found a bunch of cars but....................

Author Topic: found a bunch of cars but....................  (Read 4988 times)

Offline wiiildcat

found a bunch of cars but....................
« on: March 02, 2009 - 05:47:18 AM »
 :useless:
Thats because I know it's coming lol.

So here's the deal, a house foreclosed a couple miles from me. Th person that bought it is flipping it. Ok so I pull the tax records to see what he paid for it because it's kinda like my dream home, more on that later. The house has a detached 4 bay garage, with 2 old camaros sitting beside it, along with a nice 1 car trailer.

This makes me wonder what might be in the garage, I anywho the new owner get his number and call him to see if the trailer is for sale. Turns out that the last owner abandoned everything. I ask the guy is anything in the garage he said some old cars. My heart starts pounding and I ask what he is going to do with them, he tells me make and offer cause he needs them out asap, and any offer had to include all contents of garage and that I will clean it out to move in ready. So far so good.

I go over and the house has 2 car garage thats where we go first. In that garage is a 1995 Z28 with, get this 5600 miles. Car is loaded and still smells new, but its a 95 GM lol.

So out to the big Garage we go and in this garage is the mother load of GM (dang it). But sorry I like GM's lol. This garage is so full we cant hardly move around in it. heres a short version of the cars,

1980 camaro, 35k miles
1993 Z71 step bed truck, 1300 miles
now the better kinda stuff,

1970.5 396 m21 4sp camaro, 1 of 601 made
1969 no X code camaro RS big block 4 sp, motor and tranny on pallet beside car.
1969 Olympic gold z-28, needs resto X33 car
BEST OF BUNCH 1968 RS/Z28 all original, paint interior,engine,trans rear, BLACK , console and gauges.  :clapping:
1967 RS camaro, red white strip auto console 327, with ac realllllly nice car.
1965 Pontiac GTO, 389 non tri power (bummer) red, white bucket 4sp, from the local pontiac dealer, all original and paint is niceeeeeee, with 28k miles and a 1969 registration.
more tools and boxes, and parts, memorabilia than I can even begin to store,

Here is the deal, I have to make this guy his words; a one time offer, if he likes it I get it all, if it's to low I get to watch him open the doors and let others come and make offer. He wants to make it move in ready as quickly as possible, heres my problem, Titles????? how do I get them if I get all this?

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Re: found a bunch of cars but....................
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009 - 06:27:31 AM »
That sounds like a good find for GM cars.  I think you could go to the like where you get your Titles at in your state and apply for either lost titles or something like that.  DMV or what ever it is called in your state.  Hope this helps.  Gordon
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009 - 06:33:58 AM »
but the titles will be last owner's name not mine then I have titles to someone elses cars lol. I need to title them In my name some how.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009 - 07:13:48 AM »
Try to get them for an abandened left cars.  See if you can do that. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009 - 08:08:24 AM »
Man, sounds like the last owner got the shaft to lose his house and his cars  :walkaway:  On the other hand it does sound like a potential big score for someone.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71 DEPUTY

• IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT--RAM IT!
    • Cardomain
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009 - 08:13:39 AM »
I would findout from this guy who the lawyer was via the bank- they are the ones who musta did the closing if all that was left- but now is owned by the new owner- need a paper trail of why you need to change over the titles at the dmv- if all is legit - they should with the paper trail allow you to title them!!!!!

gotta do it the legal way!!!

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009 - 09:25:03 AM »
Buy the cars now and figure out the rest later. Someone will buy it from under you. Those cars are worth alot with out a title.

Offline farmertan

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009 - 09:48:36 AM »
make him an offer on the house and he has to throw in all the cars and stuff. win win for both of you :woohoo:
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009 - 09:50:04 AM »
make him an offer on the house and he has to throw in all the cars and stuff. win win for both of you :woohoo:

:iagree:  I think that would be easiest.

Good luck bro!  I hope this works out for you.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009 - 10:07:22 AM »
I would throw an offer of 25 or 30 K at him for the whole kitten kaboodle. 
That would make him happy and you get gargaes contents and cars!

That is a smokin deal!!

Good Luck!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009 - 10:08:42 AM »
well I met the original owner, he has until 7pm tonight to move the cars, we got 8inchs of snow last night, so he's sol. I asked him if he wanted to sell anything and pretty much got thia info,

The 65 GTO was his dads, he bought it new so that's off the list,

I asked about the 68 RS/Z28 he said hell no, so that's off list, I asked about the 67 RS he said his daughter loves that car so it's off list. Then the last one I would want only because my wife had 1 when we got married and I sold it, still haven t heard the end of that lol, was the 95 Z28, get this, hasn't been tagged since 03, but you ready? His girlfriend likes that car so its not for sale.
      He did offer to sell me the 69 Z28 that needs total restoration,rusted floors, quarters; wrong motor tranny and rear for 18k. gee thanks alot. So I asked if he had anyway to move the cars, he asked me if I had a trailer lol.

So I offered to help him move the cars because I kind of feel sorry for him and hate to see somebody lose their house and everything else in their life. He said he will let me know!

I guess he would rather lose them. When asked where we could store them he said a field 10 miles from here. HE WOULD LET THEM ROT OUTSIDE BEFORE SELLING THEM. I hope he doesn't call me and cant move them. Then I'm going to offer the new owner a fair amount minus what I think the GTO is worth,since that was his dad's, then offer to give him the GTO back for title and keys to the other cars. Does that sound greedy???

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009 - 10:33:28 AM »
That sounds like a plan, hope it all works out!  :thumbsup:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009 - 10:34:38 AM »
In all seriousness this guys issues are not yours and you owe him nothing. 

That being said it would be super cool of you to do something like that for the titles if he even has them and you end up with these cars.  It was very cool of you to offer to help this guy as well.  But I think this guy is just lost bro.  Sounds like he is unorganized and just floating if that makes any sence?   I think that no matter what, this guy is on his way out of the picture and you should concentrate your efforts on the new owner.  Good luck bro   :2thumbs:

Don 
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009 - 10:47:01 AM »
In all seriousness this guys issues are not yours and you owe him nothing. 

That being said it would be super cool of you to do something like that for the titles if he even has them and you end up with these cars.  It was very cool of you to offer to help this guy as well.  But I think this guy is just lost bro.  Sounds like he is unorganized and just floating if that makes any sence?   I think that no matter what, this guy is on his way out of the picture and you should concentrate your efforts on the new owner.  Good luck bro   :2thumbs:

Don
Thanks for the comment, but I'm no saint lol, I would just hate to be in his position, whether it's by his own doing or not. The GTO would mean more to me in his position than the car is worth I would think. I would only do that if I get a good enough deal on the package, If I got to pay retail on the contents then I'm in no financial situation to gave him the GTO back if that makes sense.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009 - 11:54:48 AM »
Sounds like a plan.  Probably no way he is going to get the cars moved. 
Go after those Camaro's.  They are worth good money. 
I would at least do the deal with the GTO.  Considering it was his dad's car new, I would think it worth more than the true value.  But then, I am a little sentimental. 
Good luck, sounds like you might be into some cars. Be careful if you get all the cars as the original owner might try to pull a quick one on you for the titles. Make sure you have appropriate paperwork when you purchase the cars without the titles.  It would suck to pay the current owner money for them and try to get the titles from the past owner and have him call the cops or something saying that you stole them.  Make sure you protect your butt on this one.  Sounds like the guy is a little out there.   

Got any pictures yet???   :useless:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee