Author Topic: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)  (Read 10004 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Life's a ***** (but I'm giving stuff away, so read anyway)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2009 - 08:13:39 PM »
You're in my thoughts and prayers Dave. Glad we were able to help out in some form or fashion. As mentioned above it warms my heart to know where the gift is going. I've been helped in the past when I was down and out and believe in "love God & love your neighbor". I hope you are able to keep your home!! Keep looking up!! better times are coming!! :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009 - 08:34:31 PM »
As far as your home goes...Have you talked to the Mortgage Company.  I did hear quite a few things about the mortgage companies working with people who are down on their luck.  They say it is better to call than to avoid them

I have tried. So far, every person I've spoken with by phone has lied to me.  The worst one told me that she had taken care of an issue; not only did she not take care of it, but she also made no notes about the solution in my file, and apparently didn't even give me her real name for my notes. On the other hand, when I go to the bank in person, they say I have to call the customer service line. Over the next few days I need to brainstorm and come up with a solution to all of this; if the results of my brainstorming lead me to believe that I can keep the house, I'll have to get a lawyer to approach them to keep them honest.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009 - 10:08:24 PM »
If I could win a freakin lottery I would buy out your mortgage , I was in the same boat years ago , the house went away no one helped

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009 - 10:44:45 PM »
That's funny, I was thinking almost the same thing! I very rarely buy lottery tickets but I though of you and bought one and thought it would be so fun to be "Robin Hood" Kind of like Over Hauling for your house ...and car!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2009 - 11:10:35 PM »
Challenger HK,

Sorry to hear about your troubles.Dont forget you got that 360 block here in my husbands garage you can always sell that if you need to .Let me know if you decide to sell  and need pics then you can ebay it or whichever and have them pick it up here in PA and send you the money or pay cash and we can send you a money order or whichever.

let me know

michele

Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline 340Challman

• 70 Challenger B5 A66 4 spd
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2009 - 09:18:47 AM »
I have tried. So far, every person I've spoken with by phone has lied to me.  The worst one told me that she had taken care of an issue; not only did she not take care of it, but she also made no notes about the solution in my file, and apparently didn't even give me her real name for my notes. On the other hand, when I go to the bank in person, they say I have to call the customer service line. Over the next few days I need to brainstorm and come up with a solution to all of this; if the results of my brainstorming lead me to believe that I can keep the house, I'll have to get a lawyer to approach them to keep them honest.

A little local media coverage might help to nudge them in the right direction. There is no shortage of people looking to lynch some banks and bankers. Having a newspaper or TV reporter asking questions might motivate them if you know what I mean. :naughty: :grinyes:

:2cents:

Kevin
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
        ___               ___
             ]            [

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2009 - 12:06:36 AM »
When I was driving by your place a few months back, I remembered I had sent you something and really wanted to meet up with you.  I will have that chance again one day and hope it works out. Next time I will go to your school if need be. Don't need or want anything. A simple handshake is just as good as lunch. I stay super busy. And run on my heart most of the time. 

Alan, I'm sure we'll get to meet face to face one day. Just know that I'm honored to call you my friend! :2thumbs:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2009 - 07:57:43 AM »
Have you tried looking for work in the Raleigh/Apex/Cary area? I think their rate of job loss has been less than the rest of the state and it's not as far as Charlotte.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2009 - 03:50:31 PM »
I'm sorry if I miss replying to anyone; please don't take it personally. I've been busy with a lot of stuff, some of which I'll detail below. Also, the model list is updated, and I found a bunch of the e-bods.

Have you tried looking for work in the Raleigh/Apex/Cary area? I think their rate of job loss has been less than the rest of the state and it's not as far as Charlotte.

I have, almost exclusively; most of the "local" jobs I friend are in Raleigh, Durham, Cary or RTP. It would be about a four hour commute for me, but that's the outside of what I think I can realistically do. With the job market being what it is, however, the few bites I've had have told e that they wouldn't hire me unless I lived in or near Raleigh. At this point I'm willing to do that in theory, but the cost of living would rise dramatically. Mortgage or rent alone would just about double. so, just to break even, i.e. be able to pay my bills, I'd need to command an extra $15-20k/year.

A little local media coverage might help to nudge them in the right direction. There is no shortage of people looking to lynch some banks and bankers. Having a newspaper or TV reporter asking questions might motivate them if you know what I mean. :naughty: :grinyes:

This is a great idea.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.Dont forget you got that 360 block here in my husbands garage you can always sell that if you need to .Let me know if you decide to sell  and need pics then you can ebay it or whichever and have them pick it up here in PA and send you the money or pay cash and we can send you a money order or whichever.

At this point I'm going to say put it up for sale. I'm unlikely to be able to do anything with it for the next several years.

New stuff:

I think I was misleading when I said that the tax bill was cut in half. The tax bill is taken care of in that I did lower it, and what's remaining will be addressed in payments. Overall, though, it's still huge.

Several friends urged me to talk to some professionals. All in all, it was pretty much worthless. I talked to a debt counselor, but they're pretty much set up to help people who don't know how to put together a budget. All they kept talking about was giving them all my money and they'd make sure the bills were p[aid and given me a stiped to live on. I kept trying to explain that I have no income, but this didn't faze them at all.

I also talked to a career counselor. They're set up to help people figure out what their dream job is, but not really to help people shift into a different career while minimizing income loss. Also useless.

A friend suggested that I go back and get another degree. Since the degrees I have are not worth the paper they're printed on, and I'm still paying for the privilige of having worked my butt of to get them, I don't think so.

Finally, I talked to a second bankruptcy attorney. Turns out that what the first guy told me was factually true (e.g., can't get rid of student loans unless I die), but this guy was at least a lot more helpful with other information along the lines of strategy, such as don't declare bankruptcy unless it's part of a recovery plan and not a reaction to problems.

I have a spare bedroom, and I'm going to look into taking in a boarder. I feel that I have to be very careful with this, which is why I've never done it until now. A friend did the same thing about 12 years ago and ended up having the boarder give her key to her boyfriend so he could come in with a group and steal just about everything valuable that wasn't nailed down.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2009 - 05:09:33 PM »
I heard somewhere chryco needs a place to stay...  :stirpot:
*** Bart ***

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2009 - 06:14:15 PM »
I heard somewhere chryco needs a place to stay...  :stirpot:

I've offered that to Neil before, and believe me that offer still stands (as long as I have a house, anyway; otherwise he's welcome to share my tent). I think the issue with getting NEil here, however, has more to do with getting him permission to live and work in the US than finding him a place to stay.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2009 - 08:55:28 PM »
I'm sending you money tomorrow :wave: And hope more on tuesday afternoon or wed morning.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2009 - 10:03:06 PM »
Any word from HK?
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2009 - 10:07:43 PM »
Any word from HK?

I'm worried Wade.  He has had his phone cut off, and not sure if he is at the same address or not. I sent him a large check and it took quite a while for him to cash it. I have more money put up in savings for him now. Haven't heard anything from him at all. And he hasn't been online for a while now.

Please do not make anymore donations untill we can get a confirmation on his address incase he has moved.  I hope we hear from him soon.  I am worried. I don't want money lost in the mail with a change of address if this has happened.

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2009 - 11:00:44 PM »
I'm with you on that Al. I'm getting worried about him too. :-\ David, if you do happen to read this, I'll send out your shipping $ for the models if we find out a confirmed address. I'd hate for the money to go missing and you never get it.
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel