Author Topic: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)  (Read 10020 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009 - 09:46:53 PM »
Man this sucks bigtime. I am with everybody else here hoping a way through this tough time is found. If it comes down to it, is there a trusted friend to whom you can sell your car to very cheaply that will hold it for you? That way if nothing else your car is still yours no matter what happens and when things brighten back up you can collect your car. I think the sale has to be for at least a hundred dollars or so just so it can be called legitimate. No harm in doing that if it saves your car. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. Just wanted to add that Matt's post is right on. When things spin out of control just look to God, He has His eye on us all and cares about us.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009 - 09:50:20 PM by bb71challenger »
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009 - 12:43:47 AM »
If it comes down to it, is there a trusted friend to whom you can sell your car to very cheaply that will hold it for you?

This is exactly what I was going to say.  I know of a few people who have done this to ensure their cars dont get caught up in some stuff. 

Im so sorry about your situation bro.  If there is anything I can do please hit me up in a PM. 

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009 - 12:49:00 AM »
 :wavingflag: I am with everyone here aswell HK, we have had some great comunication ever since the first time i joined C-C and have enjoyed your company when ever you posted.  I still remember you asking questions about Australia indigenous people and if they had any resemblance to your native American Indians in the way they were treated back in the day.

You are always a good bloke when it comes to cival conversations and i look forward to seeing you here more if you need someone to talk to buddy :2thumbs:

I really hope things turn around for you soon and you can get back in to a comfortable groove with life.   Wish i could do more, i would even take you on to help if you needed a job, but the distance is the problem.

All the best form the otherside of the world :wave: :aussie:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009 - 02:13:47 AM »
You are a Pro Photog Right ???
 I have a contact

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009 - 02:57:18 AM »
Man, sorry to hear about the crisis.  I think that everyone knows someone who has taken a financial hit, weather its been a job loss or a retirement savings account loss.  I'm not minimizing your pain, because I've been there before, and it really is stressful.  I try to take one day at a time.

Do you have any family members or relatives who could store your car while you go through the transition of possibly moving if you lose your house?  I know that losing either one is not good, but if you have to pick one I guess your car would be the cheapest one for you to keep. 

Remember, when one door closes another door will open. 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009 - 08:57:54 AM »
Man this kind of news just hits ya right in the heart, feel for you friend. It seems that somehow we all could kick in and somehow help you. Seems the time frame is the most negative factor (you said you'd loose your house in a month), Al as usual has offered a generous gift of the truck. Actually I think if any would be willing to buy a chance on the truck they should be willing to just personally send you the cash (pay pal or money order). Please send me your address and I'll send out a little $$$$, wish it could be more but this economic dive has hit all of us. If I hadn't retired and was still working all those "stupid" overtime hours I could help you even more. Sorry man.  Please send me a pm with an address ! - Jim
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009 - 10:04:23 AM »
ChallengerHK, When I read this I really didn't know what to say.  I feel real bad for your situation. I know that this is a real tough time.  Please stay in contact with us and keep us updated.  People here always have good ideas.  :grinyes:

That was real nice of Al to offer up the truck.  :thumbsup: I wouldn't know what to do with it if I did win anyhow (plus I'm not a good gambler  :roflsmiley: ) so if you PM me your address, I'll just send you the $50.  I still remember you were nice enough to sell me that old Mopar handling book, which I thought was very cool.

If you do have any models (I do like them) list away.  I'll give you your price plus some.  I know it's not much but maybe every little bit will help.

I do hope and pray things will get better for you.

Take care!  :cheers:

Phil  :)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009 - 01:59:29 PM »
Hey this really sucks, it's been on my mind for a few days ( and nights ) now. Can someone set up a Paypal account for him? I'm not the "sharpest tool in the shed " when it comes to computers but can someone figure out how to get this done so we can give him some help? If I were him I would be too proud to accept help and would never ask/ or accept  it. So WE are going to have to do it!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

wagesofsin

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009 - 02:24:38 PM »
i think the rallye gauges are sold!! so thats 200 clams to startoff.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009 - 02:24:56 PM »
I agree but house payments are a world away from buying Don a car & most of us are hurting
so How do we help him ???

wagesofsin

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009 - 02:27:35 PM »
I agree but house payments are a world away from buying Don a car & most of us are hurting
so How do we help him ???

5 or 10 bucks a pop x how many members? hell even a dollar. it will add up fast if we all pitch in

:bigsmile:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009 - 02:41:55 PM »
I am in  :2thumbs:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009 - 03:43:14 PM »
Me too just waiting for a  paypal account ? That would be the easiest and quickest? :dunno:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009 - 04:55:27 PM »
I don't have Paypal so I need a regular address.

ChallengerHK, we hope you'll accept our offers.

Mom always taught it's not nice to refuse a gift.  :bigsmile:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009 - 08:32:13 PM »
Sorry I was away all day. Working on everything I can think of. The Hyundai was in an accident Saturday, so I've got that to deal with as well.

Guys, I appreciate the sentiments more than I can possibly tell you, and the offers for money are wonderful. The ultimate issue here, in a condensed form as I can tell it, is this:

Having made about 3/8 of what I made the previous year I (foolishly, as it turns out) assumed that my tax bracket would drop like a rock. I held back enough to cover a 20% tax rate from the last job, figuring that I'd be safe with that. Turns out that my tax rate didn't drop one bit, so the IRS wants (as the old joke used to go) what I have in the bank.

So, while losing the house, the Hyundai, and my boxers are the ultimate outcome, the short form problem is that the IRS wants something on the order of $10k. As nice and supportive as you guys are, you cannot raise $10k for me...but thanks for the thought.

Beyond that, I may have accidentally stumbled across some info that will help me a lot. If I can, let me ask everyone to hold off doing anything, and I'll report back in a day or two and update everyone.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars