Author Topic: can anyone get 9mm shells?  (Read 9611 times)

Offline pink panther

• Resident
can anyone get 9mm shells?
« on: April 11, 2009 - 06:48:11 PM »
Just bought a new 9mm, I have found 1 box of shells. is anyone else having a hard time finding bullets? I know people are buying them and hoarding them, just need a couple of boxes.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: can anyone get 9mm shells?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009 - 07:14:34 PM »
My wal-mart is now carrying 45 shells that are berden primed.  So you can't reload them. 
This is what is happening across the board.  The hoarders are doing so for good reason.
They way that the new bullets have time limits on the primers.  So, the bullets aren't any good after a time.
We have people driving 300 miles to come to my town to wal-mart just to get bullets because you
can't find bullets in Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and Pueblo. 
If you find some, buy them and save a few as the current administration is going hard at the ammo.
Good Luck!! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009 - 07:14:48 PM »
Yes, everyone seems to be hoarding bullets right now.   :dunno:

I went shooting last week and three boxes of 44s cost me $73.00 dollars.   :swear:

Try your local WalMart, they seem to have a good assortment of shells.

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009 - 07:23:18 PM »
I checked at walmart, I found one box at a gun shop, no other places have them.  I have a package of the blue safety slugs for personal protection, just need some more shells as I plan on shooting what  have next weekend.

wagesofsin

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009 - 08:12:39 PM »
try sports authority, at least around here you can still get good ammo there. ( the guy i just spoke to said the truck comes in on tuesdays) so id call and find out when the shipments come. one of our walmarts went anti gun anything, yet the other one 2 miles away still sells everything?

:bigsmile:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009 - 08:32:26 PM »
I heard the time limited primers are also going to be the only option for reloaders as well. The government seems fit to sit back and let us expend what ammo we have while they put a chokehold on what we can get in the future. Kinda explains their eery silence on the issue. I really think its going to get ugly soon. The media is putting a microscope on any gun related crime and in every segment showing both opinions the opponent of second amendment rights has ample time to speak in a slow and measured way, the proponent on the other hand has to try and spit out what he has to say before the inevitable condescending interruption by the liberal puke with the microphone. They are succeeding in making us look like lunatics for even thinking about the right to own guns. Every nutcase with a grudge that settles it with a gun is not making matters any better.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:06:11 PM »
I didn't know the primers now have experation.  I guessyou can still buy guns, but without bullets what's the use.

your right BB71, honest people can't win, a thug can get an illegal gun and bullets and shoot anyone they want, honest people just want to have personal protection legally and it is impossible.

wagesofsin

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:08:11 PM »
this may sound offhanded, and maybe it is...
i liked it better when if you had an issue with a certain individual, you asked them to accompany you outside, then you could settle whatever dispute you had via pugilism(fisticuffs)
i lived in chicago the better part of my life, and we all learned what we needed to.
nowadays i to often hear of the infamous driveby, and subsequent other pud like manuevers to settle a score.

man i miss the old days,
i like guns, and collect em, and other weapons as well.
i love to shoot, hunt, play

but what happened to being a man?

what the hell is happening to our country and our rights?!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to rant.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:30:40 PM »

I went shooting last week and three boxes of 44s cost me $73.00 dollars.   :swear:

:faint:  I'm glad I just play with a BB rifle.  I still am working with the first container of BB's I got 20 years ago....
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:42:17 PM »
Yeah, I wish we could still go outside and settle a dispute like a man.  Not any more, you will just get put in jail and told that you can't have guns because you are violent.
The tv stations need to play more John Wayne movies.

Only shoot the new bullets, don't use the old style.  They will probably be very valuable one day. 

Cabela's online has lots of bullets.   I havn't ever used them but they're site always  has bullets in stock.

Cheaper than dirt has been difficult with several different calibers lately but may have what you are looking for.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:46:45 PM »
I hear you about the fistfights. We had one amost daily in high school. Guys with buck knives on their belts and guns in racks in the student parking lot. No one shot anyone or stabbed anyone and if you got your ass kicked you either came back for more or settled into your spot in the pecking order. No one was permanently disabled, a few black eyes, a few bloody noses and lips. To me the ones that want to jump from argument to gunfight are the weenies because they are afraid to get beat down.
*Brett*

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009 - 09:48:02 PM »
Oh and btw, I went down to the local Walmart because they probably have the best selection around. I bought 2 of the 4 100 round boxes of full metal 9mm they had.
*Brett*

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009 - 10:25:21 PM »
Man i live in the middle of rural arkansas, there are about 1000 people in our town and there are 7 places you can get bullets, and not a single one have said anything about the new primers taht expire, and none of them are ever low of guns or ammo, Guess it just depends on where you live.
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline LAA66

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009 - 10:37:47 PM »
 Our local Walmart's shelves are pretty much bare also. Anyone know if Cabala's has old school ammo. They do ship UPS right?

(Off subject), A buddy I have ridden with for the past 30 years went to one of our favorite riding area last week. He said there were 3 separate Sheriff patrol units cruising thru the camp all day long. Everyone there had been interrogated, bikes were all inspected, along with proof of valid "adventure pass" in possession. Nice peaceful getaway huh?

Oh, and we have to pay OHV fees for this abuse along with the (Adv, pass). Simply disgusting.

Be ready, as they say California leads the way.  :faint:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009 - 10:40:33 PM »
Yeah but they never ask they hikers, campers and daytrippers where their habitat stamp is. The hunters and recreational riders have the whole cost of upkeep dumped on their backs. Charge the daytrippers and the hikers for the priviledge of enjoying the wilderness too!
*Brett*