Author Topic: THE BATRAM  (Read 5868 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: THE BATRAM
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009 - 08:23:25 AM »
do you want me to just email it or send ya the link?

Depends how big it is? If it's a big file (mb) then a link will be easiest.

Thanks!! :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009 - 08:53:03 AM »
That's all fine and well, but where are the pop-out machine guns?  Where's the afterburner?  Tire spikes?  How high can it jump?

And where's your matching costume?

I love it.  I think it's awesome.  Can I toss out some suggestions to take it a pinch further?

Contact Matt at TheRetrofitSource.com - get a pair of Infiniti FX projectors and convert the headlamps to 6000K HID's.  While you have the lens apart, add an extra piece of window tint inside the lens with the BATMAN logo.  When you turn on the headlamps, it'll cast the Batman insignia onto the ground (you could put it to the side of the lens so it doesn't affect your field of vision.)  You could still keep the black covers in place - it'll just look that much more vicious when the headlights are turned on.

I'd also figure out some way to backlight the lower grill on the front fascia, in a way that when you turn it on, it casts the Bat Insignia on the ground in front of the truck - something for show at night.  That, or find some way to shine the insignia into the sky, but that would take a pretty serious spotlight and probably wouldn't be very easy.

Just ideas - that's all.  I like it, and I'm a Batman fan myself.  Just, maybe, erm, not quite so psychotic about it.  :)

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline RT Dude

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009 - 06:04:58 PM »

Now thats an extremely good question  :lol2: :lol2:
Brent

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009 - 07:00:18 PM »
Wow Carl you did a great job on the truck  :thumbsup: It is a unique piece, that will turn heads.  :burnout: P.S. I want to see the costume as well.  :roflsmiley:

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009 - 08:03:52 PM »
Depends how big it is? If it's a big file (mb) then a link will be easiest.

Thanks!! :cheers:

uploading now its really short i cant find the longer vid i must have erased it

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009 - 04:34:14 AM »
That's all fine and well, but where are the pop-out machine guns?  Where's the afterburner?  Tire spikes?  How high can it jump?

I love it.  I think it's awesome.  Can I toss out some suggestions to take it a pinch further?

Contact Matt at TheRetrofitSource.com - get a pair of Infiniti FX projectors and convert the headlamps to 6000K HID's.  While you have the lens apart, add an extra piece of window tint inside the lens with the BATMAN logo.  When you turn on the headlamps, it'll cast the Batman insignia onto the ground (you could put it to the side of the lens so it doesn't affect your field of vision.)  You could still keep the black covers in place - it'll just look that much more vicious when the headlights are turned on.

I'd also figure out some way to backlight the lower grill on the front fascia, in a way that when you turn it on, it casts the Bat Insignia on the ground in front of the truck - something for show at night.  That, or find some way to shine the insignia into the sky, but that would take a pretty serious spotlight and probably wouldn't be very easy.

Just ideas - that's all.  I like it, and I'm a Batman fan myself.  Just, maybe, erm, not quite so psychotic about it.  :)

Jeff

Thanks for the input and praise, much appreciated. I did look at Batsignals but when I got a large Batlight here (not cheap) it just looked cheap and nasty. It was for inside the cab to view on the headliner. Outside was never an option for me, the poor quality of any light with logo outweighs the cool factor. It'd be cool but also a little overboard and it would never be clear and up to a standard I wouldn't get annoyed with lol. I looked at other lighting options for the interior as well, footwell lights with mist/fog for the first 10 seconds but again, just too over the top and tacky.

The details I've done, to me, are subtle enough not to draw attention like "hey, look at me". I laughed at some "Bat" cars doing Google searches. Obviously some are just half arsed attempts but the 2nd one isn't. To me, you shouldn't have to have big arse yellow logos on the exterior/interior to get the theme across. But, I'm not here to bash anyones cars, just my opinion on vehicles. I'm all about tastefully done I guess. I appreciate the input once again.

There are lots of details that are not captured in the photos, one such mod is the remote start, headlight delay and voice activation using "ED-209s" voice from Robocop which says 3 things: "BATRAM activated", "BATRAM Armed" ands "BATRAM Disarmed". Voice system can be turned on or off by a flick of a switch (roof console).

Thanks everyone else. LOL No costume for me. As I said, I'm into the cars, not Batman himself.
The movies are cool as far as entertainment though but it's all about the stealth cars for me.

CrazyPete - No link that I can see unless you were just saying you were loading it and not posting it yet? lol

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009 - 04:36:02 AM by Carlwalski »

Offline CrazyPete

1976 Dodge Dart Sport

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009 - 10:07:39 AM »
Nice job Carl! I like the fact that it is more subtle and not 'in your face'! It's apparent you put a lot of thought into the build. :2thumbs:

There's a wingnut running around here with a new Mustang with large Batman graphics on the car. The car isn't even black, it's a kind of nasty brown color! :roflsmiley:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009 - 11:26:12 AM »
Carl, cool setup!!  :thumbsup:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009 - 04:54:33 PM »
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/srt10-ram-on-the-dyno_642844.htm

Awesome, thanks CrazyPete. Doesn't sound too bad for the stock pipes. What did it pull? 420-425rwhp?
In a none rude tone (lol) do you have any others or is that it? I've saved it to my PC. :bananasmi

Thanks Heminut - Yup, you can have all the money in the world and have a big house, all the latest gadgets and have your favorite Mustang but one thing money can't buy, is class. Check out MTV Cribs for more evidence. Plus, you can't polish a turd. To me, less is more when done correctly.

:cheers:

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009 - 07:45:05 PM »
416 to the ground i'll talk to some of my fellow members on that board and see if anyone has any other vids it was a while ago tho

and glad to help ya you did an amazing job

1976 Dodge Dart Sport

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009 - 02:38:58 AM »
416 to the ground i'll talk to some of my fellow members on that board and see if anyone has any other vids it was a while ago tho

and glad to help ya you did an amazing job

That would be sweet thanks mate. Is there any chance you could email the video to me? I tried to download it to my computer the other day, it went into Real Player but when I tried to click it, it came up with an error message. No other videos I've said do that and that is the first video I've downloaded from Streetfire. I think they may have some kind of hidden code to stop downloads, that's all I can think of. If you can, awesome, if not, no worries at all. Thanks for the kind words. :)

:wave:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009 - 02:55:17 AM »
Sweet truck Carl. I forgot you moved it to right hand drive, looks odd and awesome at the same time if that makes any sense. Are the pedals set up like left hand drive or are they positioned different? Cool pics too  :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009 - 04:31:31 AM »
Sweet truck Carl. I forgot you moved it to right hand drive, looks odd and awesome at the same time if that makes any sense. Are the pedals set up like left hand drive or are they positioned different? Cool pics too  :2thumbs:

Thanks Brett, nope (lol) pedals are always the same, just different shifting hand.
If they were different, that would be weird and SUCK! :eek4:

:cheers:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009 - 09:37:45 AM »

Haven't been here for ages, may as well update a few threads. Made the video below today.
Great fun making these vids, driving and editing.

THE BATRAM RETURNS