Cool pic

Author Topic: Cool pic  (Read 700 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Cool pic
« on: April 11, 2009 - 03:14:17 PM »
Here is a Dodge ad from the Feb. 1978 Road and Track magazine. It is actually a true story kind of. The guy is a pro golfer and those are both his personal cars. An AAR and a new 1978 Dodge. I thought it was neat so here is the pic. Enjoy, I did.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: Cool pic
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009 - 03:39:58 PM »
Thanks for the pic! 

I would gladly drive both of those cars. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009 - 05:59:22 PM »
Very cool indeed!  Those Magnums were very cool.  I used to have a TCR slottless race car track and both cars were Dodge Magnums.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009 - 06:41:19 PM »
Cool advertisement!!  :clapping:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009 - 07:19:55 PM »
Very cool!  :2thumbs:

I would mind having those two cars in my garage.   :grinyes:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009 - 08:58:10 PM »
Magnums were nice cars and the AARm well no words needed.

Offline snowdog

• Thor-Our Belgian Tervuren-Member since 2006
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009 - 10:58:43 PM »
Yep, those magnums were nice.  I wonder how many are left?  My buddy had one, a black one with T-Tops just like the one in the picture, but with red interior.  Lots of great times in that car, but one funny story with that car.  My buddy all ways wanted a custom paint job.  So he had my other buddy a pretty good painter put a clear coat of paint with flip-flop / pearl paint.  The only problem was he used red thinking it would look cool with his black car having a dark red hue when the light hit it right.  Well I don't know if many of you know what happen when you mix black and red together it usually equals =========== PURPLE.  Yes, that’s right purple.  Anyways the guy that painted it got sick from the hardener paint he used, he was used to shooting lacquer.  He couldn’t repaint it for him, so I got stuck with the job.  So with pushed the car out for the garage to water sand it and when the sun light hit it, it was a bright Iridescent PURPLE.  Then I heard my buddies laughing hysterically, they open up the door and the match of bright red interior and iridescent purple was not good.  Not good at all, I don't think even Huggie Bear would be seen drive that thing.  But any ways I painted black again with enamel and water sanded it, buffed it and it looked great.  He later traded it for a Ford T-Bird super coupe, what a waste.  Still like that Magnum to this day, wherever it is.  Sorry, didn't mean highjack this thread but it was a funny story and thought you guys would like it.

See ya, Snowdoggie
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009 - 01:38:03 PM by snowdog »
Scott (aka: snowdoggie) 1970 Challenger - 440 Modified - 4 Spd - White on Black - 1970 Cuda - 383 Magnum - 4 Spd - Drk. Green on Black - Howell, MI
See my "I'm gonna fix'm up someday" story at Cars in Barns.  **Dodge Main 76-78**
http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg113mopar.htm

Offline LAA66

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009 - 11:15:26 PM »
 Cool story.  Pretty gutsy shooting paint around like that.  :cheers: :thinkerg:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009 - 12:49:37 PM »
That is a cool pic! They rotted out real bad in these parts tho... Shredded a bunch!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009 - 02:51:32 PM »
I had a really cool 75 Cordoba. 400, 3,21 sure grip, dual exhaust, rallye cluster, center console with slapstik shifter, FE5 and white half top, white leather bucket seat interior. Was nice and fast for the time too. It had all options except for 2, power windows and sunroof. It had a cool radio that now seems boring but it would seek out radio stations on its own. I saw one other car that I liked better for that type. It was optioned pretty much the same except it had the other 2 options, sunroof and power windows. I tore the hell out of that poor car. I would love to find a nice original like that again. It was a really cool cruiser.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*