Author Topic: mobile oil change  (Read 488 times)

Offline somedaysoon

mobile oil change
« on: February 20, 2009 - 08:44:56 AM »
  Anybody have personal experience or no of someone who has tried successfully or unsuccessfully to start one of these businesses. I'm kicking it around. All input is appreciated. Thanks Pete

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
Re: mobile oil change
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009 - 09:38:04 AM »
I have not heard of any, but my experience with the "mobile" businesses that have popped up is that every time I think how impractical it is and who would do this, they take off like crazy. I think the idea is sound. My gut tells me that the more densely populated areas would be better, but again I always seem to have it backwards. Good luck whatever you do. :cheers:
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009 - 10:05:51 AM »
As bad as the economy is, this could actually be a pretty good time to get into it.  Everything I have read is that people are keeping their older cars, which means more maintenance.  As much as the dealerships charge for a simple oil change, I imagine more and more people are going to go to the quick change type places.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009 - 08:26:12 PM »
There's a guy in my area that does the mobile oil change thing along with some other minor maintenance stuff like tranny fluid/filter change and some minor tune-up stuff like air filters, wiper blades, bulb replacement, plugs, wires. I've heard he keeps pretty busy. I live in Virginia and State inspection is required yearly. Folks need a quick fixup to pass inspection such as wiper blades, headlights ect. He's found a niche and done well from what I've heard. kinda like how the lawn care service exploded about ten years ago. Back then there were only a handful of lawn care companies, now there's two on every block. I'd say it sounds like a GREAT idea!! Go for it!! Not much overhead but a toolbox!! :2thumbs:

Matt B.

Matt