Author Topic: From Mexico to Canada  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
From Mexico to Canada
« on: April 08, 2009 - 09:33:53 PM »
Darn, looks like I need to stop by the house and get my warm clothes.  I was just informed I may be working somewhere in canada for a few weeks.  It has been around 90 degrees here in Mexico.  Now it will be like 9 there. 

Eh? you know :icon16:    Just practicing.... :wave:  Maybe I can visit someone up there when I find out where Im going

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
Re: From Mexico to Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009 - 09:35:58 PM »
Darn, looks like I need to stop by the house and get my warm clothes.  I was just informed I may be working somewhere in canada for a few weeks.  It has been around 90 degrees here in Mexico.  Now it will be like 9 there. 

Eh? you know :icon16:    Just practicing.... :wave:  Maybe I can visit someone up there when I find out where Im going

sounds cool, but Canada is a VERY big place.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009 - 09:38:15 PM »
Wow there is a lot of difference in temps that way.  Was hoping to get my car moved but now may have to wait.  O well looked at some land today maybe we can get it.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009 - 09:39:08 PM »

How long are you staying? Let us know where and when? I'm off to Myrtle Beach Friday for 2 weeks, maybe if it's close to me and your still here we can grab dinner or something? It was 52 today , calling for warmer tomorrow!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline plumcrazy704406

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009 - 09:46:15 PM »
drop a line if your if your coming toronto ways Al. Whats with the practicing of eh?  :clueless:  :dunno:
the igloo my wheels are in should be melted and I can run ya in it, eh! get you a real beer if you wish! :cheers:
 :canada:
This thought may not be politically correct, but is an opinion offered. It may be correct? or it may be wrong? It is not designed to appease those needing shelter from the real world.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009 - 10:05:03 PM »
Canaduh is much Larger in area that the US & it is far more spread out too , let us know approx what area you will be in  :1zhelp:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009 - 06:34:46 AM »
I got a rally dash I am supposed to ship to canada. I wonder if it is easier and cheaper for the member if I just bring it with me and then ship it to him while im there :clueless:   

I will find out where by tuesday or maybe sooner what area I will be in. I may be going to 3 different locations, im not sure

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009 - 06:44:30 AM »
I got a rally dash I am supposed to ship to canada. I wonder if it is easier and cheaper for the member if I just bring it with me and then ship it to him while im there :clueless:   

I will find out where by tuesday or maybe sooner what area I will be in. I may be going to 3 different locations, im not sure

Yes I'd say it will be cheaper for sure! No brokerage fee's duty ( Taxes) Good deal for the buyer! :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Slotts

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009 - 06:45:26 AM »
Here is what I have found. Shipping via USPS is a hit or miss. I have waited between a week and a half and up to two months depending on the customs checking. UPS seemed to sail right in. Crossing the boarder with a car parts might raise a red flag. Oh, and if you do ship from the US, definitely  say that it is a gift. Canada charges half the declared value in tax to the buyer!  :22yikes:   :faint:

Slotts

Offline kmyles

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009 - 03:14:00 PM »
Defineately keep us in the loop on where you are heading! I'l have a cold beer waiting if your in the area!! :2thumbs:

As for the rally dash I would bring with and ship it from here.
 :canada: :wavingflag:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009 - 04:03:37 PM »
Hey Al, you'll have to let us know where and when you will be in the frozen white north so someone can take you out for a good meal.  As far as shipping the guages it would be cheaper to ship within canada, see if that is workable for you. :cooldancing:
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009 - 08:04:08 PM »
USPS is great for shipping to Canada, I have never heard or experienced half the value as tax in Canada.

UPS sucks for shipping to Canada as you pay the tax and they also charge you a brokerage fee.

If you can bring the cluster with you easily, it would be much better to ship within Canada.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009 - 08:10:28 PM »
Al, do you know where you are going to yet?
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009 - 08:16:49 PM »
no i dont. but maybe heard Something like New england or Great Brittan or something. I should know by Monday. I finish here tomorrow and I am trying to change my flight from tuesday to this Sunday

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009 - 12:06:05 PM »
Canaduh is much Larger in area that the US & it is far more spread out too , let us know approx what area you will be in  :1zhelp:

Al, do you know where you are going to yet?

no i dont. but maybe heard Something like New england or Great Brittan or something. I should know by Monday. I finish here tomorrow and I am trying to change my flight from tuesday to this Sunday

WOW, Canada is spread out farther than I thought :o   :)

Safe trip Al :wave:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 - 12:08:02 PM by onefornow »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002