Author Topic: repop cuda headlight bezels 1970  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Bills70

repop cuda headlight bezels 1970
« on: February 14, 2009 - 06:57:39 PM »
I was surfing PG classics website today and found that they are repoping 1970 headlight bezels for the cuda for $325.00 a pair !! I have a challenger so I don't know if that is kind of pricey or not but I figured I would post it for you cuda people in case you were interested!! I know 70 challenger stuff is difficult to find so I figured maybe 70 cuda stuff was the same way!!  Do a google search for PG classics and they will come up sorry I can't remember their web address! here is the picture I copied off their site!!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: repop cuda headlight bezels 1970
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009 - 07:02:58 PM »
The single biggest factor in me never finishing my 70 'Cuda was the fact that I could not find even a piece of a 70 grill. My car was missing the grille and headlight bezels and I looked for probably a couple of years and could not find anything. The ratio of Barracudas to Challengers would amaze people around here. No 70's, no 71's and only a couple of project cars of the 72-74 variety to be found. Very nice that they are making these hard to find pieces for our cars now. Of course back in 86 I only paid 900 for the whole car.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009 - 08:15:03 PM »
finding all the frnt parts at a decent price is hard. i've been searching for 6 months, and so far i still need all of the park lamp pieces, the right headlight bezel and it's trim. patience is key. so far i'm 130.00 out of pocket for a grill, headlight bezel and it's corresponding trim. but those parts all required repair and paint.
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009 - 09:35:57 PM »
I've heard that PG Classics and BE&A Parts are working on a 71 grille assembly that will be injection molded just like the originals. That means that they will fit correctly and not distort in the heat.
I'll need to buy at least one for a backup for my two 71's. Many of these parts will only be offered for a short period of time.
I'm repeating myself when I say that if you need these parts for your project, you might want to go ahead and get them and store them away. That's what I've been doing lately. I have rooms full of repro parts for all of my project cars.
I'm glad I got all of my nameplates while they were still being repopped. Don't know if they will ever be available again. Anyone tried to buy any lately?
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009 - 08:12:05 AM »
I couldn't get $200 for near perfect originals,so why would you pay $325 for repops?
Also the latest word on the 71 grille being repoped is a no go.

Offline Bills70

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009 - 09:27:17 PM »
finding all the frnt parts at a decent price is hard. i've been searching for 6 months, and so far i still need all of the park lamp pieces, the right headlight bezel and it's trim. patience is key. so far i'm 130.00 out of pocket for a grill, headlight bezel and it's corresponding trim. but those parts all required repair and paint.

I think I saw those on there too so you might check them out! those too might be a little pricey but if you need them you need them! I am in the process of restoring my challenger and you want to talk about pricey!! :pullinghair:   :22yikes: