Author Topic: labor agreement in canada for chrysler  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Stacked440

Re: labor agreement in canada for chrysler
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009 - 10:11:43 PM »
Is it sad I wish I made even $13 an hour? :clueless:
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline 73dce

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009 - 08:24:17 AM »
I agree, I just wish I had a job. :bricks1:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009 - 08:35:25 AM »
 :iagree:

:canada:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline matt63

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009 - 03:06:49 PM »
Just remember when you buy your foreign vehicle that Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. are still operated IN JAPAN.  So go ahead buy it, help the Japanese economy. :2thumbs:
Well, I guess if my next vehicle purchase is a charity case I will buy North American.  :icon16: If that is what they are hoping for they don't have a chance.  We'll see what happens down the road here but I don't think a bail out will work.  There is no logic here.  If GM couldn't right itself over the past number of years what makes anybody think they can miraculously do it now.  How much of the bailout money now is just going straight to bond holders? If it was a one time shot perhaps.  Now they will have to be weaned off of welfare.  I don't hold high hopes but I hope I am wrong and they miraculously see the light of day. 

Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline t1971Chally

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009 - 07:05:14 PM »
Part of the problem here is that the average consumer believes the foreign automakers (and that is what they are) still make a higher quality product than the Big 3 do.  So the uninformed consumer goes out with this belief and makes a purchase based on perception and not based on the facts.  The fact is, the Big 3 have improved their quality tremendously over the past 15 years to the point where the so called "Quality Gap"" does not exist. 

All I will say is this:  Everywhere I go when making big ticket purchases (cars, washers, dryers, refrigerators, tools, etc), I do everything I can to purchase American made products!!!  I hope that by doing this I can help preserve someones job, their American made products, and their companies.  What have you done to preserve American jobs?  To those who have purchased a Chrysler, Dodge, and or Jeep product,,,,Thank You!!! To those who purchased a Ford or GM, again Thank You!

America First Baby!!!   :wavingflag:
Ted
1971 Dodge Challenger 440 Magnum
:cheers:

Offline 73dce

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009 - 08:04:20 PM »
 :iagree:
My god, someone finally sees things the way I do. I was in the hunt for a new car last year, we wanted something cheap that got good gas mileage.  We looked at getting a Toyota Yaris, Ford Focus, and some dodge and jeep products.  I couldn't bring myself to buy the Yaris, so we spent $8000 more for a Jeep Patriot and couldn't be happier with it.  I don't see that there is a big quality gap, even tho the "consumer magazines" will tell you there is. 

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009 - 09:00:03 PM »
There is definately a segment of our population that "Wouldn't be caught dead in a domestic". They view foreign cars as status symbols. They're easy to spot riding down the road. They also have poor road manners and pass on the right constantly and always have a cell phone in their hand. :blah: If I was a Cop they are the ones I would nail.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009 - 10:01:23 PM »
I'm Canadian and I can guarantee you I won't have a foreign vehicle in my driveway either. I too hate Walmart ( AKA as Chinamart)  Don't forget we buy cars too! Ya we are population wise  smaller than the USA but 30 million people do buy a lot of cars! I think that's why ( one of the reasons) we have the big 3 here in Canada. I like to buy what supports my economy so it has to be North American.Not necessarily Canadian built but USA OR Canadian built . We both share in the good times AND the bad times in the auto industry. Right now it sucks!
But I'm getting the feeling in this post being Canadian I'm getting the screw you type of feeling? My Latest purchase was a 2005 Suburban , which is built in Mexico! They all are as I understand it? Suburbans I mean.
The problem as I see it is greed by the "players at the top" out sourcing as much as possible for the God almighty dollar!. Go look closely at any of our "North American" cars where a huge amount of the parts are made!! Names like China, Mexico, Singapore  Indonesia, etc I'm sure you get the picture? They are just reaping what they have sown, meaning now people can't buy there cars because we don't have jobs now! It's not rocket science! Just greed!
I always consider us Canadian -USA as brothers...We are each others biggest trading partners!
 I have lost all 3 jobs now over 25 years due to China and the latest Mexico. Currently I'm out of work too. With nothing in site! I have always worked indirectly for the auto industry. I worked for suppliers to the auto industry and am looking at doing something different.
Heck half my family lives in the USA I married an American- lighten up would ya!
 :wavingflag: :canada:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009 - 10:31:00 PM »
As an American I can assure you Canadians are at the top of the food chain as our partners. I know of nobody that doesn't like our neighbors to the North. Now our other border is a different story....  :swear:   :canada: :wavingflag:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009 - 12:39:29 AM »
I have always bought American / north American where possible as well , some products simple are no lnger made in North America , you are right on the greed as well to a point , all it takes is 1-2 companies to get greedy & to be compedative the rest have to follow or they get priced out of the market ,
 if I could find an American to marry I would not stay in Canaduh though

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009 - 12:50:49 AM »
Same sex marriage is now legal in some states. Do you have a preference?  :lol:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009 - 01:06:14 AM »
I actually do have a preference -
Women under 200 lbs would be preferable & into cars definatly helps ... maybe with a job & a future too

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009 - 02:08:38 AM »
Does it matter if they're 4' 5" and 199lbs?  Try any Walmart south of the border.  :smilielol:

Offline t1971Chally

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009 - 05:14:58 AM »
Brads70,

I hear ya and I am with ya!!!  I am just talking those that continue to buy the foreign automobiles (because they believe there is a difference in quality).  I am also talking about those buy foreign products and make zero effort to buy the equivalent American/Canadian made product.  I also get tired of the people who make their living running various businesses in local communities and expect the local patrons to frequent their business yet they themselves do not support products made in the very community where they run their business. 

No Canadian bashing here......just irritated with the continues loss of jobs in the U.S.
Ted
1971 Dodge Challenger 440 Magnum
:cheers:

Offline 73dce

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009 - 08:28:10 AM »
I also don't think its the Mexican peoples fault that their government is lacking.  My wife is Mexican, shes definitely not 4'6" and 199lbs, and she happens to be quite smart.  She just finished her associates last year and has a very good paying job while my white ass is sitting here jobless with nothing but hopes and dreams.