Author Topic: can anyone get 9mm shells?  (Read 9627 times)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: can anyone get 9mm shells?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009 - 11:00:16 PM »
 :cheers:Hear Here :cheers:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009 - 11:15:14 PM »
The parks can adopt a new fee schedule, drop all the old fees & make money.

Hug a tree - $10.00 per tree, no bag limit.

The 'mentalists will be lining up at the gates with cash in hand.   :bigsmile:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009 - 01:01:32 AM »
I sold my 9 and I think I have a bunch of shells left.  Maybe 600 to 700 if you still need them.  They're heavy, so I'm not sure you would want to pay for shipping.  Email me.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009 - 01:09:23 AM »
Any of those shells hollow point? If pinkpanther is not game I am interested in them. "Shoot" me a PM if no one else wants them letting me know what you are looking to get for them.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009 - 09:21:33 AM »
My boss just bought a 9MM 3 weeks ago and could not find one box of ammo anywhere in the Charleston area. The local walmarts and gun shops sell out the day they get there order in. I only found one box of 500 rounds of .22 cal. at walmart and that was all they had except for a few boxes of shotgun sheels. I have resorted to buying online. It is way cheaper also. Our local Dick's Sporting Goods store is selling 30.06 180 gr. box of 20 rounds for 41.00 when the have them. I get the same exact shell on line for $ 19.95. I use
www.sportsmansguide.com
Give then a try.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009 - 09:37:31 AM »
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009 - 10:35:54 AM »
I think they are full metal jackets... I can double check.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009 - 10:47:02 AM »
9mm Luger Full Metal Jackets 115 gr.  Tell me what's fair if you want them.  I can email pics.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009 - 12:36:17 PM »
Ammo's been tough around here too. And when you find it you pay!!!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009 - 02:43:20 PM »
9mm Luger Full Metal Jackets 115 gr.  Tell me what's fair if you want them.  I can email pics.

I paid 20 and changer per box of 100 rounds. That is higher than I remember but thats what they are going for, these were Winchester rounds by the way. How much you are thinking is up to you though. I am actually looking for hollow points as I have probably well over 500 rounds of full metals already. On top of that my dad called last night and  is on his way to a friends house to buy 2 .45's from her today. One is a double stacked clip, new in the box for 450. The other is used and I dont know the mag count but its going for 300. I told him I would buy the one he doesnt want so my 9mm ammo collection will have to be put on hold for now. I have always wanted a .45 but heard they were not too accurate. Well I guess I am about to find out how accurate they are lol.
*Brett*

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009 - 02:52:44 PM »
If you shoot alot I would suggest investing in a reloading kit. You can buy a Lee reloading kit for fairly cheap and loading your own ammo is way cheaper then buying it.

I can load 50 rds of .22-250 for about 20 bucks. That's after the initial investment of the dies and brass of course. But you can reload your brass about 10-20 times, depending on load an brass.

As far as buying ammo, go to gunshows. I don't know how many yall have where you live but here in DFW Texas we have one almost every other weekend. My brother bought 200 rds of Greek surplus .30-06 ammo in Garand clips for $110. It didn't last very long firing them through the Garand but that's pretty cheap for 200 rds.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009 - 03:01:20 PM »
Finding powder has become harder also.  I don't see barrels in the stores anymore.  Either they sell out immediately or they are getting harder to find.
  I heard something about a ban on importing smokeless powder?  Not sure, maybe here say.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009 - 03:15:45 PM »
I haven't heard that one, but there are a ton of rumors going around.

I don't buy powder by the barrel, just by the can. I haven't had any trouble finding the ones I use, but I have noticed that certain bullets are becoming backstocked. I don't really shoot high volume any more. When I do I shoot .22 or .17. The only pistols I own are a Walther P22 and a Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt. I load all my 45 colt and .22 is still really cheap.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009 - 03:56:34 PM »
I have always wanted a .45 but heard they were not too accurate. Well I guess I am about to find out how accurate they are lol.

The 45 ACP is not an inherently inaccurate round, the loose fit of the original 1911's so they would function under a variety of adverse conditions is what gave the round that reputation. The round can be quite accurate in a well fitted pistol. Another falacy about the 45 ACP is that it had bad recoil and was hard to shoot because of it. The recoil isn't bad at all, and I have pictures of my son when he was 10 years old shooting a combat pistol competition with full loads and handling the recoil quite well. He's not a big kid either, right now at 17 years of age he is 5' 6" and about 150 lbs. I have built competition 1911's that were capable of 1 inch groups at 50 yards from a rest and functioned great! Of course, to get a gun that groups like that you would have to go the custom route, a factory assembled gun that could shoot like that would be a rare one!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009 - 04:06:15 PM »
I think my dad says these are both Taurus guns. I have a Taurus 92AFS in 9mm that is pretty damn accurate imo so I have nothing at all against Taurus  :bigsmile:
*Brett*