case.  You can see it in the pics.  If anyone buys it and wants it to use the stock regulator, I can change it over for them since I will most likely have to swap on the one groove pulley it came with.  Unless of course someone is running serpentine belts then they can use the pulley on it now.  Either way I can set it up for them. 

Offline rallye73

• Model cars for the big boys!!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009 - 12:57:03 AM »
I would be interested in the bearing set for the 8 3/4. What brand are the bearings?
John Moorman
1971 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed (waiting it's turn)
1973 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed (undergoing full resto)
2003 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 turbo daily driver-been as fast as 11.97et
1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5 speed Nitro-yellow-green (one of 527 built)

Offline quagmire

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009 - 01:18:31 AM »
They are NTN bearings, they came in the installation kit I bought for my rear end I set up about 4 years ago.  I ended up getting Moser axles with Green bearings before I knew anything about their durability problems.  And of course I chucked the stock axles and adjuster before learning that too.  Oh well, live and learn.