Author Topic: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)  (Read 10026 times)

wagesofsin

Re: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009 - 08:51:45 PM »
i dont think any one man can hold back the forces of good for a day or so. i say we still give, i know i am.   :2thumbs:
and if by chance, hk makes it clear of his financial burden, i think we'd have some cash is the kitty for the next individual. sounds like a good idea to me. in fact i have 2 vehicles id be willing to donate for just such a cause. everyone needs rainy day money. we aint any differant.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009 - 10:35:02 PM »
Alot of great support here guys!  Nice job!   Sorry to hear about your issues . . . I see this type of situation alot selling foreclosures for a living.  Sad days for sure . . .  :walkaway:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009 - 10:51:12 PM »
Man o man this is a sad post to read.. that being said... how can I help?? Losing your house is no joke thats for sure. Dont do anything crazy, it will get better (sorry I cant say when). I lived in my van once years ago, it wasn't fun thats for sure. Post or PM us! 
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009 - 11:32:20 PM »
I think what he means is he may have found a program that would help him out.  If we give him any money though, it may make him ineligible for assistance.  I think we should wait for his word before we do anything.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009 - 02:31:00 AM »
Sorry I was away all day. Working on everything I can think of. The Hyundai was in an accident Saturday, so I've got that to deal with as well.

Guys, I appreciate the sentiments more than I can possibly tell you, and the offers for money are wonderful. The ultimate issue here, in a condensed form as I can tell it, is this:

Having made about 3/8 of what I made the previous year I (foolishly, as it turns out) assumed that my tax bracket would drop like a rock. I held back enough to cover a 20% tax rate from the last job, figuring that I'd be safe with that. Turns out that my tax rate didn't drop one bit, so the IRS wants (as the old joke used to go) what I have in the bank.

So, while losing the house, the Hyundai, and my boxers are the ultimate outcome, the short form problem is that the IRS wants something on the order of $10k. As nice and supportive as you guys are, you cannot raise $10k for me...but thanks for the thought.

Beyond that, I may have accidentally stumbled across some info that will help me a lot. If I can, let me ask everyone to hold off doing anything, and I'll report back in a day or two and update everyone.

Uh,  It hasnt been 10 hrs yet and I have a grand already and close to sending it to you.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009 - 10:18:22 AM »
I think what he means is he may have found a program that would help him out.  If we give him any money though, it may make him ineligible for assistance.  I think we should wait for his word before we do anything.

:iagree: It might be wise to coordinate with HK on the donations so we don't mess up anything he is working on. Those IRS people can be real jerks!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009 - 10:48:18 AM »
A Cashiers check for living expenses, the MAN would never find out about  :naughty:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2009 - 11:24:20 AM »
A Cashiers check for living expenses, the MAN would never find out about  :naughty:

Wade thats a good idea!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009 - 12:22:55 PM »

Yup,no one else needs to know.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009 - 12:27:49 PM »
I am going to call him soon. I can send money order or whatever. Which ever way benifits him is the best way.  He is proud, this I know. And I do not want to step on any toes.

I realize that there is a lot of us going through hard times right now.  But when it comes to loosing a home, that in my eyes is where I felt we could help out.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009 - 01:44:28 PM »

I realize that there is a lot of us going through hard times right now.  But when it comes to loosing a home, that in my eyes is where I felt we could help out.

I agree, but what to do when a next member gets into this situation?   My guess is there will be more...
*** Bart ***

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2009 - 02:35:57 PM »
Al, to keep the feds off his ass I would suggest to hand him cash. That way no ones the wiser. Check and make sure my paypal got to you.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009 - 03:23:15 PM »

I agree, but what to do when a next member gets into this situation?   My guess is there will be more...

I dont have a problem helping good standing members here...do you?  A little from everyone goes a long ways

We had about 4 to 5 members get burned by a new member a while back ago. We all chipped in and made it right.  I myself value my friends more than money or objects. And I never look back and never ask for something for me. And all the people here who have donated to this or any cause have no worries or problems with it. And maybe one day they themselves will need help in some way and we will all jump up and help again.  Cuda-challenger.com is more than just about cars when you look past the pretty colors.

It just feels plain simple good to be able to send someone a gesture of kindness when they least expect it. It is more binding than any other non profit site there is.  And it goes world wide with no consideration of how you live, where you live, someone will always lend a shoulder or a helping hand.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009 - 04:15:27 PM »
ofcourse I don`t have a problem helping members... why do you even ask...?  I have and I will help where I can.
It`s just that when there will be more members in this situation you can`t help everyone keeping their homes, but maybe as a car club something could be done to prevent cars being taken from them...
*** Bart ***

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009 - 05:41:05 PM »
HK, sorry to hear of your troubles. Been there before myself and it was a fight to come back, but I did. You will too.

I can't help much, but I'm in for something too. Jus l et us know where, when, or how to pull of the deal.