Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)

Author Topic: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)  (Read 10022 times)

wagesofsin

Re: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009 - 07:31:19 PM »
I have an 81 dodge truck I can raffle here for you. Pretty much rust free. 318/727. I dont need it.  If I could sell 15 tickets for 50 bucks each, I will donate all the funds to you and your family..

a fine gesture al!!    :2thumbs:

i just changed my gauges to an auction to benefit.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=56430.0

hope it helps.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009 - 07:42:19 PM by wagesofsin »

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009 - 07:47:56 PM »
Man, this is terrible. I really hope something positive happens for you soon.  :sadwavey:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009 - 07:52:06 PM »
I am sad to hear you are having a rough time. Hopefully soon things will pick up for you. I am out of work myself since October and thankfully so far i am hanging in there. Keep thinking positive and somehow things will work out.
1974 Barracuda

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009 - 08:06:22 PM »
Wow,
I am so sorry to hear of the job loss and possible loss of your home. I know so many folks (myself included) could only last maybe 6 months without a paycheck. I really do hope and pray for you and all those that have lost their jobs and are facing a dim future. I think one of the biggest things to lose is loss of control where things are just out of our hands such as a job loss or a health issue. In times like these I find comfort in placing my trust in God. He is in control of all. Al has a great heart and great suggestion. Maybe it will work out and you can keep your car and home!! I'll be praying!! :angelwings: :angelwings: :angelwings:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009 - 08:14:48 PM »
Sorry to hear of your job situation and I hope and pray that you dont lose your house.  Take care and put it in gods hands and things for the good will happen. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009 - 08:17:09 PM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles! I've been out of work since October too. Things are Bad around here too. :canada: Funny you know I did an online survey about the best town for me to live and it picked Fayetteville NC ! Keep your chin up! It's all in bigger hands than ours! What did/do you do work wise?
Brad
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Slotts

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009 - 08:34:52 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear about this. Remember, this too shall pass.
I know you will find and feel a lot of support here. It was good of you to share this with us.

Slotts

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009 - 08:45:24 PM »
So sorry  :sadwavey: I wish you luck Maybe oboma's housing rescue plan will kick in soon and help you save your house. :dunno:

:thinkerg:
Maybe you could do a mopar freelance article about your car for one of the car mags?
 :thumbsup:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009 - 08:58:27 PM »
What a great gesture, Alan :2thumbs:   I hope things start to look better for you soon.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009 - 09:03:31 PM »
Sorry to hear the bad news there man  :(
There has already been some extremely kind gestures put forth here already, and I would be more than happy to sell a few parts and send ya the  :money:
Every little bit helps  :thumbsup:

I know you said you can't be bothered right now with placing ads to sell your things that you are giving away, but why don't you just put them in one post here for sale, and I'm sure there would be no objections from anyone  :dunno:
Put some cash in your pocket will ya!!
Like I said man.....every little bit helps

Let us know if there is anything we can do to try and help ya.
There is no shortage of hands here to help out a good dude like you.
 Even though it is easy for me to say, but STAY POSITIVE  :wave:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009 - 09:04:54 PM »
Thanks for the comments and support, guys. At the moment, I don't see any way out of this, but I've been wrong before.

Maybe you could do a mopar freelance article about your car for one of the car mags?
 :thumbsup:

I used to do freelance writing a while back, like 20 years or so. Freelance writers make very little, say 3-500 per piece. If I could write and sell 10 of those a month, I'd be set  :smokin:

Funny you know I did an online survey about the best town for me to live and it picked Fayetteville NC ! Keep your chin up! It's all in bigger hands than ours! What did/do you do work wise?
Brad

This really isn't a bad place to be. Especially if you're in the Army. Cost of living is dirt cheap, but unfortunately it's higher than my income, which is zero.

I have an 81 dodge truck I can raffle here for you. Pretty much rust free. 318/727. I dont need it.  If I could sell 15 tickets for 50 bucks each, I will donate all the funds to you and your family..

You're a great guy, Al. I don't know if it will help, but it's a very nice thought.

Dude, Sounds like you need some good luck... Ever thought about relocating?   Huntsville grew by over 7K residents last year & still needs skilled workers...

Good Luck Buddy  ;)

No problem with relocating. The issue there is that most jobs in this economy aren't paying relocating or any support, and my best guess is that it would take about a year to sell the house I have, so, while I can't afford one household now, I'd have to be supporting two in the meantime.

What's yer paypal address? :bigsmile:

Never used it, Al.

I wish you the best of luck. Things are slow for me too and eventhough I cant carry out all the plans I have for the Cuda right now at least its here. What kind of work do you do? I'll keep my eyes open here in Charlotte for you!! :2thumbs:

In theory I'm an Instructional Designer. Like I was telling Bullitt above, the issue is that I'm saddled with this house I bought, so I couldn't really move until I can sell it.

I don't really care if I stick with Instructional Design or not. Matter of fact, it hasn't really treated me that well. PRoblem is that it's all that's likely to pay me enough to pay my bills.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: going to college was the worst decision I ever made. Mountains of debt that will follow me for the rest of my life, and none of the degrees do squat to help me get a job. If I was a younger man I'd head up to Alaska and do the crab fishing thing instead of wasting my time in a college.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009 - 09:24:21 PM »
Few openings in NC so it appears
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instructional+Designer&l=north+carolina

I keep trying the jobs in Raleigh, which would only be a four hour commute, but so far the prospective employers find out how far away I am and they bolt. Next would be Charlotte, but that would be a six hour commute, and frankly I don't think I could do it.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Slotts

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009 - 09:30:37 PM »
Maybe this might help. This company once produced training tapes for Chrysler in the 80's:

www.ddiworld.com

Slotts

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009 - 09:43:42 PM »
Before I drove 4-6 Hrs I'd be looking into campers & campgrounds...Close-up or rent out the house & make the move.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!