Author Topic: Blueprint Engines.....  (Read 3966 times)

Offline 7challenger1

• Challenge This
Blueprint Engines.....
« on: April 05, 2009 - 02:09:01 PM »
SUCK!!!!! dont buy one!!! :stomp:
Mopars...sucking gas and kicking @$$

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
Re: Blueprint Engines.....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009 - 02:18:40 PM »
Why.... :dunno:

Do you have a story to tell.....or are you so mad right now. That you can't make complete sentences.... :poopoke:  :bigsmile:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009 - 01:15:59 PM »
 :iagree:  Let's hear about it.   What was wrong  with the engine?  Did they try and rectify the situation at all?  we need details - these engines are advertised all over the place and if they truly have quality problems, let everyone here know what happened.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline 7challenger1

• Challenge This
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009 - 03:22:57 PM »
ok here goes...i bought the 408ci crate, thats advertised in summit racing, for my 69 d-100. now they basically tell you that its a plug and play type of crate motor. well its not, it was missing alot of parts. not anything major just little odds and ends, which was no biggie. i didnt really care too much. now it came time to start the engine...well i primed the block for oil presure, and the dam thing has so much lifter nose its unbelieve able. i know this might sound lame but there is so many other things that have gone wrong with this engine swap. this is not my first rodeo either. i have MP 360 crate in my challenger and it was such an easy swap. no head aches. thanks for letting me vent.....

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009 - 11:55:29 AM »
I'm guessing youre paraphrasing. Did you break in the cam properly? What cam do they use (I'm not familiar with their work first hand).

Offline cudamax2343

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009 - 05:55:28 PM »
Come on man. Blueprintting an engine is a real good thing. Now as far as who does it and what is what matters. Every engine has a spec or clearance for example .002 to .005 for everything. Thats what makes assy of mass produced motors possible. Blueprintting is taking those clearances to the best possible position for an application.

I.E. Like piston to wall cleanances. Depending on piston material /Bore finish /boost or not /Ring material /RPM Range /if you want to sacrifce hp for wear, ect All depends on where you put the clearance.

Most don't do **** and just advertize that it Blueprinted and do a basic assy :wow:

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009 - 06:08:09 PM »
I think you missed the point - Blueprint Engines is a crate engine company that has been advertising heavily lately.  7challenger1 is not happy with their specific product...
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline 7challenger1

• Challenge This
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009 - 01:49:43 PM »
yea the blueprint engines company sucks and dont ever buy from them. nothing but complications and problems with the motor i bought.

Offline 408cuda

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009 - 02:40:23 PM »
I just installed the 408 dressed up version with the alu. heads. Engine was complete and easy to install. It's was a real plug and play to me. You hear the Comp Cams Pro Magnum roller rockers a bit but that is pretty normal I think. The first 500 mile is done and so far, the engine runs great. Behind I put a A518 trans. with 3.91 gears.

1973 Plymouth Barracuda 408