Author Topic: Why does the car of the month get neglected all the time?  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Why does the car of the month get neglected all the time?
« on: March 05, 2009 - 10:48:57 PM »
Seems that with this being so simple, it could be handled better than the PM bull we go through all the time

Lets try to consider this as a thing we should do the last day of the month.  OR GET RID OF IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!!

People are proud of their cars and it makes a member proud to be on the cover.

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Re: Why does the car of the month get neglected all the time?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009 - 10:50:43 PM »
calm down.  a few days late isnt a big deal.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009 - 10:52:33 PM »

:bigsmile:   123456789 10    aaahhhhhh   im better

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009 - 08:27:19 AM »
Alan is just a trophy hunter :roflsmiley: :stirpot: :smilielol: :2thumbs:

I remember when he was a pin-up girl once........................... ::) :lol2:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009 - 09:23:23 PM »

I see your post count jumped up a ton....  :lol2:

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009 - 08:10:05 AM »
I never go to the home page and it's down in "The Classics", so I always forget about it entirely. Why not a link at the top of the forum like the chatroom?
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009 - 09:24:50 PM »

"Nice attitude" there Ross and you wonder why this forum is slipping? :-\

Sheesh. Al has done a lot for this forum and is one hell of a popular guy and contributes more than many people with his time, help and also his parts for sale and this is helpful "response" he gets from "Admin"?? A few days is no big deal but it's usually more than just 1-2 days, sometimes a week - every time. This amongst many other things has really left CCC in the dumps, needs a good clean up and some attention..........just not the same any more and until someone steps up, takes control and does something it will continue to lose long standing members and members in general.

Hopefully we can get a civilised response when these questions are asked. As the section is (apparently for us to speak out): "Dont let any little desire go unspoken. This board is designed to help you. Let me know how it could be improved."

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009 - 09:39:36 PM »
I could ignore the other stuff if I could just GET TO MY OLD POSTS.  It's been way more than a month now, but still no sign of a fix.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009 - 09:44:05 PM »
I could ignore the other stuff if I could just GET TO MY OLD POSTS.  It's been way more than a month now, but still no sign of a fix.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but when I click on your user name it takes me to your profile.  On the left menu there is a link -- "Show Posts".  I click that link and 28 pages of your posts appear in order of the most recent to the oldest.    :dunno:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009 - 10:58:12 PM »
Sorry but if this forum is slipping it can be directly attributed to people with attitudes like Moparal.  It gets old REAL fast.  NOBODY needs crap like that and I for one got sick of it a LONG time ago.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009 - 01:15:28 AM »
Sorry but if this forum is slipping it can be directly attributed to people with attitudes like Moparal.  It gets old REAL fast.  NOBODY needs crap like that and I for one got sick of it a LONG time ago.

Not sure I follow this post? :clueless: :dunno: He's just trying to get the forum back to where it used to be when Rev was here. This for many WAS a place to enjoy, you could make fun at someone (friendly) without seeing the thread locked or someone getting hurt feelings and packing a hissy fit. That was because we all knew everyone and got along. When normal forum issues aren't being addressed it gets frustrating. If anything, people like Mopar Al should be accused of being too concerned. If we don't speak up, nothing will be done, it's that simple.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009 - 05:25:57 AM »
If we don't speak up, nothing will be done, it's that simple.

well, I don`t want to be a sissy about this, and I know it`s all free and moderators do it in their spare time and all that  :blah:   but how many posts have been on here about the fact that some can`t send a PM?  and how many about not being able to see their last posts..? and I can`t get my avatar to look right either, but I won`t even mention that anymore...  :misbehaving:
The fact that I can`t send a pm and not being able to see my last posts is getting pretty annoying, and there never seems to be a serious response to it... this has been going on from the day we got a new server... so how long would that be...
as for the COTM... I agree with Alan, but it doesn`t pi$$ me off that much....
*** Bart ***

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009 - 09:14:56 AM »
Seems that with this being so simple, it could be handled better than the PM bull we go through all the time

Lets try to consider this as a thing we should do the last day of the month.  OR GET RID OF IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE CARE OF IT!!!!!

People are proud of their cars and it makes a member proud to be on the cover.

If THIS is civilized, then I'm changing civilizations.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009 - 10:48:38 AM »
I am not sure what folks expect to happen here.  Let me see if I have this correct:

There are problems in the technical/software side of things that affect at least the following.
      Some folks are having PM issues.
      Some folks are having trouble locating their previous posts
      Some folks are having avatar issues
      Probably more things, but that is a good start.

Admin and the Mods are keenly aware of these issues and have responded repeatedly.
There are several posts in several threads explaining that the Mods and Admin are aware and are seeking a fix for these issues. 
One more time I will explain it. There is a software issue and we are aware as well as the software folks. We are powerless to fix it until the software package is released by the software folks.  It seems that the problems only affect a small group of folks.  We hate it that there are issues that make the forum less enjoyable for some.  It is however, getting old the way a certain group of folks are continually trying to blame the Mods by calling them asleep, non-responding, inactive, etc.... you get the point. The issues we are having remain because --WE CAN'T FIX IT WITHOUT SUPPORT FROM THE SOFTWARE PEOPLE.  I have looked at several folks profile info that are having issues. Everything that can be seen by admin looks fine. They have all correct permissions etc. Trust me, if I could fix it with the tools available to me, it would have been taken care of long ago. So enough with the mod bashing please. 
Also, the forum rules clearly state that no political/religious threads be posted, yet they continue to pop up. It is in the rules.  We let them slide while watching for inappropriate language.  If we lock those threads, WE are labeled as too controlling.  The truth is, the threads are against the rules and should not have been posted. 

This is by far the best Mopar site out there, and both the membership and the Mods work hard to keep it that way.  Let's don't let side issues keep us from the bigger things here.  We will repair issues as soon as we can.  Please be patient.
Thanks for your help.

Oldschool
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009 - 10:51:18 AM »
WOW . . . ok . . .  well lets start with the COTM.   I am the one that puts the COTM together as I collect all the information and hold the pictures.  Once I get it together . . . and sometimes I forget and I'm late . . . I have to send it to the admin so it can be inserted into the forum main page.  If I send it on the day it is due, I'm sure the admin is not sitting by their computer just waiting for the info to arrive?  When they do get it, they have to take the time to format and get it in the main page.  I think having a COTM is a great idea and shows some class on the front page and I try to use cars that are nice to look at but I will submit projects also as that is what alot of members have here.   

Now some of the other issues . . . Dutch . . send me a good picture of your avatar and I will size it correctly so it won't look like that . . . no problem.  As for sending a PM??  Sorry I would love to help but that is something I don't have the power to fix.  It appears that Oldschool is looking into it??  Some questions that come to mind are . . . Is there an error that comes up when you try to send the PM??  What does it do?  Can anyone send you a PM?? 

I will try to help all I can  . . . just ask and if it is within my power . . I will help!   :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009 - 10:54:17 AM by 4Cruizn »