E Body Wheel Wells and Aftermarket Lip Moldings

Author Topic: E Body Wheel Wells and Aftermarket Lip Moldings  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Popeye

• Got Hemi?
E Body Wheel Wells and Aftermarket Lip Moldings
« on: June 15, 2004 - 01:12:53 PM »
Anybody have any suggestions to get aftermarket wheel well moldings to fit CORRECTLY on a 71 Cuda? The aftermarket pieces simply do not fit the contour of the opening. They have no provision for the lower body line....it's simply a gradual curve in the molding. There needs to be a more defined bend at the ends of the molding in order to fit properly. The ony thing I can think of is cut, shape weld, and polish.......LOTS of work! Anyone else ever notice this. I suppose most people just slap the pieces on as is. It definitely doesn't look right though.  I'll try to post some pics.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: E Body Wheel Wells and Aftermarket Lip Moldings
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004 - 05:50:02 PM »
Sorry I can't help :-\
  I put aftermarket moldings on my Challenger. It was basically a few holes in each piece that didn't line up. I just enlarged them a little. You have to look to see my gouging :-[ It doesn't sound like that's the problem you are having, is it?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Popeye

• Got Hemi?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004 - 10:28:46 AM »
Here's some shots of the body lines.....I'll try to get some pics of the molding up shortly.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004 - 10:30:37 AM by Popeye »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004 - 05:05:12 PM »
I'm not trying to be a smart Arse, but I have to ask the obvious. Are you sure you are putting the right molding with the right wheel well? It's hard to believe they would mess up that badly, but like I said, I've only dealt with the Challenger molding re-pros.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004 - 05:07:54 PM »
Alright I say the lines look good!! Show me the fit of the moldings.  I've noticed some of the aftermarket pieces need some tweeking to get a decent fit!   ???

Offline Popeye

• Got Hemi?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004 - 11:24:40 AM »
I'm not trying to be a smart Arse, but I have to ask the obvious. Are you sure you are putting the right molding with the right wheel well? It's hard to believe they would mess up that badly, but like I said, I've only dealt with the Challenger molding re-pros.

Mike

LOL. Yeah...I've got the correct pieces. I'm laughing because I checked them about 10 times thinking I didn't have the correct piece! I'll try to get some more pics up soon.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004 - 07:30:26 PM »
Can't wait to see them ;) When I was having my trouble, I did the same thing. I figured I had to have the moldings mixed up. Nope :-\ Now I'm wondering if they sold you Challenger moldings for your Cuda. I guess the pictures will tell the story.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD