Author Topic: bought a "Barn Car" today.........pix  (Read 4071 times)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: bought a "Barn Car" today.........pix
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009 - 04:43:40 AM »
great story, great car, great deal...  :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline back n black

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009 - 07:46:21 AM »
Sweet!

Now that you have that, you can give the white & blue T/A to me. 

Get in line buddy! :bigsmile:

Offline farmertan

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009 - 08:58:34 AM »
I love stories like this, congrats on the find. Did she have any of the original paper work,window sticker etc? I hope you can leave it as a survivor w/some light touch up,the first cars i go to at a car show are the survivor cars not the perfect paint ones.
73 340 4sp 2nd owner since 85    brett

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009 - 09:18:10 AM »
I might care if this was the GTO board...... :stirpot: I love to hear of stories like this....the car doesn't rot away with some idiot owner and someone deserving gets a car they will appreciate. and fix up..know too many people who find cars like that get them for nothing and sell for big bucks. Glad you finally found her------good luck
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009 - 03:00:16 PM by HemiOrange70 »

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009 - 09:43:03 AM »
I might care if this was the GTO board...... :stirpot: I love to hear of stories like this....the car doesn't rot away with some idiot owner and someone deserving gets a car theyu will appreciate...know too many people who find cars like that get them for nothing and sell for big bucks. good luck

yep, it's GOAT :roflsmiley:

...kind of an odd story with this one...the owner has had some life threatening health issues and has no memory of owning the car when it was new, or ever driving it...no good times to remember, no cherished memories, nothing....she understands what the car is, but there is no sentimental reason to keep the car any longer, it virtually means nothing to her

...it will probably never leave my family

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009 - 09:46:55 AM »
I love stories like this, congrats on the find. Did she have any of the original paper work,window sticker etc? I hope you can leave it as a survivor w/some light touch up,the first cars i go to at a car show are the survivor cars not the perfect paint ones.

...it has several original doccuments, no window sticker though

...I have taken a turn towards the "survivors" too during the last few years....they are the real history of the hobby, still wearing the scars from 40 years of use

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009 - 10:13:04 AM »
Great find!  :2thumbs: I agree i love seeing a survivor over a car that had a full restoration.
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009 - 12:49:21 PM »
so awesome!!  :cooldancing:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline lumpy

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009 - 04:09:50 PM »
Nice find Daytona :2thumbs: You are truly an inspiration to the hobby!! Care to give any details of the deal? $$ :grinno:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009 - 04:41:39 PM »
Nice find Daytona :2thumbs: You are truly an inspiration to the hobby!! Care to give any details of the deal? $$ :grinno:

...I paid what the seller asked, and we were both very happy :bigsmile:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009 - 05:19:36 PM »
apparently it was her boyfriend/husband I ran into that cold night 40 years ago who was in a racing mood...

I was wondering if that was her at the wheel or not....  :naughty:  :burnout:

Very cool car, Daytona!  Love those Judges!  :grinyes:  :thumbsup:  Love the stories you have!  I never had a GTO but I had a 1969 Lemans convertible.  All stock with the little PMD red dot hubcaps, 350, auto, His/Hers shifter in the console.  Not sure if that was stock or not.  Sold it to go back to school.  :(

When I was a teen, 20+ years ago, I used to see a sinister looking black 1970 GTO lurking around town.  (Next town over from where I live now.)  It was low slung to the ground, completely black, even the rear bumper, steel rims with stock PMD red dot hubcaps. 

Fast forward to 20+ years later, I was at a gas station a couple of weeks ago with my 6 year old daughter getting gas.  Got in the van and I saw the very same GTO going through the intersection.  Tailed the guy home and found out the guy driving was the original owner and the car has over 700,000 miles on it (Yes, 700K miles!)  That is the only car he has owned since buying it in 1970.  It's a driver but a very cool daily driver it is.  8)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009 - 09:19:58 PM »
In 68 my neighbor purcashed one new.  Every now and then he would run against a 69 383 Charger and a 71 340 Duster.  Both of the Mopars were neighbors also.  It was fun to watch.

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009 - 10:17:09 PM »
Greeat Story and Nice buy, it is always amazing when I hear how close some cars are found by the new owner.
She should clean up real nice, it looks to be a RAIII and not a IV, to me that is good, at least you won't be woried as much when you take it for a spin. Is it a January built or ealy Febuary?
Good Luck and I am partial to 69's also because I just sold this one this past summer, a 4sp, bench seat with A/C.....

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009 - 10:18:40 PM »
I was wondering if that was her at the wheel or not....  :naughty:  :burnout:

...if it was, she has trimmed her beard since then :roflsmiley:

Offline acudanut

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009 - 11:45:58 PM »
Oh come on, What is a fair deal these days ???.  I am clueless these days.  At least give us MOPAR guys a hint. :dunno:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009 - 12:22:24 PM by acudanut »