Author Topic: My car may be in a movie!!!!!!  (Read 1517 times)

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

My car may be in a movie!!!!!!
« on: April 14, 2009 - 10:53:46 PM »
I was at the gas station todat getting gas and some guy in an suv pulls up and tells me i have such a nice car. i said well thank you, he asked what it was and i told him it was a challenger, he says manthat sure is one cool looking car, how would you like it to be in a movie. i said well that would be pretty cool, just thinking the guy was full of crap, then he asked if i knew Miachel, the assistant director of the film, and i said well yea i have talked to miachel a few times, turns out this guy is the director, now im getting excited because i know they guy is for real, i gave him my phone number and he said he would be intouch with me. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: The movie is called Welcome to Shelbyville, he wants to use my car in july, they havent started shooting it yet.its gonna be a low budget horror film, but hey i can say my car has been in a movie. I am going to let them use it after i see a few legal documents saying they have good insurance incase they dent it up a little bit, and that they will have it fixed at the shop of MY choice.    Ill keep you guys posted as soon as i hear anything new
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline 71ChallengerSE

Re: My car may be in a movie!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009 - 11:34:38 PM »
Thats pretty schweet. I would love to see my car in a film or show. But I would just settle for actually having it done.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009 - 11:37:50 PM »
Sounds good except for the dents n scratches :bigsmile:

Offline darkhawk

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009 - 11:40:37 PM »
Great opportunity, congrats.
Nigel
73 Cuda
65 Valiant Convertible
04 Dakota

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009 - 11:46:01 PM »

That's where the shop of my choice come in.  I know a guy that lives about an hour away from me that restores show cars.   That would be the shop of my choice. Most likely it won't be in danger of geting damaged.  Other wise they would probably have tried  to just buy it from me

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009 - 11:54:17 PM »
  :iagree:  Congrats and good luck  :2thumbs:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009 - 12:27:03 AM »
That is super cool! Dont let them weld window frames on it though lol.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009 - 01:40:40 AM »
Sounds cool!  But let's hope the only thing in this horror flick that gets killed are people, not cars!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009 - 08:18:27 AM »
Sounds cool!  But let's hope the only thing in this horror flick that gets killed are people, not cars!  :grinyes:

If they tell me  that it is going to be in a chase scene or something where it could potentially be damaged then i am going to tell them they need to find a different car.  accadents do happen and it could possibly get danaged a little but even if it wasnt supposed to, but if i know up front that they are going to damage it then i guess it just wont be in a movie. and If they were going to destroy a car they would probably just buy one.   it will probably just be in the back ground or it will just be one of the charachters cars or something like that.

Offline cwestra

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009 - 09:00:26 AM »
I heard about that movie.  Supposed to be some kind of horror version of Vanishing Point, I believe.
Corey - in Northern Indiana

moparniac

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009 - 09:04:16 AM »
cudadave had his car in a movie or commercial or something.

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009 - 10:50:50 AM »
Yeah mine was used for a Food Lion/ Coca-Cola 600 commercial last year which was cool, however it did come back with a couple of new chips eventhough the car sat in one spot the entire commercial!!! :swear: I got a nice chunk of change for the shoot plus I charged them big time for the chips which I was able to fill in to look half decent. Whats even cooler is that my Volvo 740 Turbo wagon was used in the commercial this year which was an action sceen in which a mundane librarian get in the car and starts doing donuts and going crazy! I wasnt worried about that one being the car is almost 20 years old and I got a free set of new tires for it and a $1000.00 dollar check for one day of shooting. I got more for letting them use it than its probably worth!! :icon16: Good luck on your car! That would be way cool as long as they are careful with it. The good new is that movie companies are pretty generous as far as $ goes!
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009 - 12:20:29 PM »
70burntorangeT/A, that's real cool!
Hope you get a few chips and scratches all over the Chally, and voila, a new show quality paintjob! :naughty:  ;)

I heard about that movie.  Supposed to be some kind of horror version of Vanishing Point, I believe.
it's already made. It's called Death Proof.  :puke:

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009 - 12:28:03 PM »
Congrats and good luck with that hope the best for you and that everything works out the way you want it.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 73yellowfish

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009 - 01:22:59 PM »
as posted in the another post.. our duster is used by ryan reynolds in the new movie adventureland...

it was good to do once.. but proably not again... we stayed with the car the whole time mostly.. long and boring days... they did scratch it on the quater panels.. but reimbursed us to fix it without a problem...

but.. it looks damn good up on the big screen...

good luck!
'73 cuda
(O [       ]{|||}[       ] O)