Author Topic: You ever out run your GPS?  (Read 769 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
You ever out run your GPS?
« on: March 09, 2009 - 09:28:07 PM »
It was 83 degrees today. Wife wanted to go for a cruise :roflsmiley:  I wanted to see what the engine temp would be in the down town traffic lights, so off we went for 80 miles today.  ON 110 OCTANE    OUCH!!  In traffic stops. temp said 188 and 40 psi oil pressure stoping and going, setting still for 3 minutes and so on. I thought that was really good for a 22 inch radiator. I put a 180 thermostat in it.

I took my Garmon with me testing the calibration of my speedo. Found out it is 4 or 5 mph faster then actual speed. But the speedo eventually catches up to the garmin speed when holding steady. Speedo must be gettin worn out.  But on the way home, I went the country route.  I decided to run it through the gears a bit (which I like to do quite a lot)  And while on hard excelleration, My map went crazy after 3rd gear. When I looked down I was doing 135 or so. The map didnt catch up and come back into view until around 80. It cant track on hard throttle.

After all that, the wife was ready to go home. :bigsmile: Don't think she had ever been that fast before.  Good woman tho. She didnt yell at me :smilielol:  But I bet she thinks twice about going for a cruise for a while.  This car I built sure is fun. It isn't a race car by no means, but sure has a good top end to it.   Kinda wonder what it is, but not gonna press my luck

Offline farmertan

Re: You ever out run your GPS?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009 - 09:12:56 AM »
sounds like fun, but maybe the gov set them gps up to do that and alarms went off at big brother head quarters lucky for you the g-man on duty that was watching you loves mopar.besides the micro-wave gun that takes out car computers wont work on old muscle cars.but if a black suburban w/tinted windows pulls in the drive run and HIDE! :naughty: :screwy:
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
Re: You ever out run your GPS?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009 - 11:14:46 AM »
sounds like fun, but maybe the gov set them gps up to do that and alarms went off at big brother head quarters lucky for you the g-man on duty that was watching you loves mopar.besides the micro-wave gun that takes out car computers wont work on old muscle cars.but if a black suburban w/tinted windows pulls in the drive run and HIDE! :naughty: :screwy:

Not to hijack, only as a side note to the GPS. We may get a friendly nudge by big brother to buy and drive more of our beloved Mopars if this gas tax per mile driven goes thru. No GPS in my Chally, and never will be!  :burnout: :burnout:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [