political posts?

Author Topic: political posts?  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: political posts?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009 - 01:28:31 AM »
OK
This is my take on it , I have no problem with political posts as long as they stay civil , I sometimes post in them too as I like to keep up with what affects my world .
 As a Moderator I have a choice -
  I can eliminate all politcal posts & upset some people by not allowing a discussion on relatively important happenings in our lives as politics affects everyone , this will make some people happy .
  On the other hand we can moderate a political post & allow it to remain & make sure it stays constructive & informative without becoming abusive , this will upset others & make some people happy here so it is a no WIN for me
 The Best solution I can see is to have everyone be a moderator here , if you contribute to a thread you already know what will get the thread locked & deleted so don`t post it , just keep it informative & constructive , on the other hand if you do not like or want political posts here Don`t open the thread & read it !! I have not read a LOT of threads on the site !! At this point this seems to be the best solution or we go back to one of the extremes & make some Upset & others Happy
Any Better suggestions  :1zhelp:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009 - 01:41:07 AM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009 - 01:40:12 AM »
You've obviously confused me with someone that cares what you think of me.  :2thumbs:

I have no illusuions of what you care about...it's obvious all you care about is yourself and your own opinions...as usual you turn a meaningful post into a pissing contest. just like i predicted in my earlier posts.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009 - 01:45:37 AM »
Good points

Now how do I get 8 pistons un stuck so as to not put deep scratches in the bores of an engine I want to build.

I would break the pistons

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009 - 07:10:35 AM »
Now, now fellas  :nono:
There is a LOT of great opinions in this thread, (especially mine  :swaying:  :lol2: J/K)
So I beg of you two to stay on the high side of discretion.
 Lets not set a perfect example here of why some poltical posts get locked in the first place.
 Differences of opinion are a way of life.  :wave:
Some of what I read in this post left me bewildered, and totally confused  :clueless:
It's a great example of the thought processes at work here.
Contradictions/hostility/respect/though provoking/taken out of context etc....
 I've thrown my jabs here and there on this site many a time, but I do beleive this is a fine thread that shows we all can be on different pages when certian issues come to the surface, and I feel this is a great challenge on how to find a happy medium for ALL OF US.

We just had a huge meeting at work about the hostilty going on amongst a few techs, (myself and another).
I stood up and said,"we all deal with issues in different ways, there is nothing really set in stone. Some of us here have strong minded personalities, and some of us also have stubborn personalities, myself incuded, but we'll deal with it in our own way, and at the end of the day we'll shake hands, and go for beers together"
I think that can pertain to this site also.
(I quote myself.......what an arrogant pr!ck I am  :swaying:  :roflsmiley: )
 Cheers all  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009 - 10:01:04 AM »

Keith, you got my cigar yet?  :dunno: :icon16:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline lumpy

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009 - 01:48:16 PM »
What does what you have posted have to do with the topic at hand???  Cant you just leave your political opinions on the side and post something that leaves politics out of it? This post is not about the stimulus package, or what your political beliefs are, or what past or present presidents policies are.

You have 2 posts on this topic, both of which have NO positive input to the topic of my post.

So since you are so into respect, where is your respect for my opinions? Your first post was a poorly vailed attempt to demean my political beliefs, now you go off on your political agenda again when everybody else who has posted has put their politics aside to try and reach some common ground.

You are entitled to your opinions, but to constantly steer every thread to your agenda is getting OLD.

So this is not a thread about politics? Hey man, it's your thread so I guess you can make all the rules. :2thumbs:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2009 - 02:26:49 PM »
So this is not a thread about politics? Hey man, it's your thread so I guess you can make all the rules. :2thumbs:

I think this was a thread "about" political posts in general, not political topics like a few that have come up in this thread.   :thumbsup:

Times are tough guys...everyone has stonger opinions now then probably ever before. Everyone is in tune what is going on with the economy and with a new president and all, there are lots of topics that are gonna come up, and people are definately gonna have differences in opinions.  When things were good and everyone was happy, we never had a lot of political posts like we've been seeing on the board lately.  In a time like this some people like to come here and enjoy the time here, and read about stuff that intrests them, not fight with people you have grown to know on here over the last few years. Nothing worse then watching the stock market channel....then coming over here to hash it out with internet buddies instead of reading about cars and positive things going on in members lives.   :crazy:

I think i'm just gonna stick to reading things i'm interested in, and not get involved in threads that usually end up escalating to a heated debate.    :woo:

:drama:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2009 - 02:27:51 PM »
This belongs in the joke section because I've been laughing my ass off.
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009 - 02:56:00 PM »
At least nobody jumped into this thread and tried to claim Challengers are better than Cudas!!
 :poopoke:

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009 - 03:11:00 PM »
At least nobody jumped into this thread and tried to claim Challengers are better than Cudas!!
 :poopoke:

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

no need to state the obvious. J/K :roflsmiley:
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009 - 03:12:53 PM »
no need to state the obvious. J/K :roflsmiley:

That's right. It goes without saying :bigsmile:   'CUDA

Vote for me :wavingflag:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009 - 03:20:53 PM »
That's right. It goes without saying :bigsmile:   Challenger

Vote for me :wavingflag:

:iagree:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline lumpy

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2009 - 03:34:59 PM »
Everybody knows that Challengers kick the snot out of 'Cudas. There is just no need to debate that any further. :smilielol:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2009 - 04:00:57 PM »
Everybody knows that Challengers kick the snot out of 'Cudas. There is just no need to debate that any further. :smilielol:

:iagree:    :bigsmile:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline farmertan

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2009 - 04:09:46 PM »
i think political threads can be fun but if they get out of hand than someone should jump in and start the cuda vs challenger debate and sure enough 2 pages later everybody forgot what they were arguing about. and its a historicaly documented, without a doubt,everybody knows,undebatible fact that cudas are better. :stirpot:
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett