Author Topic: labor agreement in canada for chrysler  (Read 3261 times)

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
Re: labor agreement in canada for chrysler
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009 - 07:06:37 PM »
They'll have to live on thier savings and SS payments just like the rest of us. I guess they shoulda saved some of that big money they made
all their careers, huh?  :dunno:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009 - 04:04:14 AM »
 :wavingflag:

They closed the plant in delaware that built the durango and the aspen they should re tool and make the cars they are making out of the usa there and re employee those workers.

Just a thought.
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Cdnchallenger

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009 - 10:01:43 AM »
Never expected to see so much "anti Canada" sentiment on this website. Very disapointing!

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009 - 10:49:43 AM »
Nobody's "Anti Canada". I just don't think the UAW workers there get it any more than the ones here do or they already would have come to the table. They'll probably move any production to Mexico.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009 - 11:44:24 AM »
not true I am anti -Canaduh  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009 - 02:02:08 PM »
not true I am anti -Canaduh  :2thumbs:

LOL We must be brothers separated at birth or something! LOL :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009 - 02:26:37 PM »
could be , I am just sick of 9 months winters & taxation being the #1 industry

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline matt63

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009 - 03:46:40 PM »
I'm sure the Canadian plants were built up here for a good reason.  Productivity and a cheap dollar were a couple of them.  While I struggle to see how labor jobs get $35/hr, I do not want to deny someone a decent living.  You can't really compare US to Cdn wages without looking at so many other factors.  That said, who wants to buy a vehicle built at the lowest cost by disgruntled workers who just took cut backs?  I wasn't interested in the Big 3's offerings before and this won't help any.  None of my last 4 vehicles was bought in NA anyway.  Perhaps I'll buy a Canadian built Honda next time.  Sometimes (often) I think Canada is it's own worst enemy with our inferiority complex.    :canada:
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline kmyles

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009 - 04:10:44 PM »
I'm sure the Canadian plants were built up here for a good reason.  Productivity and a cheap dollar were a couple of them.  While I struggle to see how labor jobs get $35/hr, I do not want to deny someone a decent living.  You can't really compare US to Cdn wages without looking at so many other factors.  That said, who wants to buy a vehicle built at the lowest cost by disgruntled workers who just took cut backs?  I wasn't interested in the Big 3's offerings before and this won't help any.  None of my last 4 vehicles was bought in NA anyway.  Perhaps I'll buy a Canadian built Honda next time.  Sometimes (often) I think Canada is it's own worst enemy with our inferiority complex.    :canada:
:iagree: :canada:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline Ross

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009 - 04:20:30 PM »
Nothing sayes that the jobs taken from Canada will go to the states.  Most likely they will go to Mexico.
'70 340 Challenger

A whole lot of rust and very little time to work on it...

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009 - 05:32:09 PM »
 :iagree: The labor is way cheaper there and as a whole the quality is better. I know that's the suck, but it's the truth. Probably the difference in workers happy to have a job and those that think the company owes them one.

Offline t1971Chally

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009 - 05:43:42 PM »
I do not believe anyone here is Anti-Canada.  The problem is with regards to Chrysler U.S. operations versus Chrysler Canadian operations - the jobs/plants in the U.S. are being lost/eliminated/closed/shut down in the U.S. only.

THAT IS AN ISSUE THAT DOES NOT SIT WELL WITH ME SINCE I HAVE TO PAY THE TAXES FROM THESE MASSIVE BAILOUTS!!!

I firmly believe the Government and taxpayers of Canada should have to foot a large portion of the bill and I am glad to see Chrysler finally start demanding some cash from the Canadian side.

Sorry no offense to the Canadian side......
Ted
1971 Dodge Challenger 440 Magnum
:cheers:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009 - 06:14:03 PM »
I do not believe anyone here is Anti-Canada.  The problem is with regards to Chrysler U.S. operations versus Chrysler Canadian operations - the jobs/plants in the U.S. are being lost/eliminated/closed/shut down in the U.S. only.

THAT IS AN ISSUE THAT DOES NOT SIT WELL WITH ME SINCE I HAVE TO PAY THE TAXES FROM THESE MASSIVE BAILOUTS!!!

I firmly believe the Government and taxpayers of Canada should have to foot a large portion of the bill and I am glad to see Chrysler finally start demanding some cash from the Canadian side.

Sorry no offense to the Canadian side......

They were offered billions from both the provincal and federal Government months before the US bailout?? :dunno:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline 73dce

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009 - 06:20:31 PM »
Just remember when you buy your foreign vehicle that Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. are still operated IN JAPAN.  So go ahead buy it, help the Japanese economy. :2thumbs:

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009 - 07:01:03 PM »
Just remember when you buy your foreign vehicle that Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. are still operated IN JAPAN.  So go ahead buy it, help the Japanese economy. :2thumbs: