Author Topic: No more Autozone for me.  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
No more Autozone for me.
« on: March 09, 2009 - 12:14:17 PM »
Bought a belt for the Daytona, it was an inch too long, took it back and wanted to get one a bit shorter.  All went well until they insisted on scanning my driver's license to refund the one I was returning.  There's no way they're accessing all the info on my D.L. just to get a $9.00 refund.  They told me no scan, no refund.  I told them no refund, no repeat business.

Anyone else have to do this at the "Zone" ?

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline pink panther

• Resident
Re: No more Autozone for me.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009 - 12:18:22 PM »
1st I have heard of it
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009 - 12:21:05 PM »
that sounds whack. I brought back a $1k motor once that was already painted b/c I didnt realize they gave me an RV motor. They didnt ask questions.....

:clueless:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline usraptr

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009 - 12:28:34 PM »
I've bougth and returned lots of items to Autozone over the years and never had them ask me for my driver's license.   :dunno:  I'd call/write corporate and see what's going on.   :clueless:
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009 - 01:01:05 PM »
Did you bring it back with the slip? 

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009 - 01:17:49 PM »
Did you bring it back with the slip?

In this instance, no.  They have the transaction in their system, which they confirmed.  Slip or no slip, there's no reason for them to have access to the BMV info on the card.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009 - 01:25:51 PM »
First I have ever heard of it.  Without the slip they should have at least given you a store credit.  I would try it again, and if they ask for your DL again, I would ask for the manager and have them explain their new policy.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009 - 03:24:47 PM »
I would not give them my info either.  I know at home depot, they ask for my driver's license number on some returns but I usually just rattle it off and all is good.   :thumbsup:

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009 - 06:21:38 PM »
I don't like the autozone here because the service sucks, and they are not very friendly at all. I always go to Oreilly's, or just order what I need from the internet. But usually I go to Oreilly's.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009 - 06:42:10 PM »
I've not heard of this or had any problems with Auto Zone. I do use them as well as Advance Auto. I agree that you should ask for the manager. I wouldn't let them scan my license either, but even if they did, I don't know what info they could access. I find it hard to believe (but not impossible) that they could access the DMV database and gain access to your personal information!! :22yikes:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009 - 07:01:17 PM »
Hmmm, I haven't heard of that before.  I have to go there either today or tomorrow, so I will ask them about the refund policy.

wagesofsin

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009 - 07:05:21 PM »
me and the boy pretty much swore them off as well. when you call, no'one (save for the manager, who is actually a friend of ours,) knows what the hell anything is!!

hi, what brand of friction modifier do you carry?

huh??? friction multipliers? whats that go on?
please hold, i will be please to get you somewhere to help you...(no i didnt type that incorrectly)

hello, you are looking for frictoid multifliers?
for what make and model sir?

off to advanced i go! :swear:

one guy actually asked me what make my sons mustang was!!!!  :clueless:

i have, as well as my son, have had to look up the parts ourselves because the new guy didnt understand the parts program.

you get the idea,our autozone is a revolving door of imbesileologists!   :banghead:

i miss the days when you could go into just about any business, and there was someone there with actual hands on knowledge. there are fewer and fewer true craftsman out there, and by the look of things, it isnt going to get any better any time soon.

thank you to all those who go to work and are actually intelligent and make doing business the pleasure it so rarely is anymore.   :bigsmile:

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009 - 03:30:59 AM »
Bought a belt for the Daytona, it was an inch too long, took it back and wanted to get one a bit shorter.  All went well until they insisted on scanning my driver's license to refund the one I was returning.  There's no way they're accessing all the info on my D.L. just to get a $9.00 refund.  They told me no scan, no refund.  I told them no refund, no repeat business.

Anyone else have to do this at the "Zone" ?

P.G.

That has never happened to me at the AZ near me either....they usually only want your phone number for the warranty on the parts you buy.  Did you pay with cash - check - or credit?  I'd tell them to #*$! Off and demand my money back. 

What if you didn't have a D.L.?  Would they never refund anything?  Sounds like a scam job to me.  Make a complaint at least.   :villagers:
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009 - 07:36:49 AM »
We call it Auto-Bone. Their parts are junk and require multiple trips back to town to get one that is good. I'd rather pay more and get a part that works the first time delivered right to my door.
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009 - 08:10:26 AM »
Fishn,

Come to think of it,  Autozone gave me 3 axles that grenaded before I finally went to O'Riley's and got one that fit.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica