found a bunch of cars but....................

Author Topic: found a bunch of cars but....................  (Read 4991 times)

Offline lumpy

Re: found a bunch of cars but....................
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009 - 12:46:10 PM »
I'm wondering why he didn't sale the cars to save his house? :dunno:

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009 - 02:54:25 PM »
I'm wondering why he didn't sale the cars to save his house? :dunno:

Scott i am thinking just like you on this one, something is wrong with this situation and they are keeping this info from wiiilcat, not sell the car or cars to save his home, nope, there is something wrong here.

wiiilcat - dig deeper, something is not right, be carefull and good luck, I would try to get them too if I were you.....
good luck and keep us posted.....

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009 - 03:16:13 PM »
The guy is an idiot-no wonder he is lost his home. Go there with the new owner at midnight and buy, buy, buy

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009 - 03:18:43 PM »
Man, as tempting as this sounds, I think I would have to walk away.  The guy obviously has no intention of selling anything that's worth a darn, and he went as far as losing his house but not selling the cars, so at a minimum you're not going to get anything for dirt cheap.  I think your best bet, though, would be to let the foreclosure go through (or however he's losing his house), then keep in touch with the new owner.  When he gets the paperwork from the bank, hopefully it will include the contents of the garage and what is on the property.  I just have no idea how it works if the new owner of the property does not have the titles, but technically owns the cars now?  :dunno:  I certainly wouldn't exchange any money until you get good answers to all your questions.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009 - 05:00:52 PM »
I agree with most of the advice here..........something is sketchy, and there is too many what if's at this point.
I would not make a move till you have some solid answers to ALL the questions going on right now......titles etc........
You don't want nothing to come back and bite you in the ass  :thumbsup:

NOW..........if there were Cudas/Darts/Challengers/Dusters/Chargers etc. involved I would sell my first born, go over there IMMEDIATELY, buy everything in site and worry about the consequences later   :bigsmile:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009 - 06:13:54 PM »
Still haven't got a call to help him move them. The house is already lost to him, it foreclosed in December. The guy I was dealing with is the person that bought it at auction. I went over to see what the status was, and that's when I met the former owner that owns the cars. He was there but wasn't making any effort to move the cars, that's when he told me he was given until today to get the cars off the property.
   Why would you lose your house when you have something like the cars to sell for money is beyond me. But that is what he did so Im kind of wondering if he's all there in the head.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009 - 06:31:53 PM »
I'm confused as to why the previous owner was there in the first place? Was he just there to inquire about his cars??

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline wiiildcat

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009 - 06:47:36 PM »
    Just got off phone with the new owner, here's the story;

He bought the property at auction in Dec. 2008. The owner was not leaving, so he did the court thing and the Sheriff was sent to evict. The time allotted passed and the guy was gone.
      He left everything, household furnishings, clothes, everything. Then I call the buyer and inquire about the trailer and find out about the cars. He lets me see them and tells me to make my offer, well since then the Original owner contacts and ask if he can get his stuff. The new guy tells him he can if it is gone in 72 hours. The guy just wants to flip the house.
    So since Friday the old guy hasn't moved squat and I find him just hanging out over there. I went over there because I left the new guy a voice mail and got no reply, so I wanted to see if somebody else might have got to the cars first.
     The new owner didn't call me because he didn't know what would be left after the 72 hours window was given.
    Now I wait till he calls me and tells me to come get whats left.

In the voice of the late great Paul Harvey, thats the rest of the story.

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009 - 07:25:28 PM »
The house-flipper probably wants the stuff out FAST, so offer a little more or maybe even double scrap price, but make it CASH.

Maybe you can work out buying the titles from the bonehead methcrackfreak who lost his house. If not, you might be able to put mechanic's liens on all of them.

This is a precarious situation at best, but there's a lot of cool stuff there and you're in the right place at the right time!

Good Luck, Grasshopper.

Steve
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009 - 08:13:20 PM »
Wow, that's a crazy story. Let us know as soon as you find something out. If you get some cool Camaro, that would be awesome. Good luck man!
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009 - 08:21:34 PM »
This is a precarious situation at best, but there's a lot of cool stuff there and you're in the right place at the right time!

:iagree:

The bad thing is, is he put you in a bad spot telling you to name a price or he is going to let you watch others come in and cart it off ect...

Now who is to say that this guy is not toying with your emotions???  I think you should rengage the new owner and get a feel for his time line on when he wants all that stuff cars/tool/stuff??? gone, and maybe a price range on the package?  I mean you know what he paid for the house so you know what he has invested....  you know or have a good idea what those cars are worth so maybe approach it like that.  The you've made your money angle or what have you.

I really think the answer is in his hands and you right now are at his mercy.  Good luck go back and talk to the new owner again maybe find out if he is some type of car guy or not and if not move fast, ect.  You know the deal bro.  Good luck.

Don   
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline kmyles

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009 - 08:43:29 PM »
    Just got off phone with the new owner, here's the story;

He bought the property at auction in Dec. 2008. The owner was not leaving, so he did the court thing and the Sheriff was sent to evict. The time allotted passed and the guy was gone.
      He left everything, household furnishings, clothes, everything. Then I call the buyer and inquire about the trailer and find out about the cars. He lets me see them and tells me to make my offer, well since then the Original owner contacts and ask if he can get his stuff. The new guy tells him he can if it is gone in 72 hours. The guy just wants to flip the house.
    So since Friday the old guy hasn't moved squat and I find him just hanging out over there. I went over there because I left the new guy a voice mail and got no reply, so I wanted to see if somebody else might have got to the cars first.
     The new owner didn't call me because he didn't know what would be left after the 72 hours window was given.
    Now I wait till he calls me and tells me to come get whats left.

In the voice of the late great Paul Harvey, thats the rest of the story.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see where this one goes :bigsmile:

Good Luck :2thumbs:

:popcorn: :popcorn:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009 - 08:57:58 PM »
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see where this one goes :bigsmile:

Good Luck :2thumbs:

:popcorn: :popcorn: 

I am too... LOL!!!  I hope he gets this deal done!

Don

Offline lumpy

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009 - 09:02:46 PM »
So let's say you pay the new owner, and he lets you remove all of the cars and you put them safely away in storage far from the old owner. You still don't have titles to the cars, in fact the old owner still has titles and is rightfully the owner of the vehicles,right?
  You would need to file for abandon titles for all of the vehicles, in the mean time, the old owner reports them stolen or something? Sounds like a lot of BS. I would talk to a lawyer, or someone who knows the laws pertaining to property left on a foreclosed home, you don't want to be out 10's of thousands of $$.
  It sounds like the old owner is SOL, but you want to be sure that what you are wanting to do is 100 percent perfectly legal, IMO.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009 - 09:11:56 PM »
I would talk to a lawyer, or someone who knows the laws pertaining to property left on a foreclosed home, you don't want to be out 10's of thousands of $$.
  It sounds like the old owner is SOL, but you want to be sure that what you are wanting to do is 100 percent perfectly legal, IMO.

Good point!  Man that is good advice bro!!!   :2thumbs:

Don