Author Topic: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)  (Read 10003 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2009 - 06:19:49 PM »
I am still waiting for hk to send me his phone number. I hope to chat with him tonight. Im quite sure he is out and trying to do what he can to stay afloat

Dutch, if you were in this boat or one likie it, I would be doing this for you.  As large as we are, a little goes a long ways. Dont take my last post quote back to you as a lashing.  Yer ok with me :2thumbs:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2009 - 07:52:02 PM »
I think this group is awesome and so much like family. Much more than just a blog site. Anyone that needs advice, comfort, a friend or a helping hand will probably find it here!! Kudo's to CC.com and all the friendly warm-hearted folks here!!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2009 - 08:15:57 PM »
If we are going to spend this much effort on a site we might as well do something good & unique with it I think  :dunno:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2009 - 07:26:53 AM »

We had about 4 to 5 members get burned by a new member a while back ago. We all chipped in and made it right.  I myself value my friends more than money or objects.

Accross the years we have given generously as we could at the time it was needed. A few years ago we quit giving to national groups such as United Way because we found out that monies were not always directed to those in the most need. We just started directing our giving to local charities or people. Yes we still get "burned" on occasion as Al says, but we give to help, not for a pat on the back or to draw attention. Sometimes you get a "thank you" and sometimes ya don't, hell, I've gave substantial money to family and got the feeling they wondered what took me so long. Give as you can when you can.............if you can't you certainly shouldn't feel bad about it. As the saying goes,"Give forward", one day it will retun in some form or another. Also it's not how much you give, it's why and your intent.   :2cents:  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2009 - 08:36:41 AM »
Accross the years we have given generously as we could at the time it was needed. A few years ago we quit giving to national groups such as United Way because we found out that monies were not always directed to those in the most need. We just started directing our giving to local charities or people. Yes we still get "burned" on occasion as Al says, but we give to help, not for a pat on the back or to draw attention. Sometimes you get a "thank you" and sometimes ya don't, hell, I've gave substantial money to family and got the feeling they wondered what took me so long. Give as you can when you can.............if you can't you certainly shouldn't feel bad about it. As the saying goes,"Give forward", one day it will retun in some form or another. Also it's not how much you give, it's why and your intent.   :2cents:  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

:worshippy Amen to that brother!  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2009 - 09:48:42 AM »
I agree with WSM, I quit giving to 'corporate' charities some time back when I found out how small of a percentage actually gets used for the charity part. I would much rather give to a member of this board who's in need and know that he/she will be getting 100% of what was donated.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2009 - 10:05:47 AM »
I agree with WSM, I quit giving to 'corporate' charities some time back when I found out how small of a percentage actually gets used for the charity part. I would much rather give to a member of this board who's in need and know that he/she will be getting 100% of what was donated.

When I was driving by your place a few months back, I remembered I had sent you something and really wanted to meet up with you.  I will have that chance again one day and hope it works out. Next time I will go to your school if need be. Don't need or want anything. A simple handshake is just as good as lunch. I stay super busy. And run on my heart most of the time. 

I have tried continuously to get ahold of HK. I am waiting for him to respond to me and to send him some comfort, thanks to all the carring members here and the donations, he will definately feel the love and compassion that many here express in their posts

Offline twist

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2009 - 10:06:59 AM »

Could not agree more. Very well said. Mike
70 Challenger R/T SE
68 Charger RT
68 Dart GT Convertible

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2009 - 12:45:03 PM »
I have tried continuously to get ahold of HK. I am waiting for him to respond to me and to send him some comfort, thanks to all the carring members here and the donations, he will definately feel the love and compassion that many here express in their posts

I am sure he is busy and stressed. He'll get back to ya. I know how he feels. My boat isn't quite as bad, but we're definitely taking on water. He'll get thru this if we all keep a good attitude. That's what I'm going to do. :2thumbs:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2009 - 03:53:36 PM »
I got in touch with Dave a few minutes ago.   Funds are on the way to him. Gave me his address and phone number.  He also knows he will be recieving more funds. Some members mailed money to my home which I have to forward to him

So I just want to take the time here to tell each and everyone of you guys....Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Every person just stepped forward and responded right away that could.  And this helped another member down and out. I will do the same again for any one of you guys and not look back.  If you have a problem and I-we can help in any way.  Just let me know.  There is always someone that cares and willing to help.   Food, shelter, medical....I will try my best with all I can do

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2009 - 04:50:12 PM »
Folks, I don't know what to say. I'm a writer (among other things), but words fail me at the moment.

I talked to Al today, and he told me about everything that's going on. From the bottom of my heart, thanks. I said to Chryco a couple of days back that I've always watched people get help and wondered why I never did. This means a lot more to me than money.

I talked to my tax preparer at length. We were able to find a solution that as far as I can tell is legal (she tells me it is, anyway), and cuts my tax bill in half, or nearly so. That still leaves me with a hefty bill, but I'll arrange for a payment schedule and then hope for the best.

My next post is going to be a preliminary list of models. I haven't been able to find my box of e-bodies; I've been toting these things around for more than ten years, from Wash DC to Michigan's UP, to Detroit, and finally to NC, so they may have gotten misplaced somewhere. Nonetheles, I found a whole bunch that I thought I had let go years ago, so I'm going to post those.

Nobody feel bad about getting any of these. Like I said above, I haven't worked on a model in about fifteen years, and I don't think I was ever that good to begin with (I'm including a couple that I built, so you can be the judges). Also, my eyesight has steadily deteriorated to the point where I can't really do detail work any more, and I wasn't that good with body paint to begin with (if I was, the full size Challenger would have been painted a long time ago). 

I'll number these in the post, and anybody who's interested, send me an e-mail with the numbers or cut and past from the paste so I know what you're interested in.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2009 - 05:00:19 PM »
1 - Viper RT/10 - I think this is the original body style. I have started primering the body. I think it's complete, but not certain.

CLAIMED & MAILED 2 - 71 Roadrunner - this is the one that has the parts for making a 71 Superbird. Again, I think it's complete. No work done. this would be The Factory G series Prototype , hard & expensive to get

CLAIMED & MAILED 3 - 69 Charger Daytona - started primering the body. Looks complete.

4 - Johan Challenger funny car - one of two e-bods that I found. Completed, but not particularly well.

CLAIMED & MAILED 5 - 73-4 Barracuda - the other e-bod I found. Complete and unstarted. MPC model, has some sort of pro-street/six pak looking hood.

6 - 70? Impala - built, very badly and not by me. No hood, no chassis, cracked a-pillar. I was going to make it a "Vlad the Impala" model for Halloween.

Non-Mopar Stuff

7 - 69 Cougar Eliminator - sealed inside

8 - 70 Boss 302 - sealed inside

9 - 69 Shelby GT 500 - sealed inside

10 - 69 Mustang and 68 Shelby - these I got from a friend when he got out of modeling a long time ago. I think they are sealed and complete.

11 - Here's an odd one - Space Shuttle Challenger with Booster rockets and fuel tank. I think it's complete and unstarted.

12 - About half a dozen Scale Auto Enthusiast / Car Modeler magazines.

13 - CLAIMED & MAILED 70 Challenger TA - built, detailed very well, but there's orange peel in the body

3rd group - I found a bunch of e-bods. I think I should have more, but no promises.

14 - 71 Cuda - box still wrapped

15 - 71 Cuda - box still wrapped (yes, it's just like the one above)

16 - 71 Cuda - still bagged inside (jus like the two above, but the box has been opened)

17 - 70 AAR Cuda - body primed, looks complete

18 - 70 Cuda street machine - body primed - I don't think this is complete. It looks to have parts from a few different kits

19 - Box of parts. I was scratchbuilding a new design, and it just didn't work. This is mostly a 3rd gen firebird and an MR2.

20 - Built Superbird. Detailed fairly well, but the body paint is only OK.

I'll post more when/if I find them.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009 - 04:19:30 PM by ChallengerHK »

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2009 - 06:15:56 PM »
Ill be the first.... More than happy to help! No thanks required no strings attached. 
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2009 - 06:28:42 PM »
Glads to hear that you may have been able to cut your tax bill in half.  I hope it works out!  As far as your home goes...Have you talked to the Mortgage Company.  I did hear quite a few things about the mortgage companies working with people who are down on their luck.  They say it is better to call than to avoid them (not saying you are, but just thought I would tell ya about it).  I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers and sending well wishes that things start to look up for you.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2009 - 06:33:08 PM »
I am glad that things are looking up. I am also glad that, however hard it might have been, you let us know what was going on. Time has a way of slipping away. I was honored to be able to help and would do it again anytime I can. Keep us posted and I mirror April when I say I am glad your tax bill has seen some relief.   :clapping:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*