Author Topic: Man, do I hate this lawn mower  (Read 1590 times)

Offline priderocks

Man, do I hate this lawn mower
« on: February 19, 2009 - 04:24:46 PM »
OK, so I know a lot of you guys can't even see your grass right now, but one of the downsides to living in ca is that you have to cut your grass pretty much year around. Or, at least I would cut it if I could start the%#*&^%^$ lawnmower. You see, it's one of these mowers that gets it's feelings hurt if it isn't started at least every two weeks. Man, I hate this thing. It's a 5.5 horse Honda. Last time I took the carb off, degummed it, and it started. I'm done screwing around with this thing. The lawn mower shop charges me $75 to fix it. So, I think I will go to Lowes, buy the absolute cheapest mower they have, keep it until it won't start, then throw it away and get a new one. Unless you guys have a recommendation on a good mower. Man, I hate this thing. I've come to the conclusion I'm allergic to internal combustion engines, cause every time they won't start my blood pressure goes up, I start sweating, and words I reserve for the government start coming out of my mouth. Have I mentioned how much I hate this damn thing?

Offline farmertan

Re: Man, do I hate this lawn mower
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009 - 04:40:51 PM »
its kinda too late. all the save the planet wierdos in california have already forced the big oil companies into special formulated cleaner burning fuel, that doesnt store a third of what it used too. best thing you could do is grass roots get rid of carb, 9th circus court,and any other lib that even mentions green anything. good luck other wise plan on buying new every 6 months.and yes its snowing again up here you lucky dog.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009 - 05:02:08 PM »
I've got a Honda gas weed eater with a mind of it's own, but maybe it's the newer stuff that's screwed up?? :dunno: I've got a Honda chainsaw that's over 25 years old and starts everytime & has never given me a bit of trouble. I feel your pain. I HATE mowing the lawn and end up cutting it enough living down south in Virginia. I've always had pretty much luck with anything in the way of a small engine if it's a Briggs & Stratton. They make good reliable dependable small engines.

Matt B.
Matt

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009 - 05:11:06 PM »
Buy a toro, they guarantee they start on second pull or they repair or replace it from what I hear, my toro has never not started but it's only 2 yrs old so cant vouch for the guarantee, good luck.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009 - 05:35:14 PM »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009 - 05:40:46 PM »
I have a "Yardman" that I bought for like $100 6 years ago. It sits in the yard uncovered all winter in the rain and snow and always starts right up the next year. I changed the blade once.  :bigsmile:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 - 06:40:05 PM »
 :pullinghair: cutting grass....i still ave the  :swear: snow blower out up here in the northwoods, minnesota that is.have my drive way still has 2 inches of solid ice on it.snowed here last night again,about a 1/2 inch.can't wait to cut the grass again.  :lol:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline Canadian Cuda

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009 - 06:45:05 PM »
i have a toro thats older then me.(17) and sure, it may burn oil, and is loud as hell but it will always start and cut the grass. :burnout:
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009 - 06:47:07 PM »
 :bigsmile:

*** Bart ***

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009 - 07:27:48 PM »
:bigsmile:

Hey aren't those Carlwalski's lil buddies? 
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009 - 07:33:49 PM »

Hey aren't those Carlwalski's lil buddies? 

His Kids  :rofl:

Here he is on a date

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009 - 07:39:56 PM by Bullitt- »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009 - 10:18:51 PM »
I bought the cheapest Crapsman they had about 10 years ago for $99 and I have never done anything to it, not even change the oil. I go out , pull it out of the shed, put fuel in it, prime and start it, mow the grass and put it away until next time. It is still going strong. :woo:

Don't bash me guys. :bricks1:  I don't neglect anything else like my mower. :bigsmile:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009 - 12:42:02 AM »
Man, you have time to mow the lawn?  With all this weekend rain we've had the past couple of weeks, my lawn is beginning to look like tall grass prairie.  I hope it stays sunny through Saturday...
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009 - 01:04:13 AM »
I guess I am good and lucky now my girlfriend loves to cut the grass and that is real good for me.  She even has a good riding mower that she uses so I let her rid it and cut the grass while I do other things around the house or on the cars. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009 - 07:06:49 AM »
Concrete the yard, and paint it green. Problem solved :bigsmile:
Chris, Ohio