Author Topic: 70 Cuda Top Door trim piece, rear quarter window  (Read 3515 times)

Offline BarracudaDave

70 Cuda Top Door trim piece, rear quarter window
« on: April 14, 2009 - 03:27:37 PM »
I'm looking for the small stainless trim piece that is on the top of the door under the rear window quarter, driver's side.  Mine got a pretty good dent in it and although I attempted to straighten it out, it does not look right.  Part must be in good serviceable condition.
thanks

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Re: 70 Cuda Top Door trim piece, rear quarter window
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009 - 04:10:57 PM »
Isn't it made of anodized aluminum?

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009 - 06:44:57 PM »
I have the driverside quarter window belt moulding,if this is what your looking for? :cheers:Let me know? :roflsmiley:

Offline BarracudaDave

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009 - 08:09:49 PM »
Clown,
Your probably right about the aluminum.  My error on that one.

Yes, the drivers side rear belt molding is what I'm looking for.  Is that a hole on the top at the end or is it just a reflection?  You can PM me with the asking price.  My email should be available on the site, if not, I can post it for you.

thanks much.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009 - 09:09:29 PM »
Thats a 70 style with the hole for a mounting screw on top the 71 style has a tab on the end that mounts inside the door jamb.Can you post a pic of yours?Then we can figure out what you got on that fish :roflsmiley:I might even have a spare one of those :bigshades:

Offline BarracudaDave

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009 - 10:01:40 PM »
It looks just like what you have, but no holes.  It is 11 1/2 inches long and is held in place by a couple plastics guides/clips that are not visible when it is in place.  I'll try to get a picture.

Offline BarracudaDave

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009 - 12:38:31 AM »
Here is a picture of the belt molding trim piece I need.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009 - 07:12:48 AM »
Hey Dave
That looks like the style with the tab that attaches in the door jamb and the tab was removed.I thought there were only 2 styles?But I could be wrong,I have been wrong before.Is your car an original 70 Cuda?The reason I ask is that if it is?you will find a hole in the top of the quarter panel towards the front of that belt moulding(might be filled in)but only Cuda's and not Barracuda's came from the factory with the belt mouldings.I will dig out my 71 stuff and get a pic of the two styles that I know of(I might have an extra one) and if you want to keep it like it is?you could remove the tab.
                                       Doug
ps Nice looking car(what I could see of it) :bigshades:

Offline BarracudaDave

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009 - 08:22:07 PM »
Clown (Doug),
Yes, the car is a 70 Cuda and the trim is held in place by 3 plastic clips that are underneath the trim piece.  You can't see them until you remove the trim.  I have seen the reproduction clips for sell, (they are about 3/8 inch or so wide and about one inch long), through year one, to mention one source.  Year one also carries the four piece belt molding kit, but I just need the one piece.
thanks,
Dave
P.S.  For you purist, if you look at the picture closely you can see the Penstar on the rear glass.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009 - 08:26:53 PM by BarracudaDave »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009 - 08:39:31 PM »
the same trim was on mine, 3 plastic clips to attach. no hole in it
*** Bart ***

Offline UKcuda

• Tell them I'm on my way
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009 - 05:36:32 AM »
I have had some confusion over these trims as well.  I bought a set supposed to be from a '70 hardtop but they have the tabs to go down the door post.

Even more strange they are about half an inch too long !! and the last inch at the back has a recessed lower profile on one side, like it was meant to line up with some other trim.

I am wondering if these are from a convertible ??? - if so could be quite rare I guess.
'72 'cuda

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009 - 05:40:06 AM »
I have had some confusion over these trims as well.  I bought a set supposed to be from a '70 hardtop but they have the tabs to go down the door post.

Even more strange they are about half an inch too long !! and the last inch at the back has a recessed lower profile on one side, like it was meant to line up with some other trim.

I am wondering if these are from a convertible ??? - if so could be quite rare I guess.
If you can post a picture of what you have, we can identify what they are off for you :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009 - 08:16:20 PM »
For clarification on the belt trim for 70/71 Chally/Cuda Verts - check out this post where we had a great discussion:   

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=56922.0

VT Mopar
VT MOPAR

Offline UKcuda

• Tell them I'm on my way
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009 - 03:02:33 AM »
well mine are not convertible ones then.  I don't really mind what they are from as I can easily cut the last bit back half an inch to make them fit.  Thanks for the info though.
'72 'cuda

Offline BarracudaDave

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009 - 03:29:22 PM »
Still looking for this trim piece.  Anybody got one they can part with?