Author Topic: Who are the dupes now?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Who are the dupes now?
« on: April 11, 2009 - 02:45:24 AM »
Just a little more evidence that our former President was not as dull as most make him out to be. Seems to me that Barney Frank and the rest of the Democratic party are the dupes in our current financial meltdown. Choose for yourselves although this clip had to come by way of Canada because the liberal agenda threatened a lawsuit if Fox News did not take it off American Youtube lol. How typical.

1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Re: Who are the dupes now?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009 - 03:19:46 AM »
Choose for yourselves although this clip had to come by way of Canada because the liberal agenda threatened a lawsuit if Fox News did not take it off American Youtube lol. How typical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1

Isn't that a block of freedom of speech?

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009 - 08:02:11 AM »
Very telling Franks statement leading up to and specifically at 2:10...

The executive branch is basically powerless when faced with an opposition legislative branch but still gets the blame for what occurs during its term.

I've always thought it curious the timing of the economic meltdown....Coincidence?

Anyone not sure of the Democratic party's allegiance just check their position on union card check vs. secret ballot ............I always believed secret ballot was the American way.

I'm waiting to see what inventive way the current administration comes up with to save the UAW when GM takes chapter-11. 

Gotta run.....Black helicopters are circling  :woohoo:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 - 08:04:42 AM by Bullitt- »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:27:11 AM »
Barney F-ing Frank is directly responsible for the current financial situation.  Back in the early 2000's he fought tooth and nail to reduce government oversite of the banks and let them run rampant, and when the sh1t hit the fan, he started denying everything and blaming Bush, claiming "he had many opportunities to block the legislation".  Frank is one of the biggest A-holes on the hill, right next to Kennedy and Pelosi.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009 - 10:47:13 AM »
We can agree..................but at THIS point in time it is useless to point fingers of blame. Someone needs to point a finger to a solution. Sadly way too much time and monies are spent needlessly pointing fingers and spinning in circles. FORWARD in a positive sense is the direction we need....................................   :2cents:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009 - 11:05:03 AM »
We can agree..................but at THIS point in time it is useless to point fingers of blame. Someone needs to point a finger to a solution. Sadly way too much time and monies are spent needlessly pointing fingers and spinning in circles. FORWARD in a positive sense is the direction we need....................................   :2cents:
:iagree: Very well said and totally true!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline leithal

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009 - 11:22:32 AM »
I love my country but I am afraid that when we have so many individuals in power with no accountability we are finished.  Sadly it's our fault as citizens who have the power to vote this people out of office but don't.  We have become complacent and disconnected with this type of treachery.  Until Americans wake up and take back the country we are doomed to a similar fate as Europe.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009 - 11:35:23 AM »
Oh I agree with the need to find a solution, I just think its sad that the majority of people in our great country never dig deep enough to find out the truth. With that said I spent no money and very little time finding that video clip, my dad sent it to me via email.  :swaying:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009 - 12:03:31 PM »
Understanding exactly what happened & what went wrong is the key to finding any real solution.

Without that knowledge, the same thing could happen again. If everyone knows what took place, it will be easier to see the events leading up to it & hopefully prevent it the next time. :2cents:

Keep digging.  :thumbsup:

Offline loco340cuda

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009 - 12:24:23 PM »
I love my country but I am afraid that when we have so many individuals in power with no accountability we are finished.  Sadly it's our fault as citizens who have the power to vote this people out of office but don't.  We have become complacent and disconnected with this type of treachery.  Until Americans wake up and take back the country we are doomed to a similar fate as Europe.

Well said leithal.  Most citizens just don't take the time to research the candidates and find out what the candidates have done, who they really are and/or what they really believe in.   :villagers:
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed - now stroked to 416ci (SOLD)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350

Offline 73dce

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009 - 01:11:40 PM »
I think its funny that anyone would put the blame on any one person or party.  Barney Frank and the democrats didn't single handedly put our country in this mess.  It was both parties and alot of corporate greed.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009 - 01:32:59 PM »
You don't have to be a Harvard grad to figure out who caused our problems. It's all documented on film.
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009 - 01:48:19 AM »
Viva la Revolution?

Offline cudax34me

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009 - 02:05:43 AM »
Well said leithal.  Most citizens just don't take the time to research the candidates and find out what the candidates have done, who they really are and/or what they really believe in.   :villagers:

:iagree:
but none of that matters.got to vote for the party.who cares if he/she is a dirty low life,as long as they are dems/repubs.

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009 - 03:33:21 AM »
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!