Author Topic: Help! Wiper motor crank to arms retainer clip thingy needed  (Read 961 times)

Offline doncarson

Help! Wiper motor crank to arms retainer clip thingy needed
« on: April 13, 2009 - 02:03:30 PM »
Was not sure where to post this, but I need the retainer clip (I don't know what it looks like) that holds the wiper actuator arms onto the wiper motor crank. Mine is missing.

Can I use a c-clip and a washer from Ace Hardware or must I use a Mopar specific clip and are they available????

I have re-installed my rallye dash with a new repro tach, redid the clock with a quartz kit, replaced the speedo needle (now I need a speedo cable, (I can hear the snapping and jumping, it must be kinked), replaced the gas tank (was leaking), hooked up the fuel gauge correctly, rebuilt the fan blower switch!, replaced the two- speed wiper switch with acorrect 3-speed (from Slotts!, thanks Jim) and everything is good.
 :jumping:

I bought a replacement wiper motor from O'Rilley, but I may not need it. The motor in my Cuda is date coded from a '74 A-body and I thought that might be why the wipers didnt retract and jambed when the 2-spd switch was used but the O'Rilley motor is even a later date code starting with a 96 number.

So, I hooked everything with my old motor and I think the guy put the wiper arms on when the motor was not at rest.  With the 3-speed switch installed the motor runs at three speeds and stops, reverses and seems to end up at a different position. I want to attach the arms to the crank first and then put the wiper arms on the shafts.

Thanks all for your help. Disassembling, repairing and reinstalling the rallye cluster and all went great with all of your guys help!

Now, after the wipers are finished it's on to replacing my front drums with discs, master cyl and booster and rebuilding the front end whils everything is apart.

We plan to do the full Hot Rod Power Tour and with 54 days remaining I got to get busy!!

Thanks!
Don

Offline willj

Re: Help! Wiper motor crank to arms retainer clip thingy needed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009 - 08:51:34 AM »
hey i was wondering the same thing about the retainer clip.  did you end up finding a place to buy the clip?
73 Challenger 318 4 spd

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Help! Wiper motor crank to arms retainer clip thingy needed
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009 - 11:36:47 AM »
I have a spare clip

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t