Author Topic: tach wiring help and radio question  (Read 856 times)

Offline doncarson

tach wiring help and radio question
« on: April 10, 2009 - 02:58:13 PM »
I'm re-installing my rallye cluster with a repro tach (original was missing)  My question is which wires go to the tach. There are two wires close the the tach one is a gray w/ black tracer with a female spade connector and the other is Dark blue w/ L-shape push on plug. Is the DK Blue wire 12+ that goes to the the tach and the gray/wblk tracer for the (-) coil?
There are a few wires w/ splices and extra wiring from other thinge being done so I wanted to get the correct wires. I still have the switch bezel out and stuff so I don't have the battery hooked up yet.
Also the radio is missing also. What connectors were originally to thr radio? I will just put a aftermarket unit in. What rsdios to you guys have in yours without the factory and is it a factory fit without cutting???
Thanks'
Don :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: tach wiring help and radio question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009 - 03:42:42 PM »
Don,

You are good to go as far as the tach goes. Yes, that spade on the gray wire is the signal wire from your coil. That blue wire is indeed the +12 volts for the tach.   :thumbsup:

I can't help much with the radio. My wires were boogered up for an aftermarket radio. The good news here is that any single DIN aftermarket radio will fit. Just make sure it has a sleeve with it to slide the radio into. If you go aftermarket, I can help you with hacking up your wires to get power to it.    :misbehaving:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009 - 03:49:43 PM »
you can get power to it right off of the fuse box.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009 - 06:31:39 PM »
What rsdios to you guys have in yours without the factory and is it a factory fit without cutting???
Thanks'
Don :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Just about any single din unit will work w/o cutting, just stay away from motorized fronts....Here's my install.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=21379.0
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009 - 07:17:52 PM »
there is a T shaped plug with Red & orange wires ,this the factory plug orange is lights , red is power switched , if you need memory the red triple plug is constant power

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline doncarson

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009 - 02:10:09 PM »
Thanks Chryco Psycho.
The tach is working great and I am going to get an aftermarket radio (I'm leaning to the JVC KD200, am'fm/ cd, aux imput and all for $80. at Best Buy).

Don