political posts?

Author Topic: political posts?  (Read 5206 times)

Offline hemi71

• Resident
political posts?
« on: February 25, 2009 - 11:52:14 PM »
What happened to the 2 posts about the stimulus package and gun control? Seems as soon as things get a little heated, the post gets killed.

Personally, I'd like to see all political posts banned from here, when i first joined this site those type posts where never on here. Lately, they seem to be more and more prevalent. Lets keep this site about Mopars. If you want to post about politics, there are plenty of places on the net to get your jollies.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: political posts?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009 - 11:55:40 PM »
I agree. I'd rather not even know how uninformed and misguided some of my friends here are.  :poopoke:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009 - 06:43:56 AM »
What happened to the 2 posts about the stimulus package and gun control? Seems as soon as things get a little heated, the post gets killed.

Personally, I'd like to see all political posts banned from here, when i first joined this site those type posts where never on here. Lately, they seem to be more and more prevalent. Lets keep this site about Mopars. If you want to post about politics, there are plenty of places on the net to get your jollies.

A couple more posts removed, because people were speaking their minds?........you don't say  :dogpile:

Although I DO understand where you are coming from hemi, this IS the "off topic" section.
 Personally I do not discuss politics, or religion for example, so what do I do when I see a thread about these?.........I don't participate......I move on to a post that does interest me. Simple as that. It's worked for me since day one on ANY forum/message board, and I've never had an issue with that.
 Though It's not my gig, I do feel that ANYONE, (except uthustler  :lol2: ) has the right to speak their mind. It's a right we all deserve........if not abused of course.
 For the most part we are all "intelligent" folks here........a few exceptions  :rofl:  J/K

I don't feel it's fair to someone to just delete something they would like to discuss. If nobody else wanted to talk about it the post would simply die, but apparently that is not the case, as others here do wan't to participate in the discussion, whether they are for or against the issue  :thumbsup:

If we start putting limits on this, I see no end in sight.
What are we going to call this section?
Off topic.........EXCEPT POLITICS....RELIGION.....CUDA, CHALLENGER DEBATES......WEATHER FORECASTS........PET NAMES..........MOON LANDINGS.........ALIENS............PEOPLE FROM GUAM.........JIM MORRISON........DECATHLONS............ARTIFICIAL BREAST ENHANCEMENT......ETC.....ETC.....

I think,(hope) you see the big picture here.
Thank you for listening, even if you don't agree with me.
Cheers all  :cheers:
                                    Jeff

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009 - 07:33:09 AM »
I took the "Big Money Blunders" down because it was my thread and the OP of "Liberals are coming to take our guns" took his down.

We both felt that they had just become too much. A political discussion should not be banned from here, I believe in ALL of the rights our Founders laid down fo us but those threads had outlived thier usefulness. They were not devoloping past what they did. They were turning into mudslinging. We are not going to change anyones mind here.

I for one have become a political poster and have not posted as much about cars or my life related to cars. I would like to get back to that because I am happiest talking about Mopars on c-c.com

If anyone else would like to continue the discussion then feel free to start up another political thread. Count me out. The Mods did not take down ay threads.

I do not want to alienate or feel something about another member here due to politics.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009 - 07:38:30 AM »
I do not think this is the right place for political discussions.

Our cars are what we should talk about and not one way or another of thinking.

I would not say I am liberal or conservitive.  I know I am not extreem either way.  As for as who is president I believe we should get behind that person and support where we can. 

We have a brother hood here with our cars and we should not use anything to drive a wedge in between members like either religon or politics can do. 

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009 - 08:02:23 AM »
go-fish, how do you remove a thread, I have one on that was a repeat of what somebody already posted and cant seem to figure out how to remove it.
They were not developing past what they did. They were turning into mudslinging. We are not going to change anyones mind here.
I agree but on the same note I learn things from them, they make me look at the dark side  :poopoke: of the way people see the same events in history.  :smilielol:  I do have a habit of posting something I don't believe or know to be fact just to get somebody's blood boiling lol, and I should refrain from that. I think even when we disagree we are forced to research our own beliefs and there's some good in it all.  :cheers: 

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009 - 08:08:12 AM »
Personally,  I don't see a problem with political posts.  Keep them in off topic and don't participate if you can't handle it.  I don't think turning someone else's non-politics post into one is acceptable tho.  As for me, my skin isn't all that thin, call me anything you want.  I'll even give you a cigar if you think up one I haven't heard.
 :cheers:

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009 - 09:06:50 AM »
I wish there were no more political posts or posts or a controversial nature here.  It would sure make life simpler on this forum.  The missing threads were getting over the line and would have been locked anyway.  We shouldn't have to put up with folks bashing each others country and such as that.  If you have an opinion that is contrary to another members opinion, please keep your comments on the subject at hand and do not make personal comments.  Take your differences to PM's or other forms of communication, not on the open forum. Glad to see the OP let everyone know what happened to the threads...  Thanks.    :2thumbs:   

PLEASE take a moment and reread the forum rules that are permanently posted in the NEWB section.  The next to last paragraph -- "Is The Forum Moderated"? section clearly explains the C-C.Com policy concerning political threads.  There have been more and more political/controversial threads in recent months.  Let's all do our part and keep the site car related and return to the basics that makes this site the best on the net...    :cheers:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=17741.0

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009 - 09:12:28 AM by Oldschool »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009 - 09:36:47 AM »
The 'guns' post was probably taken down because one member here called another a derogatory name and I called him on it. There's no need to name names, and hopefully it won't happen again.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline lumpy

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009 - 09:58:03 AM »
I really enjoy them. I don't think that the subject matter is that important. Remember the recent cuda-challenger debat/poll? Who would have thought that would have escalated to the point that it did, but that was sure entertaining!!! For those of you who missed it, it is lost forever, never to be veiwed again, deledted by it's original poster. Most of us that argue politics don't mean to offend anyone, so I guess if you are easily offended then maybe you just shouldn't read it or post in it.

I know some of you visit dodgecharger.com, and they have banned all political posts, but I think we have a more easy going group here. I think if you start banning certain topics, then you will loose members, so as long as we avoid the name calling and personal attacks I don't see any reason to ban them.

hemi71, You have posted some of the longest and most thought provoking posts in some of the political/debate threads. Why would you want to see them banned? :dunno:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009 - 10:21:02 AM »

As for me, my skin isn't all that thin, call me anything you want.  I'll even give you a cigar if you think up one I haven't heard.
 :cheers:

P.G.

You're a rangi ru-ru. (Rang-E, Roo, roo) cheap bastard. :lol: You have my address. ;D
One of the following will suffice, Del Mundo, Saint Luis Rey or a ripe Vegas Robaina please.

:wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009 - 10:36:03 AM »
You're a rangi ru-ru. (Rang-E, Roo, roo) cheap bastard. :lol: You have my address. ;D
One of the following will suffice, Del Mundo, Saint Luis Rey or a ripe Vegas Robaina please.

:wave:

:roflsmiley:    :roflsmiley:    :roflsmiley:    :roflsmiley: 

Give that man a SeeGar....     :smilielol:     :nzflag:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009 - 11:04:17 AM »
 :iagree:
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009 - 11:06:35 AM »
I am glad to see I am not the only one that sees that the political issues can make someone really hot and get out of control really easy.

I thought we here to talk cars and for the most part we can all get along about that.  That too can get out of control. 

We all have bad days and good days.  Sometimes things dont bother you at all then others the least little thing will make you snap.

I Love E Bodies.  I have my preferences but love them both.  I love A bodies as well some more than others.  The 1964 Barracuda will always have a place in my heart because it was the first car I really drove the most and had it for several years.

Think about what I said and I think you will see a lot of truth in it. 

Lets keep our forum about Cars and Cars only. 

Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009 - 11:52:10 AM »
I noticed yesterday the thread I posted in was deleted right after my post....I really never meant anything by it, I was not bashing anothers country, I was just trying to get my head around the topic....I guess I shouldn't have posted on a topic i'm not really interested in or have an opinion one way or the other....sorry guys, my bad.  Everyone seems to have a different opinion of gun laws, and I have no opinion nor know the laws good enough to make a comment.    :crazy:

BTW, I have a terrible problem with coming off the wrong way when I type..lol, I get told that all the time by my girlfriend.  Dang internet. 

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005