Author Topic: 'Rules of the South'  (Read 2055 times)

Offline cudax34me

'Rules of the South'
« on: March 16, 2009 - 10:11:29 PM »
'Rules of the South' are as follows!

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'gravel road.' I
drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive,you're going to get dust on your Lexus.
Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are cattle. That's why they smell to you. They
smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-20 goes east and west, I-55goes North and South, pick one.

5. So you have a $70,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 cotton strippers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So every person in the south waves. It's called being
friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are
comingi in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat catfish and crawfish. You really want
sushi and caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season.
It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all
women,regardless of age.

11. We say 'sir and ma'am', 'please and thank you', 'excuse me and I'm sorry' when we are wrong or impolite. Do not make the mistake of thinking it makes us weak.It's just good up-bringing.

12. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham and turkey.

13. When we fill out a table, there are three main
dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup! Oh, yeah ... We don't care what you folks in Detroit call that stuff you eat. IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!

14. You bring 'coke' into my house, it better be brown,
wet and served over ice. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

15. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water
hazards-- it frightens the fish, and aggravates the alligators.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State
Universities, Universities, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at everybody when they come for the holidays.

18. Don't think that since we talk slow, we think slow.
You may be in for a surprise.

19. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines So don't mess with us . If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

20. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump stuff ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your underwear Refer back to #1!

A true Southerner will send this to at least 10 others   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

wagesofsin

Re: 'Rules of the South'
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009 - 10:25:20 PM »
thats odd, im from chicago, and i didnt see anything id disagree with.

oh well, i see the stereotyping never ends.

perhaps thats why the north won the war?

:poopoke:

before you go nuts, sit down and relax, its all good.   :roflsmiley:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009 - 10:48:38 PM »
 :cheers:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009 - 11:32:18 PM »
thats odd, im from chicago, and i didnt see anything id disagree with.

oh well, i see the stereotyping never ends.

perhaps thats why the north won the war?

:poopoke:

before you go nuts, sit down and relax, its all good.   :roflsmiley:

it's all good.a friend sent that to me and i thought you guys might enjoy it.

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009 - 12:14:23 AM »
13. When we fill out a table, there are three main
dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup! Oh, yeah ... We don't care what you folks in Detroit call that stuff you eat. IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!

I guess I don't get that one - Why isn't our chili 'real', and what's wrong with it?    :dunno:

The South's 'real' chili doesn't sound very good, since it is only spiced with salt, pepper, and ketchup, eh?    :poopoke:

I think I'll stick with the 'Northern' chili from Cheli's Chili Bar in Detroit, or Tony Packo's in Toledo, or Skyline Chili throughout Ohio.

-Tom
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009 - 12:26:23 AM by 70_challenger »

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009 - 07:41:01 AM »
Wow, I can fel the hate stemming from a little joke.  :bricks1:

Lighten up guys. I've spent some time going all around this globe and I get what he's saying. I don't agree with all of it. I think the best chili in the world comes straight out of Texas and I think anyone whose had a good bowl from a TX chili cook off would agree. However the South OWNES food. Maybe not every kind but the Crawfish Etoufe and Romulade beat the hell out of anyones chowder. IMO, The best BBQ comes from The Shed in So. Miss.

I digress, the best pizza I've had was in San Diego but it was from New York City transplants.

Sideways, flat billed clown hats? That's anywhere.

I'm originally from Oklahoma. It's funny, when people try to put Okies down they often say they are from the South but a Southerner would call them Yankees. Truth is, we weren't even a State in the Civil War but a bunch of Indians still gettting over the oppression of the Trail of Tears.

Back home it was nothing for a Dad to take his kid out of school for ythe first few days of a hunting season. The Principal did it.

Where Al lives there are a bunc of Chicken farms. To my wife, SoCal girl, it was a disgusting smell. She said, "Oh", when I told her these people could make millions raising shickens. For all she knew they just magically appeared at the store all packaged up.

I have a friend from upstate NY, he is as red neck as anyone, same goes for some MI and WI boys I know.

The real point is, Southern is and attitude or a frame of mind. Don't be so Geo-political and try to be more ideological.

Oh, Cuda X 3 4 me, quit bragging, we don't want them to move to the south. They already took over NC.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009 - 08:41:16 AM »
cuda you get no argument from me, ('cept maybe the chili thing LOL) ! And it's not cause my family was originally from 'bama either!  :bigsmile:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline MG440RT

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009 - 12:06:04 PM »
Diversity is what made this country the greatest...we're ALL Americans...from us liberals in the northeast to the rednecks and cajuns down south to the farmers in the midwest , ranchers and loggers , cowboys in the SE and even those aliens that live on the west coast.. :scared:

Most important is to keep our sense of humor...now go watch Team America... :2thumbs:

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009 - 02:09:16 PM »
We don't care what you folks in Detroit call that stuff you eat. IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!

I've been eating Skyline most of my 50+ years, it's good, but you're right, it ain't real chili.  Real chili ain't got no beans. 

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009 - 04:57:53 PM »
I've been eating Skyline most of my 50+ years, it's good, but you're right, it ain't real chili.  Real chili ain't got no beans. 

P.G.

Really?  I never knew there was chili without beans...

No hate here - I thought this stuff was funny, actually.  I have lived my whole life in Illinois and Michigan, so I am a certified Northerner.  I just thought the chili comment was odd, especially since it mentioned Detroit, which isn't really known for chili.  Everyone has their local favorites, right? 

But I think the point of the post was more about the manners than the food, eh? 

-Tom

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009 - 05:01:47 PM »
Some good-uns there....   :grinyes:  No offense here....    :grinno:
Off to the Joke Section it goes......    :bigsmile:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009 - 07:53:06 PM »
well like i posted earlier a freind sent that to me.i thought you guys might like it.i didn't get the chili thing either.oldschool,sorry about putting it in the off topic section.i really wasn't thinking about it being joke material.

wagesofsin

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009 - 09:04:06 PM »
i saw it more of a statement on cultural standing (or degradation). if that isnt off topic, hell, i guess ill never know what is.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009 - 11:13:05 AM »
A true Southerner will send this to at least 10 others   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah right - like "true Southerners" have computers...  :)

I lived in Georgia for 10 years, so I can bash on southerners all I want.  :)
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009 - 07:12:03 AM »
21. Yonder refers to the distance from here to there. It could be three feet away. It could be three nebulae away.

Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002