Author Topic: Opinions...  (Read 941 times)

Offline R/TSE

Opinions...
« on: March 16, 2009 - 05:03:49 PM »
Well, im getting close to my car being done. Its a real V code Challenger SE...i saved the car from rotting to death and know its a highly optioned car...Alpine white paint, power windows, power steering w/cooler, A833, super track pack, yada yada yada. But the older gent i got it from removed and lost the TWO fender tags it had. What does everyone think about the repro fender tags??? I know its not the real thing, but it bothers me i dont have three holes on the fender. Keep in mind i have all intentions of keeping the car and passing it down to my kids (when and if i have them)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: Opinions...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009 - 05:27:04 PM »
Do you have a build sheet?

If not, I would probably document every option I can by camera and have a tag made.  You won't be able to get every option on the tags that you had before but at least you can get some.  Lots of guys can spot the remade tags so it isn't really like faking or cloning as long as you are only listing the options that your car has.

I would try like mad to get the old guy who owned it before to find the tags.   :2cents: :2cents:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: Opinions...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009 - 11:04:16 AM »
Could possibly be that both tags were only attached by 2 screws but yeah the lack of a third hole would bother me too. Without a build sheet there is not way to prove the cars options without the data tags.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*