Author Topic: new or old pad  (Read 2602 times)

Offline 300

• 69 chevelle,67chevelle , 70 barracuda
Re: new or old pad
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009 - 07:39:22 PM »
I wish there was somebody near Talladaga, I,m going down for the race and it would be nice to walk into a shop and say , I,ll take that one, to bad we up here in Canada don,t have the access like our neighbours to the south have.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009 - 07:51:14 PM »
I live close to Talledega :2thumbs:

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009 - 10:35:47 PM »
Can you just buy them direct like that? Heck I only live 160 miles from El Paso and go there about 4 times a year anyway. If I can do that I will have to keep it in mind in the future.

Nope It is not a problem, you can also save some money if you go through me and get the discount price then pick it up yourself, you get the discount price and save on the shipping.
I have had other customers that have done it this way.  :2thumbs:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009 - 10:43:26 PM »
Nope It is not a problem, you can also save some money if you go through me and get the discount price then pick it up yourself, you get the discount price and save on the shipping.
I have had other customers that have done it this way.  :2thumbs:

Man Nick I wish I had waited and got my dash from you. Now I have a YearOne dash that has been sitting in my spare bedroom closet for 2 years and I have heard all kinds of bad ju-ju about their crappy fit  :sadwavey:  Heck I only have like 3 extra dash cores lol. Do they buy dash cores outright?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009 - 11:12:59 PM »
Man Nick I wish I had waited and got my dash from you. Now I have a YearOne dash that has been sitting in my spare bedroom closet for 2 years and I have heard all kinds of bad ju-ju about their crappy fit  :sadwavey:  Heck I only have like 3 extra dash cores lol. Do they buy dash cores outright?

Just Dashes is not that bad, it is a puffier pad when finished and I guess the main thing that I have heard is that they do not stip the pad, they just repair the foam that is left on the pad when sent and then recover it. I am sure if I am wrong someone will chime in and tell me I am wrong, like i said, these are things i have heard.....
As far as the core go, yes they will buy them but the going rate is $65.00, you might want to let some of the others here on CC know that you have 3 pads because there are a couple of guys that want to purchase a new pad but are either waiting to find a dashpad to send in or do not want to pay the corecharge if they have none to send.....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009 - 12:12:30 AM »
The one I got from YearOne has the ABS plastic core. I will have to make sure but I know I have a couple extra pads that are loose in my parts cars and each car has a frame too. As long as I have one to trade in on my 70 Challenger sometime in the future then I am ok. The PIA with selling the cores is the shipping. I dont even want to get into trying to ship something so bulky, it would be a sacrifice of time and labor that I just cannot afford right now.
*Brett*

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:29:32 AM »
The one I got from YearOne has the ABS plastic core. I will have to make sure but I know I have a couple extra pads that are loose in my parts cars and each car has a frame too. As long as I have one to trade in on my 70 Challenger sometime in the future then I am ok. The PIA with selling the cores is the shipping. I dont even want to get into trying to ship something so bulky, it would be a sacrifice of time and labor that I just cannot afford right now.

I thought you said you are in El Paso, you could just drop the pads off and say they are from Nicks Classic Parts Group Buy and walk away. I will then collect the money from any member that wants to use one of the cores you dropped off and then I send you the money collected. I hope i explained it correct, I am half asleep and no coffee as of yet.   :blah:

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009 - 12:53:50 PM »
Nick, I believe he's in Carlsbad, NM, about 150-160 miles from El Paso.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009 - 01:43:58 PM »
Im still hoping to join in this dash buy myself. between Al and BB71 it looks like i have core options still, sorry i havent jumped yet Al.

I would go repro too. My dad got a sweet original 70 pad about 2 yrs ago from Carlisle, its now cracked almost as bad as mine.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 300

• 69 chevelle,67chevelle , 70 barracuda
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009 - 05:56:46 PM »
Nick I sent you a email, maybe you didn,t get it, Elmvale Ontario Canada   Terry Coram,  What,s with the abs cores that i,ve seen  on the web,

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009 - 06:45:24 PM »
Yeah that does make more sense. I am sure I could take them to El Paso and drop them off with little problem.
*Brett*

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009 - 07:56:32 PM »
Nick I sent you a email, maybe you didn,t get it, Elmvale Ontario Canada   Terry Coram,  What,s with the abs cores that i,ve seen  on the web,

Sorry I do not see it, can you resend it again? Thanks, Nick

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009 - 07:58:28 PM »
Yeah that does make more sense. I am sure I could take them to El Paso and drop them off with little problem.

I thought that would, but the 300 mile trip does not sound good, where are you located, I am in AZ near Tucson?

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:41:32 PM »
Guys/Gals, Nick is the best deal around $$$wise and his service is great. He makes this hobby a better pill to swallow.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:53:18 PM »
I thought that would, but the 300 mile trip does not sound good, where are you located, I am in AZ near Tucson?

I am in Carlsbad New Mexico. Its about a 160 mile one way trip. Making a special trip would suck but if I were going there already then it would be no big deal. My mom lives there so I go sometimes. We also fly out of El Paso more than not. I gotta get my Chicos Tacos fix at least 3 or 4 times a year lol.
*Brett*