Author Topic: Hellwig B and E Body 1" rear sway bar Model 6903 **SOLD**  (Read 1178 times)

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
Hellwig B and E Body 1" rear sway bar Model 6903 **SOLD**
« on: April 12, 2009 - 10:51:15 PM »
I have a 1" rear sway bar, Hellwig model 6903, which I believe fits all E Bodies, all years.  I only had it on my car for a couple months, before I was able to get a correct original bar.  All mounting brackets and hardware are included, and bushings are like new.  The onlt thing missing are the bolts that connect the bar to the front mounts, but these were a poor design to begin with, and I was going to replace them with a standard set of end links from NAPA if I hadn't bought the new bar.  I'm looking for $100.  I prefer local pickup in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and can meet half way if close enough.  I will ship, but will need to come up with a box and shipping price as needed.  I will post picks tomorrow when the sun comes back up.  For now, here's the instructions.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009 - 11:00:00 PM by 73Chally »

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: Hellwig 1" rear sway bar
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009 - 10:31:29 PM »
I'm interested, but would like a bit of info first. How wide is it, and how long are the arms?

If we close the deal, I will need it shipped. But I'm in no rush, so whatever time it would take to get you a decent box is okay. Heck, I might even be able to send you one.

TC

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009 - 10:50:03 PM »
I'm interested, but would like a bit of info first. How wide is it, and how long are the arms?

If we close the deal, I will need it shipped. But I'm in no rush, so whatever time it would take to get you a decent box is okay. Heck, I might even be able to send you one.

TC
I'll get you the info tomorrow, along with the pics I meant to get today.  Also, if you can get me your zip code, I can get a rough estimate for shipping Fedex Ground.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 - 10:52:07 PM by 73Chally »

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009 - 11:10:37 PM »
Cool. My zip is 80907.

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009 - 08:08:36 PM »
Here's a couple pictures.

HP2- The width from inside of each elbow across is 29 1/4", and the overall width from tip to tip is 37 1/2".  The length of each arm is 12".  This is the stock E Body rear sway bar from Hellwig, which can be bought through pretty much any of the parts suppliers for close to $200 and up, plus shipping.  Here's a link to a random search I did.  It turns out these will also fit 64-70 B Bodies, which I did not know before.  If my weight and size estimate is accurate, it looks like shipping will be around $18-$20 by Fedex Ground.  I will just charge you actual shipping cost, with no handling or packaging charge.

http://www.neverenoughauto.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=5086
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 - 08:10:52 PM by 73Chally »

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: Hellwig B and E Body 1" rear sway bar Model 6903 **SOLD**
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:08:23 PM »
Got it today,thanks! When you get a chance, could you send me the installation destructions too? Thanks!

Just for grins I calculated the rates against stock. The stock rear sway bar generate 148 # of force, the Hellwig 435#. However, once you compare the difference in mounting methods and the associated leverage ratios, the stock bar applies 74# of force per tire and the Hellwig only applies 80# per tire. For such a difference in bar rates, the applied rates are certainly much closer than I would have thought.